Reviews for Only Sleeping
Azolean chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
That is definitely off the beaten path of what I've come to expect in the realm of SH fanfiction.

However, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was beautiful, and made a ridiculous amount of sense to me. I very much appreciate you taking the time to share this one with the rest of the world.
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Good for you, Holmes, encouraging Watson to write again.
White Wyrsa chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
You know... it's something magical. The way you describe the working of writer's mind. And the scene of them two playing that brilliant game. Their friendship is really inspirating! Glittering bitterness, but leaves with warm sensation.

Thank you for wonderfull work!
Ella Not Lotte chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Aw... poor Watson. If I couldn't write, I wouldn't know what to do. I loved that whole passage about his ideas slipping away. I've had that happen to me more than once.

Thank goodness Holmes is around.

*sigh* I love that man...

It was amazing. You're very talented.

-Ella
sherlockiANNE chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
I really liked this! I wonder why they didn't think of dictating to Watson dictating to Holmes before?
KaizokuShojo chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
You're a grand writer, you know. :)
gabrielsangel79 chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
A beautiful story. Poor Watson, but I love the idea of Holmes as his secretary. Well done!
AmatorLinguae chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
Beautiful. I'm glad you think I helped in some small way, but I really don't see how I contributed! The style of it is magnificent, and I love the dialogue; very true to life, with a bit of British humor - "I believe in some recess of my mind I knew that." And you did an excellent job of building up the suspense as one wonders what Watson's trouble is...

And what a trouble. Bad enough when you forget a notebook, but to be unable to write... The "word cemeteries" comparison was a stroke of genius - I've never thought about it that way before. And I can quite easily picture Holmes the secretary, biting his tongue to control sarcastic remarks!
KCS chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
Mmhm, my worst nightmare would be that I would lose the use of my fingers. I'd rather lose the use of my legs, without question.

I'm glad it wasn't as sad as the other, and I always love reading retirement stories that are as well done as this!
aragonite chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
Goggles in awe.

Not a single thing I could say to this masterpiece that wouldn't be painfully obvious.