Reviews for Separate Ways
ber1719 chapter 5 . 8/20/2009
Oh snap! Okay no lie I feel so horrible for not reviewing sooner. I love this take on the girl gets into Easy deal. Although, I have to admit, the language barrier is going to be somewhat of a problem. So, just curious, will this be turning into a romance? I was thinking that since she speaks German, maybe Liebgott or Webster? Just wondering. If not, its still a wonderful story and I will read no matter what. :D
Elle99 chapter 5 . 8/13/2009
keep going with this story please :)

very good. cant wait til easy

company comes in the picture :D
Cielag chapter 4 . 7/27/2009
Okay, I like the overall concept of this story. There are several problems though. The first being, the SS is composed of several branches and the one you're describing is the SS-Totenkopfverbände (SS-TV). They are the ones who are in charge of the concentration/work camps. They're also part of the famous killing squads that you are describing. It is very important to actually clarify which branch you're using rather than just looping it as all of the SS because not all of them did this.

Also, on the subject of the entire SS, no one was ever drafted into it. Dominik wouldn't have been forced into the SS for any reason. For one, he's friends with a Jew and defended her from other SS soldiers. If that wasn't disqualifying enough, the fact that he's also not part of the Nazi Political Party would do it. The SS was voluntary and they were extremely strict on who they let in.

Someone like Dominik, if he wasn’t forced into the Heer (which is the army, since you use Babylon, which I recommend that you stop using because it’s wrong) he would have been put into a work camp for fighting against the SS. That is, if they didn’t just shoot him on the spot, which they probably would have done considering they had no way of knowing that he wasn’t a Jew.

Also… I think it was in Chapter 3 but it’s not “yah volt” it’s “Jawohl”. I recommend finding someone who is native in German or picking up a German phrase book. Collins has just published an awesome beginners German dictionary that will cover stuff like that and forming phrases. In addition to the languages, if you’re going to put the English translation, I recommend not putting it in the same dialogue as it’s making it seem like the person is repeating what s/he said in two languages. It gets annoying real fast.

Please remember that a little bit of research goes a long way. There are many great sites that I can recommend for dealings with the Wermacht and the SS during WWII. This is a great idea you have here and I do encourage you to keep writing this one.

WETSU chapter 4 . 7/5/2009
Well done in capturing the poor girl's feelings, knowing what is about to happen to her mother, her own desire to survive... it is beyond horrible what human beings can do to one another.
THE DEADLY ANGEL chapter 4 . 7/2/2009

She got away YAY

You'll have to make the chapters a ickle tiny bit longer

PLZ the suspence is killing me

Good chapter though
ber1719 chapter 4 . 7/2/2009
Ah snap! I am so excited for the next chapter. I hope the Easy boys are in the next one. Ugh okay it was well written and captured my attention from the very start. Hehe, can't wait to see more.
runaway4ever chapter 4 . 7/1/2009
your story is getting super interesting!

I love where its going ;)

please update soon; I can't wait !

and thanks for writing.

ber1719 chapter 3 . 7/1/2009
Aw. I like Dominik even if Janetta is less than happy with him. It is a bit rushed but I feel it. I can't wait for the Easy boys to show up either.
ber1719 chapter 2 . 7/1/2009
HOly cow. This is just getting better and better. I'll admit that the second chapter was better written than the first and it was also longer, which I love. ;)
ber1719 chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Oh my goodness! This is starting out to be a really incredible story. And I love your idea of a plot. It's very intriguing and nothing has ever been written on here like it, so it's very original. Can't wait to see more. :D
THE DEADLY ANGEL chapter 3 . 7/1/2009
oh something exciting should be happening next chapter then?

Does Dominik get killed for this?

Or does he escape with Janetta

Please say he does

Oh poor thing and Noah oh

Please Update sooner than last time please

i'll be looking out for more
runaway4ever chapter 3 . 6/30/2009
I just finished reading the 3 chapters!

I really like it ;D

its very detailed and it was clear to understand.

your story is really interesting.

I cant wait until Easy comes into the story x)

please update soon!

- Nicole;!
Morgan chapter 2 . 4/25/2009
I really like it so far!
THE DEADLY ANGEL chapter 2 . 4/11/2009

Review soon the suspence is killing me
hansolo18 chapter 1 . 3/15/2009