Reviews for Below Rory's River
Her80sDemon chapter 4 . 5/5/2013
I know this story is from like, 2 years ago BUT I REALLY LOVE IT! i watched mean creek the other day and was like 'man i wish there was a teenage girl in there somewhere besides Millie...WAIT A MINUTE!' ahah and then i got on here, started reading your amazing story...and it came to and end :(( please update if you can :)
Lycan Queen chapter 4 . 10/6/2012
I left a review on your story awhile back and I would personally like to apologize for that review
I still think the story can be greatly improved but I also think it has a lot of potential
And the reason I would like to apologize is because ever since I left my last review I've learned that there is in fact a difference between constructive criticism and just being obnoxious about it
And I was being obnoxious about it
Now for my actual criticism
I do think that Rory is a bit of a Mary-Sue
This is because everyone in the movie is bullied in some kind of way not just George and Sam
And everyone has their own personal reaction to it
Whereas Clyde keeps it bottled up and Marty reacts violently and rebelliously, Rory reacts in a Its Not My Fault manner
The reason why I think this is bad is because everyone has a flaw that could somewhat be related to by different kinds of people, Rory has no major flaws thus making her a Mary-Sue and not relatable
She needs a reason besides I Can't Choose Which One to bounce between Rocky and Marty and still sleep with Marty while still gaining the audience sympathy or the underdog quality if you will
Because to the naked eye it looks like she just wants to sleep with two guys
Even though I know that's not really the case
HoneyGee08 chapter 4 . 1/19/2012
I really want to read more. This is great update soon!

I want toknow what happens.
HoneyGee08 chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Hey love this story upload more please :)
The Duchess Writes chapter 4 . 12/27/2011
First, I'll give you the positive criticism for your story. You have a good sense of grammar and story construction, and you make it easy to show Mallory's relationship with the guys. You're a good storyteller and writer, and it's easy to read and keep track of.

Now for the constructive criticism. It's an interesting idea, but I don't think it's executed well enough. Rory seems a lot like a Mary Sue. I also think it's kind of annoying the way she seems to get the attention of ALL of the guys. It would be interesting to make her the girlfriend of another character, but I can't stand the insufferable "Who will she choose" type of stories. Don't take it personally, because I think it may be a personal annoyance.

I'd like to see this story continue, because it has a lot of potential. I have a lot of stories in my mind, and one is of the girlfriend of Rocky. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who imagines another character in Mean Creek. I'm putting this on Story Alert, because I'd like to see the way it unfolds. It's early on in the story, and only fifteen minutes into the film. It has time, and I think that this can be a really good story. Keep up the good work. :)
HermioneandMarcus chapter 4 . 11/18/2011
fantastic chapter update and i can not wait to read more of it as soon as you can write it please and thank you
DarkFireAngel00 chapter 4 . 11/17/2011
AHHH! I AM SO HAPPY! This is one of my favorite stories. Pretty please upload again soon!
Mrs.1DJessup chapter 4 . 11/17/2011
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I LOVE IT! Yay! UPDATE ASAP! And hope you had fun on your birthday :) Weeee! Did I mention I LOVE THIS? XD *Does Happy Dance* UPDATE! Bi!

Sincerley,

Girl who LOVES your story.
Mrs.1DJessup chapter 3 . 11/10/2011
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEE UPDATE! I'm in love with this story! And CLYDE! XD But seriousley, update please? I'm begging you! This is one of the greatest story's I have ever read on this site, ever. And I reallt mean that. So PLEASE UPDATE? I LOVE "Mean Creek"! PLEASE! Bi!

Sincerley,

Girl who LOVES your story.
Lycan Queen chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
This story was shit

E is not a grade, the OCs background story has been used a million times before, she can't blame her father for her grades really cause if he leaves her alone that means she has more time to study

She's really just trying to get attention from him but you don't let her face that fact so that way she looks like the victim and we feel sorry for her and you have both boys pitying

And that's sad pathetic part, it's not even sympathy, it pity

And if her father doesn't care about her then do you really think he would even give a hell about how she does in school

I'd say the only thing your doing right is that she can't choose between Marty and Rocky and of course Rocky and Marty getting all pissed

But everything else is just so predictable

Start again, game over
BadDreamer chapter 3 . 4/23/2011
Best FanFic Ever! Why isn't there more of this?
DarkFireAngel00 chapter 3 . 4/10/2011
I love it! Please upload soon!
xSerrahBaratheonx chapter 3 . 12/14/2010
Hey, I just came across your Fan Fiction and I am very upset that there are only three chapters. Mean Creek is one of my favourite movies and not a lot of people can do good fan fictions along side it, so please, please continue! I know that this was posted over a year ago but eep, I want to read more! lol Thanks so much for what you have written and again, please continue! :)
fallenangel009 chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
awesome story so far cant wait to see where it goes from here.
Tamir874 chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Awesome story! I liked it a lot but there was something that got me a little were kinda going back and forth between Rocky And Marty so i was a little confused at who you wanted to be paired with.I kinda got the vibe that you really had feelings for Rocky but than i got the vibe that even though you were only having a friends with benefits with Marty,you really wanted to be with other than that,it was a great it up! : )