Reviews for K2: Shades of What Might Have Been
machievelli chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Posted 24 November 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but had problems last year so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. But I have finally caught up.

TSL AU: The Exile rescues an old friend we all know

The piece is interesting in where it starts, the Exile suddenly hearing Visas screaming for help as her planet dies. The one odd note was Gunner consistently cursing without swear words. It sounds like he was raised by Maiden aunts. I'm surprised he didn't say 'sugar' instead of the four letter word.

One flaw, at least to me, aboard ships, you do not have the regular names you're used to as a landsman. Check out my article over at Lucasforums Knights of the Old Republic Coruscant Entertainment CenterThe Resource CenterShip nomenclature, or; It's not a door, it's a hatch blast it! To get what I am pointing out.

My main interest; what did Carth do in the intervening time that was so bad they'd literally expunged his record? Even Benjamin Arnold has exploits recorded before his attempt to give West Point to the British.
Guest chapter 16 . 10/3/2012
interesting, a very good read
Bladesniper13 chapter 16 . 2/3/2010
Pretty good story. I like the change to the story.
MyHeartIsObsidian chapter 16 . 6/18/2009
Hello again!

Did you know that your are a excellent author? Especially when it comes to Star Wars?

Well, that is my opinion about you:D

This story was completely awesome! The only thing lacking is some tasty lemons:P

A big, warm hug from:

MyHeartIsObsidian chapter 5 . 6/10/2009
Hello dear

How are you? I see your writing is progressing just fine)

Anyway, I look forward reading your story as it is very well writtenD

I will read a bit from chapter from time to time but I am not sure if I can give reviews on everyone.

I will however, drop by to give advice and such whenever I get the time.

Oh, almost forget. Swagger, Flynn and Maverick are completly awesome characters! I would love to get a picture or drawing of Flynn and Swag with their complete equipment, if you have one?

I hope you live well and have people who love you

Alpha Vegetable chapter 16 . 5/27/2009
I've got to say, this is one of the best SW fics I've ever read. Original, funny, deep, exciting - it has the whole enchalada. I'm sorry it's over. I love all the characters, nearly died when you killed Revan, Bastila and Swagger and rejoiced when you brought them to life again. I felt a twinge over Canderous' death, but actually cheered when Swagger killed the Jedi Masters (arrogant so-and-sos)! The new aspects you brought into it, the serpentine mind of Revan, the whole thing - and the ending, where everybody pretty much gets what they want - it leaves you feeling just how you should when you finish a story. Oh, and I nearly howled in delight when you made HK appear in the end. This was absolutely incredible. AC
Elwin Ransom chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Very unique-and interesting! It's been a while since I've read one of your stories, but I figured I'd start this story out and see what all the furor is about. :P I had actually wanted to earlier, but you update so fast I couldn't keep up! You write faster than I can read! It's enough to doom me to some sort of melancholic depression about how I'll never be able to finish it because it grows faster than I can read it. :P

Anyway, I sort of got lost in the wake, but maybe now I can make the time to check this out. If the first chapter is any indication, this is definitely a lot different from anything else out there-and that's awesome. Lots of original characters, and, of course, a drunken ex-soldier named Carth. Definitely a unique route to take for him, as most of the time he seems to be in charge of the entire fleet by the time K2 rolls around. I like this angle you took on him, and I like these other characters so far, even though I've never met any of them before. They seem cool.

Well, that's it for this review. A shorter one than I'd like, but I've got to get going. As always, good work!
Spoodles chapter 16 . 5/20/2009
Thank you thank you thank you for not killing Swag... I was about to have a cow...

Yay! No one died... well... no one I liked... well... I guess I liked Sty... in that great job on making an evil guy way...

Great job on everything. I really loved this story. Ah... :-) Are you gonna get back to writing Sartorial Eloquence now? I hope I spelled that right.

Ah. Lovely. I am content. Thank you.
spruce56 chapter 16 . 5/19/2009
Aw, happy ending. Your Revan is such a ...brat o.O

Glad everyone save Stygiaan got through in one piece and HK got to make an awesome reappearance. And I can work on my fic for a bit! Finished 3/6 reports I had to do this week, and the rest aren't immediately due. Happiness.
MyHeartIsObsidian chapter 3 . 5/19/2009

I really like this new villain! A sith who began a sith and learned from Exar Kun O.o

i feel the tension build:)

Keep it up!

TheLionOfLannister chapter 16 . 5/18/2009
I will shamelessly admit that I skipped ahead in chapter 14 to make sure Swag was alright. I will shamelessly admit that I squealed with joy like a five-year-old when he woke up. And I will shamelessly admit that my mother and my younger sister both groaned when they found out the reason for that joy - they told me last night that they hoped Swagger was indeed dead, because they are sick of hearing about him. Hee.

But, on to the real review.

Loved all three chapters. Again with the OCs being excellent - Swag and Flynn compliment each other perfectly. Swagger has got the intensity covered, and Flynn's casual attitude makes that work well. I just loved the chemistry of the characters in this fic. Gunner and Mav are great, too, of course. I just happen to be madly in love with Swagger. Snickered at the 'gloomy Gus' remark from Flynn also, and at Swag slapping/punching Carth on the back.

I liked your Revan. The sort of unbiased attitude regarding the Jedi/Sith fit him well, and he was quite an interesting character to read about. Worked well with the others. And I'm glad you put him in there - the lack of Revan in K2 always bugged me. Felt wrong that they just threw him out the window after Bioware established such a fascinating character.

And Stygiaan's death - wow. That satisfied my request for a thousand painful deaths and all that. Plus, I love HK. Glad he showed up. And the fight with Nihilus was great, though I've come to expect nothing less than that from this story.

And the ending! My favorite ending to a fic, ever, I think. Just fit so perfectly. All three of you should be quite proud - you created a very impressive story, and it was a joy to read. Been a rough week, so this gave me something to take my mind off of other things. Great job, again, and though I admit I am quite sorry to see this lovely fic come to a close, it was worth every minute I spent reading it. :)
general-joseph-dickson chapter 16 . 5/18/2009
Good story
general-joseph-dickson chapter 14 . 5/18/2009
Revan is cruel.
noncanoncontent chapter 16 . 5/18/2009
Fantastic ending! I never thought Mav and Visas would become a couple. She was too entrenched in the Force and he didn't even want it back. And Stygiaan's death was great!
noncanoncontent chapter 15 . 5/18/2009
Flynn's "gloomy Gus" remark cracked me up. He's such a nice oppostie to the taciturn Vasa. Will Swagger take on the Force to help his friends?