Reviews for Survivor: Vampire Island
Metropolis Kid chapter 12 . 9/24/2009
Once again, sorry about your Goldfish. :(

BUT, though short this was a “sweet” chapter. :) And the fun started right off the bat too- with Alucard winding up and pitching his bottle right into Sandy-Probst's head. :) You know... I think Alucard might have some anger issues. :P LoL Maybe he should check into an anger management class... Nah, never work... though it could be fun to watch...

Oh, but doing American Ideal with the wolves... Okay, that's hilarious! :D And I'm so glad that you kept Simon. I don't watch American idol religiously or anything, but I'll tune in from time to time. And even I know that Simon IS that show. Without him, it would be like Hellsing without Alucard- just don't work. :P

So... Um, do I sense a possible sequel in the mix- American Idol: Werewolf edition... or something? You've got a good setup, and it would be funny to see the captain comment- he'd have to hold up flash cards or something. :P Oh, and someone's just gotta sing “Hungry Like the Wolf”. :P LoL

Okay, so I know that I said before the Major wouldn't have an interest in torturing the Twilight 'werewolves', but... BUT this is amusing enough that I just don't care. I love the idea and am perfectly willing to just ignore the Major's canon deviation for it. ;)

On thing though, I don't think Integra would be disgusted by the fact the Twilighters are friends with 'werewolves'- surprised maybe. But, I can't think of any reason she'd be prejudiced against werewolves- at least not more than any other 'monsters'. In fact Hellsing's creed doesn't even call for the eradication of werewolves- who are cursed humans, not undead. Just saying...

Nice little snipe at the Twilight inconsistencies too. :) Really, how can people enjoy THAT series? It's awful... just, just awful. O_o?

But while we're commenting on Integra. You also may want to reconsider the 'sin of being human comment'. One of the main points of Hellsing is that capable, strong willed humans are actually cooler than vampires. And Alucard's even said before that only a man (meaning HUman is this case) could ever hope to defeat a monster like him. It's a small thing, but I figured I'd mention it.

Oh, so Alice got the boot? Well, okay, yes that surprises me. I'm VERY glad it wasn't Alucard, Integra or Seras, but Alice? Huh, I figured she'd be the last Twilighter left in. Just out of curiosity what was it in the last chapter that you think made people vote against Alice? O_o

Well, it was a little short, but it was still fun. :) Looking forward to the next one. ;)

Have a good day, and God bless.

Metropolis Kid.
xanimefanx14x chapter 11 . 9/14/2009
oh...my...god...know what you should do? you should write something original (well, oviously this is original, but i think you know what i mean) and have it published! that's what i'm doing... but i'm only have like 14 pages typed so far...
xxyangxx2006 chapter 11 . 9/13/2009
Shoot I just missed the poll by just one day. Well any way Metroplis Kid recomended this stroy on one of his stories I was reading and thought hey why don't I check it out. I'm glad I did. Great job and take your time in continuing. If someone really wants to find out what happens they'll wait.
Superficial Faith chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Finally, some manner of AxI from you! (melts into a puddle of goo) I remember I said I was going to review one of your stories in-depth. I hope to do that tomorrow after I get all my homework done. Hope that Integra gets to stay! :)
EZB chapter 11 . 9/4/2009
College is awesome. :D LongTimeNoSee! I've missed this story so, and it brought something very cool to the game i didn't expect- the Real Life Vampire Squid. I saw that sucker before and flipped out. Scary as hell... imagine going skinny dipping and you see those reaching for your-

ANYWAY!

First of all, i think that reading this became a slight encouragement for me, being that i haven't been writing for a while, but now want a crack at some HSWC...

:O LEON YOU BASTARD. Or... is he?

And Alucard's little intrusion to some romance was great. It just seemed to be one of those moments where everyone is soo on edge that THERE WILL BE KISSES DELIVERED. Or else. XD

Can't wait to hear from you again, and then to see how you like my most recent chapter, soon to come out... (?)

Your servant,

EZB
Master of the Boot chapter 11 . 9/4/2009
Fear not my lady, for my behavior is well in line :) No beer bongs for me. The worst thing I drink is chocolate milk.

I'm reviweing you now from my new laptop. This chapter had its highs and it had its lows. I shall elaborate both for you.

Let's start with the good. First of all, I really have to congragulate you on how well you're able to portray Leon. Given that you've never seen the character in acition, I'd say that warrants an achievement award.

Being a huge fan of the discovery channel, I happened to already know about vampire squid and you did a fantastic job depicting it as both majetic and otherworldly. Having it deadly to actual vampires was both a stroke of great irony and highly creative on your part.

Tribal council is going to be exciting, call it a gut feeling. I've already made my vote. I'll tell you later who I picked in private.

Hearing Edward's talk of what Sand Probst was thinking was very funny.

I really liked how Alice was petting and frolicking with the creature. That was rather cute.

I have to congragulate you on depicting Leon Kennedy. Given that you've never seen him in his true medium, you've done a marvelous job with his character.

That being said, there were parts of this chapter which gave me problems. Don't take any offense as none is meant.

First of all, the vampire squid. I've seen these guys, they're not exaclty torpedoes. Even if the Cullens are only moving at sixty miles an hour, it'd take about two billion squid to stop one of them. And if a sixty mile an hour Unstet hits a forty something pound squid, you can say road kill. Even if the squid is poisonous, you'd need to convey just how many squid are needed to stop only three.

There was really only one other thing that raised my hackles. Edward and Integra. No offense, but that's kind of getting on my nerves. I'm always a fan of unusual pairings, but this doesn't work for me. Edward's wife is in mortal peril and yet all he seems to think about is Integra in some form or another. He hasn't really gotten very much screen time so to the reader it looks like he's spending a disproportionate amount of time pining for the Hellsing leader.

Sorry, but I have to say this. Edward was prepared to kill himself when he thought that Bella died. As in having the Volturi rip him to shreds, light him on fire and pee on the ashes. I just can't see him wanting to kiss Integra under these circumstances or anything alike.

A relatively minor thing. You had Alucard kiss Integra. I thought that she took in very lightly that her servant kissed her. If you're a fan of AxI, fine. But I don't think that Integra feels that way about Alucard.

If these statement offend you, contact me and we'll deal with it. I mean no offense to you and I'm simply stating my feelings.

Well, all the best to you:D And next time, please let me carry on my editorial favors for you. I always look forward to it. And If I'm too busy, I'll just contact you well ahead of time.

Ta

Master of the Boot
Tsuki no Rekuen chapter 11 . 9/3/2009
Lol I may be in College now but alcohol I do not like. *sews button holes in Walter's vest* I swear its like you can read my mind. I was thinking about this today.

At the moment I’m on a sugar/caffeine high and I must say wow dead monkey, yay another sign of Bunnicula~! *flails hands in the air* D I must really be looking forward to see it discovered. XD Silly Nosferatu if only you’d remember. I’m seeing a vampuric animal theme this chapter. I laughed and then felt some what bad for Alice getting bitten and paralyzed, just~ a ting, but lul-ed when they were strategically attacked and unable to leave. I knew they must have been trained pets of the Major.

I do love where this is headed, lots of twists and it’s unpredictable! I will say this once and there’s no spite but I hate you! But I love you at the same time since it wasn’t that… that thing I labeled a pixiepire. Thank you so much, I was panicking if, if that thing laid its cold lips on Sir Integra. That scene was a little too romantic for me, and I’m a sucker for romance. It just felt too mushy and lovey-dovey. Like something that one might read from a cheap romance novel *coughtwilightcough*, not saying to insult you in any way. Not one bit. I will comment that Alucard learned his lesson with Probst. XD And the punishment, oh he’s such a glutton for pain. XD I love you man, you fuelled my dark pairing of YWxGC with that little mention. Really you did. I was thrilled to see that. Truth or Dare is such a lovely game, evil but lovely. If Alu over heard that, well in my mind it just went: “Aww, I was really your first crush Angel? How touching.” XD

I hope to see more chapters in the future!
Metropolis Kid chapter 11 . 9/3/2009
Oh, you are so very, VERY evil to make me think that Integra was going to kiss that... thing (yes, he's been upgraded back to thing status now ;)). How could you do that to me? So, very, very evil of you... though not nearly as bad as if you'd actually gone through with it. LoL ;) I'm so very glad you didn't. Really, Alucard suits her better (heck, the 'Puppetman' from Fallout would suit her better than that thing). But Alucard works well. He's is the most canonical encouraged pair up for her after all... and one of the few Vampire/human relationships I can actually see working out and avoid the 'blue berry pie' issue. ;) Now, a brief word about the kiss itself... Okay, you know I'm not really one for that mushy-goo-goo stuff in fanfics, and I do think that you dragged that out a little bit too long. However, it's my favorite Hellsing pairing (and I'm still just SO happy that you didn't have Integra kissing that thing), so I won't bother complaining... this time. ;)

One last thing about the kiss though... “if her last wish is going to be satisfied, he’ll be damned if it will be done by anyone but him.” I think it might be slightly more fitting if you replace that “anyone but him” with “sparkly faker”- would be a little more in tune with Alucard's personality. But that's a small nit pick.

Now, on to the review proper:

The main plot is coming along well enough- interesting and entertaining, no complaints here... so far anyway. But I'm firm believer in the idea that “Life is in the details”, so lets talk about those instead- the little moments and ideas that make the characters seem alive and feel relatable. ;)

Bacon!

Haha. Just was quite funny- even if it did come from one of Edward's lines. It was just such a funny image. Poor, Integra, trying to get information from the two mind-readers, and Alucard basically just tells her that Probst is an idiot. So she turns to Edward... and all he does in confirm what Alucard said. “At first his thoughts seemed to be primarily on bacon.” I don't even care that that was an Edward line- it was funny enough to make up for that fact! :)

So, Seras is trying to subtly 'check out' their new camera man, and playing “hard to get”? And then... then she kiss him as part of a dare? Might you be planing on a pairing those two up? _~. Hm, While I'd rather see her with Alucard (except for the fact that you've got him with Integra- which I actually prefer slightly more anyway ;)) or Pip (who doesn't seem to be in this fic), I'm willing to give a SerasxLeon pairing a shot. We'll see where you take this and how you develop it.

Okay, I had face palm at Alice's comments about the Major's fashion sense- well, specifically I face palmed at Walter's reply. However, I was still smiling while doing it, so I guess those things kind of cancel each other out. Still, smart thinking by Jasper to turn the steer the conversation in another direction... even if it was just to the weather.

Integra's snoring and refusal to admit it was a nice little touch too- a way for you to... humanize (yes, in a world of vampires, you need to humanize the humans, right? :P) her a little without going OOC or out of canon. It's a small thing, but when you feel the need to humanize her, I think that's kind of thing to do. Once again, It's all in the details, right? ;)

Haha! I spotted the little Young Walter/Girly-card reference. While not really a big fan of the pairing, that was... innocent enough for my tastes and kind of funny- what with the “I learned some, erm, secrets about her, and things got rather…complicated.” comment. Also, nice to see you referencing more stuff from the Hellsing canon (the combat adventures of fourteen-year-old Walter an Girly-card, I mean).

And then another Edward being gay crack quickly follows. Another nice touch since it keeps one of your running gags going... and, of course, if any of the 'god guys' on that Island are to be poked fun at- using gay jokes -it's GOTTA be Mr Sparkles. LoL

Okay, I know I said I was done with the kiss... but this isn't technically about the kiss... That little exchange afterwards was my favorite part of this chapter. :D

“Alucard, that was entirely inappropriate.”

“There are many more inappropriate things I could do, if that’s what pleases you.”

“We’ll get back to this later,”

“I can’t wait,”

“Not like that... I meant in terms of your punishment.”

“Like I said-”

“Oh can it, Alucard!”

And again, :D That was a very nice (and IC) IxA exchange- even don't to the little punishment comments. Very nice. d(_)b – that's a thumbs up BTW.

I've already said this in a PM; but, once again, you did a good job with Alucard ripping the ghoul monkey apart. Nice, and bloody... just as it should've been. :)

That was kind of interesting with the Twilighters and the “Vampyroteuthis”. Haha! Leave it to THEM to get beaten by a bunch of fishies. :P Still, those squids were kind of neat. So neat, in fact, that I even tried copying, pasting and removing the spaces from your web address at the bottom of the page. Alas, it didn't work. :(

Um... I think maybe should should get rid of the vials of dirt from their homeland line- where the Hellsing vampires are trapped in the boat. Since they weren't mentioned at any previous point it just seems kind of odd. I mean you had Alucard in a boat once already, and I don't remember any mention of the vials. Maybe just cut that line out. Also, while the mention of Alucard's familiars is nice and the over a million statement is technically accurate, I think “millions” might be better- He has the power of millions of souls literally at his command. But this is a small nitpick.

So, anyway... VERY good chapter. Exciting, funny, interesting, with a few plot twists and quite IC (IMO). You did very well on this chapter. In fact, I think it's now my favorite one to date. :) And I'm really looking forward to the next.

Have a good day, and God bless.

Metropolis Kid.

PS. I doubt I need to tell you this, but... I'm voting for Edward. Mr Sparkles just has to go. ;)
fallen monkey chapter 10 . 8/8/2009
As the Vampires prepare for war, so, it seems, do I in this world of reviews, as, for as infrequently as I post commentary, there's always one particular reviewer who fans my flames.

I won't name names (or pseudonyms, rather), but...

Problem 1 with one particular review: With the momentum this story has had from the getgo, every tale needs its time to slow down a bit, reflect, and recoup before charging forth again. It's like the making of a classic mix tape (to play it old school...there was nothing like stopping and starting a Memorex cassette tape to do this!) a la John Cusack's monologue in High Fidelity: You start on the upswing with an engaging tune, but those need to be balanced out with the slower, melancholic kind. And before it can get too sappy or depressing, ramp it back up with a feel-good beat. This is a marathon, not a sprint after all; in the Tour de France, the riders don't speed-race through the entire leg of their journey, instead alternating bursts of speed to maintain their positions. By Chapter 10, LiLa is entitled to a period of relative inactivity in these characters. If they rationalize themselves into paralysis, so what? They're smart, they think ahead based on a tremendous number of years of life-or should I say "undead"?-experience. Chapter 9 was actually titled as "The One You Won't See Coming." Well, neither did the characters expect this turn of events that has occurred in their story realm, and I think their inaction appropriately reflects their "What the F-" reactions. They've been thinking and strategizing and scheming to the brink this entire game, so when it becomes more than a mere televised competition with more at stake, they need to take more time with this, regroup. The Hellsing gang might know what they're facing, but this is new for the Cullens to wrap their brains around. I find it impossible how LiLa is supposed to maintain the "fun" and "joie de vive" of her previous chapters in the circumstances these characters now face, and she shouldn't have to steer clear of plotlines like this just to avoid the risk of losing such. She's keeping it dynamic, bringing in some heaviness to make that inevitable return to the joy she naturally infuses into her writing that much more euphoric for us, her readers (I personally still see it in the irreverent wit that persists: "It was a nice move, but the in-air flip was overkill," "Jeff grins with the satisfaction that comes with job security,"...Ha! You slay me, LiLa). You have to face adversity to truly appreciate the thrill of life when it's good. It's no different for life in story worlds. This is not the stuff of catering to the preferences of others; I suspect this is all part of an intelligently, intricately conceived plan that the head-strong lioness has already established regardless of what reviews and poll votes yield-that kitten has claws of her own.
marora chapter 10 . 8/4/2009
Hmm... why does Alucard hate Rosalie so much? She seems more like she'd be a source of amusement rather than something to truly despise. I thought he only saved hatred for those who insulted Integra?
MyHeartIsObsidian chapter 6 . 8/1/2009
Good evening

First of all, when Seras awoke was a really touching moment *clutches heart*