Reviews for An Old Man's Meddling...
NeonRainbowNova chapter 8 . 8/7
I adore this story. Snape is brilliant! But...where's the ending?
marthapreston4 chapter 2 . 8/2
Why in the heck didnt dumbles ask why the owl wouldnt be safe that should have been a red flag
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 5/4
"For the first time since the summer had begun, Severus Snape had no idea in hell what he was going to do." That's rather hopeful for Snape, because it suggests an open mind ... and maybe an open heart.

I realize the answer is probably no, as it has been thirteen years since you last updated ... But do you think you will ever finish the story? Just wondering, as it is quite interesting. :)
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 5/4
Sometimes I think Harry could make peace - or at least a truce - with Snape if not for Ron. I believe Harry is influenced by Ron because he was Harry's first friend, and Harry fears upsetting him. He is more open to reason and willing to forgive, though, than Ron is. This will become a problem soon, I think, because I'm guessing Snape is really the only one able to keep Harry safe at this point. If Ron keeps picking at this "scab," he will either cause a rift between himself and Harry, or he will endanger Harry by making him suspicious of Snape. Neither situation is helpful to Harry.

So ... Harry has seen Snape's Mark. Will this end any possibility of cooperation between them?
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 5/4
I completely agree with the chapter title. The whole idea of "fusing" various species is rather terrifying. Is Voldemort able to do such things? Is he still in his wraith form, or has he acquired a helper? I'm curious ... aren't the Weasleys and Grangers in danger, too?

Okay ... This is also the summer that Sirius escapes from Azkaban. Are the Weasleys still going to Egypt? If not, then perhaps Sirius won't feel the need to break out and beat it to Hogwarts ... unless something about Harry's attack leaks into the Prophet. It will be interesting to see how you bring in these elements.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 5/4
I take it this "creature" is some sort of incarnation of Voldemort ... or at least a "messenger" of sorts from him. I'm surprised Snape wouldn't know what it was. I wonder if his Dark Mark was also flaring, since Harry's scar had been bugging him, as well.

I hope these two can come to an understanding - rather, Snape needs to come to his senses. He has no sense of proportion where Harry is concerned ... just blind hatred. I'm glad, though, that he didn't allow it to keep him from saving Harry.

I wonder if Snape realizes that most of the weird "fixes" Harry gets into each year are really (in my opinion, at least) orchestrated by Dumbledore. I honestly don't think Harry really intends to get into so many life-and-death situations; I believe he is "aimed at" most of them by Dumbledore, who drops little "clues" along the way, to keep Harry on track for whatever he is supposed to confront or battle at the end of each year. JM2K, of course. I'm sure Snape wouldn't agree.
ban-chan100 chapter 8 . 3/10
Don't leave the story...great story I read more in the near future. Thank you I loved it so far, sev's my favoute :D thank you
marthapreston4 chapter 1 . 1/12
What kind of adult would leave a kid in a cupboards if that was my best friends kid I beat anyone who tried to stop me
Lillian snape chapter 8 . 10/26/2014
Great so far hope it's not the end
Lillian snape chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
Only just started reading this story. I thought you should know that Hedwig is a female owl!
A confused guy chapter 8 . 4/26/2014
Okay, so I just finished reading this. And it is 2014... this was updated in 2001?! DUDE! You said you would stick with it to the very end! I love this fiction so much... and you had to go and abandon it thirteen years ago. Are you, like, dead or something?
Amarenima Redwood chapter 8 . 2/24/2014
You'd better update! :D. Great chapter!
rowenasheir chapter 2 . 1/22/2014
A hit to the jaw would have broken it. Will this story be completed?
OddestOTPsAlways chapter 8 . 10/22/2013
Did you ever write more of this story? Will you? It's fascinating and has very unique elements.
Killing perfection's lover chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Oh shit...o.O Snape just watched all that happen, and STILL Left. Kinda messed up but I guess Snape will help Harry in some way.