Reviews for Daddy's Work
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 3/30/2018
nice :)
TT chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Poor Don, trying desperately to make sure his son understands his job and all the kid gets is "Daddy carries a gun . . COOL!" haha. good job
Rinne chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Perfect. Great kid speak, fantastic conversation and I loved the playfulness at the end.
SeeKayWrite chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
very cute! *favorites*
Jelsemium chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Ha ha ha! I love it!
Patty chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Sweet as can be. I love these little "married with

children" stories.

I noticed the multiple names, apparently children's

names. Are we to assume they're all little Eppes?

:D And another one may soon be on the way.
epalladino chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Perfect. I can just see this happening. Thanks, Beth
loozy chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
You could probably write about the two of them reading the phone book and it would be so utterly beautiful that I would love it anyways ;)

Please, please, please write more of Don/ Robin... I love how you write them and it's just... Oh yay, I love it :)
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Trillium, as usual, you have the knack of making me smile. I love the way you portray the relationship between Don and Robin, whether canon or strictly AU.

And talking of canon - any of the scenes where we've seen Don actually interact with a child on-screen have been heart-warming with a real mush factor. I really hope they have this thing last with Robin because he'd make a pretty good dad.
Liv Lemon chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Wait- who's danny? Anyway, it was cute. I
Izhilzha chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
That's sweet. Don really is Alan's son, even if it doesn't always show. And leave it to Don to worry that his son thinks he's invincible-all kids think that about their parents. :)
mjels chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
love it very sweet
Mel J1701 chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
This was an adorable story exploring the idea of Don having a child (often it is Charlie who is portrayed as being married and having children while Don remains single or both brothers have families so it's nice to see a story focus on Don having a family). It was a nice touch to leave the position of who is his wife open to the reader's individual speculation.

I loved the portrayal of wee Josh and Don, unsuccessfully, trying to educate him on guns in his job. Kids do find guns cool and poor Don is not going to change Josh's mind on that! I also enjoyed Josh's dubious reaction regarding Don trying to convince him that Charlie and Alan are cool too.

I would love to see more about Don and Josh in another story.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
I tried once to convince my four year old that even though he had a Superman cape on it didn't mean he could fly. I never did convince him - luckily he didn't test it out.

I loved this story. Sometimes, as a parent, the hardest thing to face is your child's image of you. Don Eppes fought a valiant fight, but like Robin said, "Cut yourself some slack. He's only four." Perfect.

Josh snuggling into Daddy's chest was so sweet - but Mommy unbuttoning Daddy's shirt was even better.

A very enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing it with us.

BTW; congrats on the nominations and good luck in the Numb3rs awards