Reviews for Full Moon and Empty Arms
a fan chapter 1 . 8/24/2002
Sweet sadness. "Tonight and from now on it again belonged to Max." What a great thought to have Logan relinquish the Needle for Max. A small attempt maybe to bring things back to how they once were. "Soothing warmth wrapped around her, like the arms of a lover" What a beautiful way to describe Max and Logan's enduring soul to soul connection despite the physical barriers that drive them apart. "And so they sat, together, yet so far apart as the moon and the stars watched over them both, blinking out, one by one and the final notes faded into the night." You have a beautiful way with words.
Trice chapter 1 . 4/8/2002
Romantic, sweet, oh, just incredible balm for any tortured soul.
bk11 chapter 1 . 12/16/2001
Hi! Unfortunately I didn't have a recording of the symphony hand, but the story was just as good without it. Once again, I love the way your writing flows so smoothly. The words just float and they keep a nice steady rhythm.
bb chapter 1 . 12/11/2001
this made me cry and only a few hasmad me cry so u knw this is a good fic write more soon
lareinemargot chapter 1 . 12/11/2001
really good job!

Really really good job- prose is good, and the characters are great- sweet job.

Pol
Amy Lock chapter 1 . 12/11/2001
Well, if it was emotion you wanted, then you sure as heck got it. This was absolutly beautiful. I have tears in my eyes! You're right, Designate This did lack the normal emotion put into Da, and so I'm very glad that you took it upon yourself to write this story. I agree with Max in 'Gill Girl', I much perfer the happy endings. Even though we know that it may be awhile, as long as they are willing, they will find a way. I loved your portrayal of both characters, and how you brought classical music into it. The line "without him, she truly was all they had tried to make her...a machine". That left a lump in my throat! And you're right, that's the difference between so many of Max's siblings and herself. I noticed that in Tinga as well, she was so much more happy than the other X5's seemed to be. Even if it meant exposure, she had a life that the others deprived themselves of for safety reasons. Thanks so much, you did a wonderful job.
Carolyn8 chapter 1 . 12/11/2001
Your writing is as lilting and beautiful as the music of Rachmaninov that I love so much. Your words just seem to flow. And you have that wonderful talent for description that reminds me of my favorite professional authors. It's so good to read you again. I adore your work. I will try and be patient for "New World..Old Ghosts" but it's not easy! But I can understand with your attention to detail that it takes you a little longer, and I so appreciate quality in what a writer produces as opposed to how quickly they can turn it out. This fic is beautifully written. You find a way to portray what's in Max and Logan's minds so well. I loved it!
catherder chapter 1 . 12/11/2001
Lovely. Very much in keeping with the characters. I'm familiar with the music, as well as the pop song taken from it (whence comes the title of this piece), and you have done a good job of tying the music into their feelings and thoughts. Well done.
Ciderbreak chapter 1 . 12/11/2001
Slow, beautiful. An excellent read!