Reviews for days were slipping past
Lui Kaonashi chapter 12 . 5/9
This was pure agony. I simply don't know what else to say.
sandramon chapter 12 . 4/23
It was on point. The turn of events were really grim and beautiful at times. You constructed it very well. One of my favorite fics ever
ThinkGirl chapter 12 . 8/7/2016
I read this fanfic, and the entire time, I'm thinking, it all just seems so wrong, but the emotions are beautiful, the writing is beautiful, the story is beautiful and I just couldn't stop.
Words of Sand chapter 12 . 7/14/2016
Can I just say... that this is by far my favorite Jalex fanfiction I've read. You're writing style is amazing. I loved the back and forth time line you had between the timeskips. I love the way it slowly added bits and pieces, building up their relationship in a way that just had you at the end of your seat making you wonder at what point everything fell apart, making the reader(or at least me) both happy at all the fluffy moments, yet sad at the pain that both went through.

It was just so realistic, you portrayed and laid out everything so beautifully and it got to the point when I seriously thought that they were going to have the ending I wanted the least, but at the same time that would have been okay because it just FIT, regardless of the ending you chose, it would have been beautiful and tragic and RIGHT even if it felt wrong(and broke my heart 10 times over).

Ugh this fic just made my day better than it already was. I also ended up listening to the song by Michael Buble and ended up listening to like 5 others by him... majorly considering buying his album because I really love his songs and the lyrics and messages behind them. Thank you so much! I hope you're still writing because your talent is amazing :)
lepylil chapter 12 . 2/14/2016
I'm... speechless. This is amazing. How have I not read this before now? By far, the BEST Jalex fic I've ever read. In fact, maybe even the best fanfic I've ever read... period. I made a playlist for this story, because I'm a dork, and I also made a painting (okay, it was an assignment for my artclass, but all the inspiration came from this story, and I listened to the playlist while I painted).
Guest chapter 12 . 1/19/2016
Amazing and by far one of the best stories I've ever read. Period. The switching between past and present is brilliant. The drama and heartbreak made me want to scream and sob (that'd wake everybody up though hehehe). Alex's indecisive and Justin's determination mixed with doubt is exactly like the two of them in canon WOWP. This story is very well-written and I really enjoyed it all, even the end of Chapter 11, which practically broke my heart. Poor Justin! I was praying through the whole final chapter that the ending would be happy, and it was, so thank you! Well I'm ranting now, I'm gonna stop :D
artilyon-rand chapter 12 . 11/2/2015
Lucyole chapter 12 . 5/14/2015
that was an amazing sweet story full of drama and emtions really good and i listen to the song its really good and fits. *cookies for you*
demigoddesses chapter 12 . 12/22/2014
/cries forever/
Everything about this fic was perfect - the angst, the buildup, all the tension and the Jalex and the beautiful ending and when did I become this blubbering shipper how did you do this to me
Ducky chapter 12 . 12/7/2014
That was the most depressing fic I have ever, ever, ever read. I legit cried when he threw that ring in the ocean.

WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LET THEM BE HAPPY THE FIRST TIME?!

YOU SUCK.

(Okay, no, you don't. You're beautiful and wonderful and even though this fic HURT ME, I still loved it. But I kind of hate you for just NOT LETTING THEM BE HAPPY.)
TheRhythmOfLove chapter 12 . 6/17/2013
Listened to Lost the entire read :) I read half of this fic before, but sadly never finished it until now. Oh I love this fic so much. Probably THE best and most realistic Jalex fic there is. Congratulations on an outstanding story :) But, how did Justin marry three women when he still had powers? Just wondering. Great fic, and the song is amazing ,too :)
TheRhythmOfLove chapter 4 . 6/16/2013
This is quite an exceptional fanfiction :) haha I just love it so much!
kairitheseventhprincessofheart chapter 12 . 4/13/2013
Gorgeous and realistic... What a gem.
starry eyed dreamers chapter 12 . 2/20/2013
Wow! I think you got every character very in character and I loved how you skipped timeframes. I only ship incest for Jalex, and you made it work very well!
Jack's Shadow chapter 12 . 1/26/2013
Wow, wow, wow.

This is some of the most emotional writing I've ever seen; every twist in their relationship takes my breath away, and the whole story is permeated by a choking fog of guilt and need and loss that's hard to stomach. The emotion here is so strong I cannot read this in company; every mention of the St. Christopher medal or of the person Alex is/was/has become is words themselves are heavy and memorable, and certain bits here and there will stay with me.

You have my highest praise for realism here. This story does not ignore the ramifications of this relationship - the disgust, the pain, the forgiveness, the shame intertwined with regret, so much shoved into a dark corner they try (and fail) to forget. The happy ending is bittersweet, since the tragedy of Justin and Alex is that they cannot have everything. They can lead hollow lives alone, forgiven but suffering, or give up everything else for each other. I wonder if Max will ever speak to them again. If they'll ever try to.

The frequent mentions of religion caught my eye - Alex's faithful attendence at church with rosary beads on her dresser, and Justin hating every that he is, wanting forgiveness while convinced he doesn't deserve any. The frequent mentions of God make that last, tiny one at the end hit all the harder. Even as I know they cannot be apart and want them to be happy, there is and should be a acknowlegement that this should not be, it is the highest of sins and their decision is explicitly not the right one, just the only one.

Thanks for the stunning fic.