Reviews for Subtraction
mcfuz chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
MY FEELS.
Sweet Minaa chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Aww poor Teddy! D:

I've always felt so bad for him, never knowing his parents just like Harry. Atleast he has his grandma, though...and the entire Weasley-Potter clan. ;)
thenewkait chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
This was great! I love how you wrote a young Teddy instead of the Teddy that we are all use to now! Great job!

~thenewkait
bigger infinities chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
This one brought some tears to my eyes. I never really considered what it would be like for poor Teddy. I was mostly just sad because they died... but this brought into light just how hard Teddy's life would probably be. I mean, he's three and he knows something is wrong. I can only imagine what he would feel when he's older and he learns that his parents were dead.

You have a very neat writing style. I think I may be hooked. :D You're able to express a lot of emotion so little words, and I think that's very important in an author. Very good job.

~Icelyn
NickyFox13 chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Teddy's innocence that surrounds his thoughts makes his parents deaths seem all the more heartbreaking. I liked how you characterized Andromeda as caring and loving towards Teddy (it would make sense, since she's his grandmother and all) and Teddy seeing Andromeda's sadness over Remus and Tonk's death makes the feelings all the more emotional.

Basically: great job of getting such intense emotion across in such a short, brilliantly written piece. I'm not very eloquent, haha.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
This was a lovely written piece. The writing style fit the three-year old's perspective perfectly, and everything you're referring to is crystal clear, even without using Lupin's and Tonk's names. The idea that Andromeda also has many pictures of her daughter and son-in-law also seems realistic. Good job!
Mottsnave chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
A very touching story from an unusual viewpoint. Lovely!
hiddlestons chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Amazing. Simply amazing. I reread over and over again, and each time, I was left with chills and a haunting feeling. This is seriously one of the best stories of Teddy that I've read. I love how the story is hinting at what might be the answer, but just as we think we know, we don't.

Fantastic, and extremely well written. I'm looking forward to reading more by you. :)

-ESSie
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Really good insight into how a tiny child would try to process something he knows is wrong but doesn't know how or why it is. You really make us feel both his confusion and Andromeda's sadness in this.
Cerulean City chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
First I have to say that this is sooooo cute. I can just imagine poor little Teddy crawling around, wondering where his parents are. The pain the little boy goes through! Terribly wrenching. Fantastic little piece, love.

You really should write more!

~Blakey-boy
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Oh, gosh, this is fantastic. It was SO heartbreaking to see what Andromeda's going through through Teddy's uncomprehending eyes-he's so innocent, and it's just so sad to know that he's going to realize what death is and start to understand "the people in the pictures" one day and know that there's no way to protect him from that. This is a wonderfully creative look at Remus and Tonks's deaths and Teddy's upbringing without them-excellent work.
Wendy Brune chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Awh! What a good choice for Story of the Week! I think you captured Teddy's childlike innocence so well here. I really like the whole idea of "two Nanas." The ending was /so/ wonderfully done. I really like what you're implying, and I think it's better that you hint at their presence rather than simply telling us. It works beautifully.

I feel, however, that at aged three, Teddy would be able to walk, and he'd probably recognize what tears are. Overall, though, this definitely did not detract from the story in any way, shape, or form!

Great job! I thoroughly enjoyed this piece!
SiriuslyPeeved chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
This was very sweet and gives a believable way that a 3-year-old would try to process his parents' absence. I suggest that a 3-year-old would recognize an adult's tears, even if he would not necessarily know why the adult was crying, but I liked the way you wrote it just the way it is. Lovely little piece.
eatpandas.rawr chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Your story is so haunting and precious. I really admire the way you wrote his overall point of view/feelings. Really awesome writing.
wandering endlessly chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
This is really good, in a heartbreaking way :( And it definitely deserves more than 8 reviews. I liked the way that Teddy is oblivious to the truth, it adds to it.