Reviews for As the Lights Go Down
xtheunforgotten chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
It's beautiful.

All the words you chose.

How you explained everything.

It's perfect.

Simply amazing and indescribable. (:
bROOdybLOndEs-TLA chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
awe so good.

i love your lp writings!
truelovepooh chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
That was just...GOOD.
moodysuburbanteenagelovesong chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
There are so many moments in this where I was just struck speechless by the beauty of your words.

"It was that perfect moment. It was like soft summer rain on the warmest day, when you tilt your head back and think that these are the few precious seconds in which it’s just never going to get any better. Her head fell against his shoulder, eyes fluttering shut, and it was the crash of thunder, the dangerous flash of lightning across the once-perfect sky." and like all of vii are just two of my favorites though pretty much each line of this had me in awe. Just like so fluid and artful and beautiful it makes me want to cry. You have such an amazing talent and this was phenomonal.
smc-27 chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Amazing. I was away all weekend on business, and I read this, and the sequel at midnight last night. I was too exhausted to form a coherent review.

This was beautiful and just so, so perfect. They just need each other. I don't even know what to say. Maybe I still can't form a coherent review. I have too many favourite parts to list.

But, when he unzips her sweater to put his hand over her heart...That was somehow the sexiest thing I have read in a long time. No joke. Just so...sweet, but still hot.
ficwriter4 chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
that was beautiful and I absolutely loved it.
nmufti87 chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
This was so beautiful that I don't have anything else to say except that it was so beautiful. It was heart-breaking & it even made my heart soar for the love they had for each other. So broken & so right for each other. The desperation, the pain, the love that was etched within their beings was so amazing. I simply loved it. I wasn't expecting Lucas giving Peyton a ring in the end, so it was surprise, but one that I loved nonetheless. It was simply beautiful. The following part of the story was my favourite:

“You and me,” she whispers lowly, but her voice is clear in his ears. “It’s always going to be there.”

And the writing that followed these sentences. Lucas's realisation. Him knowing that she was the one. Him moving her towards him and then telling her the following words:

“Always,” he agrees quietly. “It’s always been you.”

It was simply amazing. There were so many moments in this one-shot that I loved, but the one's I've written above were my favourite. Absolutely loved it. And can't wait for more of your updates.
sicklittlesuicide chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
This was completely freaking cute.

"It’s an agonizing thirteen seconds that he waits for a reply, one second for each year he’s loved her"

That was completely beautiful. And that is just one line. Ahh. Great.
lovely35 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
interesting oneshot
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
this was breathtakingly beautiful. i loved it so much. the metaphor of the thunderstorm was so fitting and so utterly wonderful, and your descriptive imagery is absolutely life-changing. i LOVED the entire story, but i did have some favorite parts:

“Maybe…I could wear it…just for today?” She offers up her most adorable smile.

omfg! this was so cute and so...peyton! i loved that entire part, with lucas just wanting her to know he's gonna marry her someday and her not shying away. so beautiful!

She could remind him that there’s still something to live for.

aww. so utterly lucas.

It’s standing in a seedy bar on a school night because they don’t care about logarithms and iambic pentameter anymore, it’s her lips on his eyelids, it’s his fingers on her hipbones, it’s her trying to get him to forgive himself, it’s the question in her eyes, it’s wishing that he hadn’t saved her, and it’s the knowledge that he had to.

i loved that entire part, the summary of their relationship, but that line was utterly wonderful. (as you've probably noticed, i say utterly a lot :)

She smirks at him knowingly as they stand close, the occasional raindrop falling between them. She catches one on her tongue and licks her lips in a way he finds enticing.

“Did you find it?” she asks. “Do you feel it?”

He looks at her, at his girl, at his forever, at everything he’s ever wanted. He smiles back and says sincerely, “Yeah. I did. I do.”

She smiles brightly as lightning flashes overhead.

AMAZING

also, loved the song choice and the story title.

sorry for the long review, but i had to say all that. i loved this oneshot and thought it was so wonderfully original. BEAUTIFUL :)
yaba chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
omg you are one of the most intense and amazing leyton writers I have ever encountered, also very prolific lol! I think this one shot, despite being really long seemed to go by so quickly because you kept the reader on their toes, I kept waiting for somethin to happen, to see how their relationship unfolds, i loved the metaphor of a thunderstorm and how intimate their first time was, it was all very leyton like, very much like their characters, which is awesome, and i just loved your language and song choice, amazing story :)

Yana
WhoKnows909 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
That was a brilliant one-shot :D I loved it... I loved the emotion and the LP interaction. And I really liked the bit where Peyton talked about rain and thunderstorms and how they're romantic because of their imperfections... Very poetic :D
LEYTONALWAYS chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
That was amazing, I loved it. Best 3:16 I readied in a while. Great job.
lukenpeyton-puckleberry-4ever chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
omg, that was one of the best oneshots that i have ever read. it was romantic, angst, and passionate. i would love for you to continue this. update soon or i can't wait to read your next story.
leyton-is-lovee chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
This was absolutely beautiful - heartbreakingly beautiful. Them at the bar was fantastic and then the whole use of rain just made everything that much more amazing. I love that they kept some banter between them. I honestly loved every single thing about this.

Can't wait to see more from you!