Reviews for Live the Questions
Laura Dugan chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
"Even though he was alone in the church, some deep childhood fear demanded his absolute stealth and silence—the fear he had as a boy that if he were too loud in church, the Virgin Mary herself might descend upon him and smack his wrist with a ruler for disrespecting the sanctity of God’s house."

I am not particularly religious, but I was raised Catholic and still go to Christmas mass. I can recall a scant two years ago, when I was 25 and my sister 31, at Christmas services, giggling, and my mom going, "Am I going to have to separate you two?" Ah, some things never change.
CupcakeBean chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
This was fantastic! Your characterization for both Booth and Brennan was spot-on. You captured the essence of their religious differences perfectly and I love Booth's suggestion to help Brennan "figure it out". Excellent writing! :)
Rose Aarac chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Love it! Great job!
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
That was awesome!

And your really hit the nail on the head when you had Booth tell her that she would never understand Christianity or religion if she were to try and view it the way that she planned.

I've met people who attempted to reason themselves into Christianity or began approaching it by asking the hard, unanswerable questions and all I could tell them is that I could give them answers if they wanted, but Christianity as a whole wouldn't make sense to them if they were going to maintain such an analytical approach.

Excellent job!

Leah

p.s. and yes, I am going to answer your question, I just want to do it when I have time to give you a well formulated response.
duskbutterfly chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
One of the things I love about bones is it's unashamed pitting of Atheist against Catholic and the sparks it creates. You've captured it really beautifully here, another awesome story!
HawkAngel XD chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
what Booth is saying to her is true... great work...

HawkAngel
mendenbar chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Wonderful. Booth and I are RC and I understand where he is coming from. My oldest is essentially an agnostic (she used to claim to be an atheist, but she couldn't disprove the existence of God so she decided to admit His possibility) and we have agreed to disagree. Faith is believing something for which there is no concrete proof (like that my youngest will leave the last piece of pie for his father.) Very, very nice story.
a2zmom chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
I liked it, you caught the characters very well. And Booth is right, she'll never understand religion because she doesn't understand the notion of blind faith.
crazycamera chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
this was great, you captured them nicely!
Ashley055 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Cute. Nice little one-shot. Even though it occurs so often, I can't seem to not completely love their religion banter every single time. Thanks for writing!
lizook chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
You paint such a vibrant picture here. It's easy to *feel* the sense Booth gets as he settles into the pew, starts to pray. And, as usual, you have their words and the meanings behind them spot on.

"“I didn’t say you were out of touch with reality,” she defended. “I just said that religion is a tool utilized by humans to make sense of uncontrollable situations.”

“Whatever. Either way, the way you’ve got it figured out in your head, you’ll never understand it.”"

It would be easy here for him to bite back at her, argue that it was indeed what she meant, but instead, as Booth would, he just tries to explain more fully why she won't get it.

Also, the end is pretty much perfect. Her puzzlement at Booth's suggestion and his attempt to push her in the direction of loosening the reigns on science a bit works so well.

Another fantastic shot, hun! :)
MadeOfStars chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
You are on a roll these days... I feel spoiled! I really enjoyed this one. I think the piece captured the sentiment well and I love the quotations at the start. That fits for me too.
goldpiece chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
You know, you really shouldn't end this story here. Just my opinion, but I would love to see Brennan have to face something that she really does have no explanation for. You know, something that science can't help her out with. At any rate, I totally agree with Booth's explanation about why she will never understand religion. I liked this one shot and as always look forward to more from you.

Melissa
csimesser1 chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
that was good loved it
Delilah Song chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
I loved it. The Booth and Bones interaction was dead on, and I liked the responses :3