Reviews for Never Let You Go
LiveLoveLaughLife chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Oh, my heart. I'm pretty sure it just shattered like the sake bottle Tsunade threw against the wall. :( This was so touching and I have to admit I'm tearing up. It's tragic how she never told him and now will never get to. Ugh. Beautiful story, though. I think it represented Tsunade's emotions perfectly. :)
yglj chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Oh, what to say that hasn't already been said...? *sniffles*

(Intercom: We have another crier, people. All tissue-boxes in the vicinity to YGLJ's room.)

I think I could swim in my own tears.

On the actual story, though-extremely well-written, and very poignant. The descriptions of Tsunade's grief were all so down-to-Earth, and the flashbacks to earlier days were not solely focused on Jiraiya and Tsunade, but held the elements of the whole team, including Orochimaru.

I love the contrast between humor and sadness in this fic, especially-how the flashes range from stealing underwear to the inevitable 'just say it.'

As I said before, great, *great* Tsunade fic, and I look forward to reading more of your work. -
Shadows-Dancing-In-The-Hall chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Beautiful! And wonderfully sad! Made me cry Dx but great job
SammyQuill chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Beautifully written, Hime-chan. I remember feeling like something inside me was dying when Jiraiya died and Tsunade didn't. It seemed to unfair to separate those two... And I love all the sannin flashbacks, they add to the bittersweet tone of the fic. *sniffles*
MonkShadow chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Very well written Contessa...

You brought tears to this old baka's eyes...
Crimson Sakura Princess chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Aww, this story really got to me. It was so touching, Tsunade's pain is clearly descripted through this ficlet. When I read this, I was saying to myself, 'I never knew she hurt that badly'. Wow, you did a great job with this.

~Crimson Sakura Princess~
monkeerangerfan chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
this was great and sad.
AudreyPuppy chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Why, oh why, must Kishi kill the GOOD characters? D: Though I am current on the manga, I stopped watching the anime just before they got to Asuma's death because I didn't want to see it. JUST as I was considering giving the anime another go, Jiraiya was killed off in the manga. I don't know if I'll ever watch the anime again! It's going to kill me!

That aside! I really loved this. Poor Tsunade! I wish they'd devoted a little more time to her in the manga getting and dealing with this news. I've always imagined that Orochimaru's turning against Konoha must have been hard for Tsunade and Jiraiya and made them at least a little closer in some fashion. To lose Jiraiya HAS to hit her hard. After all the other losses she's gone through, and then to lose Jiraiya without ever having REALLY addressed their relationship beyond a friendship.

I love the particular memories you decided to go with here. They touch upon the different facets of their relationship very nicely. Especially the second one.
Bluishorbs chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Lovely oneshot! :)
Jeymi chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
Contessa-Hime you have me going through Kleenex like its going out of style. Good story!
lovesrainscent chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
This was so well written, I could really feel Tsunade's pain in all this.

Loved the various flashbacks.

My favorite line was:

"Then just say it...Tsunade," he said, so softly she barely heard it, "Just...say it...say it and I won't go."

Really, can we just protest against Kishi or something? What was he THINKING? Why didn't he just name the series "Jiraiya!" and do it the way WE want it?

I am drowning in my tears.
Inazukagirl113 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
aww so cute but so sad you got them both perfectlly
White Eye Lover chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
It was almost too sad at the end, i choked up a little almost. I like the line how she was going to drown him for stealing her private clothing, but i really wouldent put it past him.

Please never stop writing like this.

Cant wait for the next story to come out.

Shan-Chan