Reviews for The Day The Earth Stood Still
hannaha11104 chapter 42 . 9/23
Hoping so very much that this may get finished one day I think this may be the second or third time reading this story. I so very much love this story and appreciate you putting it out for all of us to enjoy. I just get so immured in the story that I don’t want to stop reading but I do have to sleep and have 3 girls to take care of. This story is awesome and I still hope someday that it will be complete.
Melissa
Joy chapter 8 . 9/4
OMG! IS IT JUST ME OR IS IT HOT IN HERE? No but really, you are an AMAZING author. You make it so realistic because they are in fact teens. I also love how you twisted it so that he may read her mind. I love reading your stories.
umrmet chapter 43 . 8/16
Wow what can I say. I absolutely love what you've done with this world. Anxious though. Afraid you've stopped for some reason. This world you've created is neck and neck for me with what jmolly built. I love it when a FanFiction writer really takes the care to build out these wonderful characters and also go their own way. Thank you for that. I hope all is going well in real life and also selfishly hope that you'll get to continue the journey here soon as well. I haven't read any reviews and I probably won't but I sincerely hope the haters out there have left you alone. I'm pretty sure I'll be checking you out on amazon. Best wishes in all your endeavors.
Oh my GOODNESS! don't we wish WE had an ALICE to keep us from screwing up our most important personal relationships! Don't you imagine Jasper going into "Danger, Danger Will Robinson!" mode?
"fewer" people that know; not "less" -with as many degrees as Edward has, this grammatical distinction would be natural to him. the rule is, if you can COUNT something, you use "fewer" or "many"; if you can't quantify something numerically, you use "less" or some variation of "much".
for instance: We had fewer inches {you can COUNT inches} of snow this year.
We had less snow {you can't count SNOW} this year. sorry if I'm anal.
Brava, Bella! call that stinker out in front of his peers and let him sweat! He will always have an asterisk of doubt beside his name in their minds regarding his veracity. Similar to the boy crying Wolf (oh, the sweet irony!), unless he mends his ways, he will find out that the consequences of his actions do have TEETH!
Love Edward's Rant. he is correct for all the reasons he pointed out. Especially like the dig at Canon. Really, Canon-Edward was so DAMN EMO! Wah, wah, wah, woe is ME. I'm soooooooo bad, but sometimes I like fanfiction BETTER than Canon. I like your Edward much better than most. In Vampire/Human Twilight fanfiction, I typically lean more Team Jasper-much more. Your Edward is SO much more pragmatic than Canon Edward! There's Danger-eliminate it. There are obstacles-go around 'em, go thru 'em.
I LOVE Charlie Swan. Pragmatic down to his bones; knowing that if Edward and Co. haven't hurt Bella by NOW, they wouldn't in future. Hasn't connected the dots yet to comprehend Bella's coming change, but he will in time. I feel like this is a man who EMBRACES the Serenity Prayer and lives it!
The obvious answer to question Twinkie (ummm, THERE is an idea for fanfiction: "Kinky Twinkie Twilight"!) is that Edward will impale said twinkie on his massive erection (really, you fanfiction writers are making it difficult for us readers to be satisfied with our mortal menfolk!) and Bella will consume both the twinkie as well as Edward. I can see him grinding up vitamins and injecting them into the twinkie first as a way to remedy any nutrient deficiency, seeing as he doesn't think she eats enough.
I love that Edward is THINKING! Thinking about the reasons/motivations for Bella's behavior and not invalidating her emotions as PMS induced. She would still have had the same reactions to "surprises" and engagement rings, but might not have been on such a Hair-trigger.
Your Jacob is really cool. and I BELIEVE in his 15-year-old-ness, in a way I haven't before. I'm glad he knows Bella is 'off the market" from the get go, rather than pining for someone he won't get.
This is like the lady and the Tiger! especially as you have not updated. but really the car thing is just a niggling nuisance. the high points have been covered. Would have been nice to know if the Volturi ever came a-callin' and if the older generation of Quiliutes ever came over from the dark side.
I love your writing. that said do you feel conflicted writing about an unmarried minor engaging in sex, considering you are a professional clergyperson and do members of your congregation or your professional superiors know?
I actually heard of this processes of using scar tissue to mimic tattoos on a Plastic Surgery show, just the other day! kinda weird, huh!
I am THOUROGHLY enjoying this; this is, in fact, a second reading for me. the ONLY thing that throws me is the lack of "notice" of transition from one "subject" or "venue" to another. it is a little disconcerting for Bella and Edward to be getting it on in one paragraph, and in the next she is talking about Emmett's cooking and the need for Jacob to get his furry ass back to school in the next. Just sayin' a few "-"' or a decorative squiggle or two to mark transitions wouldn't come amiss.
5,341 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »