Reviews for The Day The Earth Stood Still
Guest chapter 9 . 18h
I love that Edward seems so receptive to the ideas planted by Bella's "dream-escapades". Going commando and so on (that position has merit!). If not for his perfect recall, he would be digging in his pocket for a small spiral notebook and pen to take notes of interesting ideas to be scavenged in his nightly visits.
Nosoulisan.Island chapter 9 . 5/18
omg that part about mione!
TRILLION chapter 43 . 5/1
So many words in this story... and NOTHING happened. A long slow happy start, middle and ending. (If you believe in hybrid/wolf imprinting)
I'm thinking the "buying steak" thing is a blooper, as in an earlier chapter, Bella thought about the steak she had taken out of the freezer to thaw. not to be picky, but "continuity" matters to me. Sue me.
Lillywhite1 chapter 43 . 3/26
You have a wonderful way with words. Thanks for writing this amazing story!
Lillywhite1 chapter 6 . 3/24
Good story, I really like to read it, fascinating storyline.
TonksLupin06 chapter 43 . 2/19
I love this story, and I really hope you finish it soon. I've been wondering for years what's going to happen next.
you can DEFINITELY do ANGST! Poor Edward, he gets so OVERWRAUGHT over EVERYTHING! Yes, he's stronger, and yes, he forgot, in his upset over Bella's refusal to see herself as he sees her, to moderate his strength, and yes, he accidentally hurt Bella. But the world did not end, and he assumed much too much rather than just freakin' ASK the chick if she hates him!
Twinkies!? OMG, is Edward planning to impale the Twinkie on his erection and have Bella EAT it while she is Eating HIM?
DRESS cargo pants!? wth? Dress pants with pockets on the legs? Gag me with a spoon, Alice!
"But certainly, this [sex, lack of sex, having sex etc] was not going to be such an issue?" Oh Edward, how NAIVE of you, and boy don't you change YOUR tune quick, fast and in a hurry! (this is the third time I've read this. hopefully I won't feel compelled to review the exact same way I did before)
lol chapter 43 . 12/24/2017
So...I might be the only reviewer who doesn't freak out over this fanfic, so I'm apologising in advance for the negativity of my review.
First of all, the good stuff: I found your idea of setting up a Twilight AU, which stays true to the canon, very interesting. And I certainty appreciate your effort to kill each of Meyer's plot points in order to avoid stupid situations and unnecessary dangers (e.g. New Moon, which I personally find quite stupid because of Edward's stubbornness blabla). So I'm glad this didn't happen in your story! And I liked how Edward was able to read Bella's mind and that she's not his singer. Furthermore, your style was cool and it is overall well written.
Now the bad stuff: (And I must emphasise that I'm not a die-hard twihard and don't complain about these things because I'm offended by their non-canon-ness (it that a word?) or whatever.)
To be honest, I found this story just plain boring because you cut out all the stupid things of the canon, but ALSO the good and suspense stuff AND did not replace them with your original good stuff! You just had them live their lives as a newly mated pair and lots of sex. There were no dangerous situations that demanded any kind of character development! I mean, canon Edward is kind of stupid sometimes, but come on, not even a bit of struggle with bloodlust or anything? And you successfully wiped out James and his coven the minute they set foot on the baseball field and, consequently, wiped out the possibility of a danger coming from Victoria. So, no Twilight ending, no New Moon, no Eclipse, and practically no Breaking Dawn because they search for the possibility of having a child in advance to prevent any kind of danger. Great. Just boring. Nothing happens at all.
So again, sorry for the harsh words, but you probably don't even care anymore because you won't be updating any time soon, or so it seems.
And if you do: please come up with challenges for the characters to develop or anything dangerous to happen!

Best wishes from Germany.
Guest chapter 34 . 12/23/2017
I probably said this before (I THINK this is the third time I've read this!), but when you "change scenes" with no segue, it is disconcerting. I had to read the "It smells like Brazil" passage a few times to figure out he was talking about neither Bella's hair NOR Brazil, but rather Florida. No segue make me tilt my head and make a confused ScoobyDoo sound in my head.
Guest chapter 30 . 12/23/2017
Loved the Edward Rant: I felt like the whole Nomad saga was just a way to draw the story out to extra books in the original. Your way was MUCH better.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/18/2017
ok, rhetorical question here, but it has bothered me before (this is my third reading of DESS!): DRESS Cargo Pants. Is there such a thing!?
5,358 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »