Reviews for The Day The Earth Stood Still
TonksLupin06 chapter 43 . 2/19
I love this story, and I really hope you finish it soon. I've been wondering for years what's going to happen next.
you can DEFINITELY do ANGST! Poor Edward, he gets so OVERWRAUGHT over EVERYTHING! Yes, he's stronger, and yes, he forgot, in his upset over Bella's refusal to see herself as he sees her, to moderate his strength, and yes, he accidentally hurt Bella. But the world did not end, and he assumed much too much rather than just freakin' ASK the chick if she hates him!
Twinkies!? OMG, is Edward planning to impale the Twinkie on his erection and have Bella EAT it while she is Eating HIM?
DRESS cargo pants!? wth? Dress pants with pockets on the legs? Gag me with a spoon, Alice!
"But certainly, this [sex, lack of sex, having sex etc] was not going to be such an issue?" Oh Edward, how NAIVE of you, and boy don't you change YOUR tune quick, fast and in a hurry! (this is the third time I've read this. hopefully I won't feel compelled to review the exact same way I did before)
lol chapter 43 . 12/24/2017
So...I might be the only reviewer who doesn't freak out over this fanfic, so I'm apologising in advance for the negativity of my review.
First of all, the good stuff: I found your idea of setting up a Twilight AU, which stays true to the canon, very interesting. And I certainty appreciate your effort to kill each of Meyer's plot points in order to avoid stupid situations and unnecessary dangers (e.g. New Moon, which I personally find quite stupid because of Edward's stubbornness blabla). So I'm glad this didn't happen in your story! And I liked how Edward was able to read Bella's mind and that she's not his singer. Furthermore, your style was cool and it is overall well written.
Now the bad stuff: (And I must emphasise that I'm not a die-hard twihard and don't complain about these things because I'm offended by their non-canon-ness (it that a word?) or whatever.)
To be honest, I found this story just plain boring because you cut out all the stupid things of the canon, but ALSO the good and suspense stuff AND did not replace them with your original good stuff! You just had them live their lives as a newly mated pair and lots of sex. There were no dangerous situations that demanded any kind of character development! I mean, canon Edward is kind of stupid sometimes, but come on, not even a bit of struggle with bloodlust or anything? And you successfully wiped out James and his coven the minute they set foot on the baseball field and, consequently, wiped out the possibility of a danger coming from Victoria. So, no Twilight ending, no New Moon, no Eclipse, and practically no Breaking Dawn because they search for the possibility of having a child in advance to prevent any kind of danger. Great. Just boring. Nothing happens at all.
So again, sorry for the harsh words, but you probably don't even care anymore because you won't be updating any time soon, or so it seems.
And if you do: please come up with challenges for the characters to develop or anything dangerous to happen!

Best wishes from Germany.
Guest chapter 34 . 12/23/2017
I probably said this before (I THINK this is the third time I've read this!), but when you "change scenes" with no segue, it is disconcerting. I had to read the "It smells like Brazil" passage a few times to figure out he was talking about neither Bella's hair NOR Brazil, but rather Florida. No segue make me tilt my head and make a confused ScoobyDoo sound in my head.
Guest chapter 30 . 12/23/2017
Loved the Edward Rant: I felt like the whole Nomad saga was just a way to draw the story out to extra books in the original. Your way was MUCH better.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/18/2017
ok, rhetorical question here, but it has bothered me before (this is my third reading of DESS!): DRESS Cargo Pants. Is there such a thing!?
FlamingMaple chapter 7 . 11/6/2017
Oh, the comic timingwe have to test the condoms tonight.” Hilarious!
Guest chapter 43 . 10/27/2017
Please write more its sooooooooo goood. Pleassssssse youre an amazing writer. :) :) :) :)
hannaha11104 chapter 42 . 9/23/2017
Hoping so very much that this may get finished one day I think this may be the second or third time reading this story. I so very much love this story and appreciate you putting it out for all of us to enjoy. I just get so immured in the story that I don’t want to stop reading but I do have to sleep and have 3 girls to take care of. This story is awesome and I still hope someday that it will be complete.
Melissa
Joy chapter 8 . 9/4/2017
OMG! IS IT JUST ME OR IS IT HOT IN HERE? No but really, you are an AMAZING author. You make it so realistic because they are in fact teens. I also love how you twisted it so that he may read her mind. I love reading your stories.
umrmet chapter 43 . 8/16/2017
Wow what can I say. I absolutely love what you've done with this world. Anxious though. Afraid you've stopped for some reason. This world you've created is neck and neck for me with what jmolly built. I love it when a FanFiction writer really takes the care to build out these wonderful characters and also go their own way. Thank you for that. I hope all is going well in real life and also selfishly hope that you'll get to continue the journey here soon as well. I haven't read any reviews and I probably won't but I sincerely hope the haters out there have left you alone. I'm pretty sure I'll be checking you out on amazon. Best wishes in all your endeavors.
Guest chapter 40 . 8/16/2017
Oh my GOODNESS! don't we wish WE had an ALICE to keep us from screwing up our most important personal relationships! Don't you imagine Jasper going into "Danger, Danger Will Robinson!" mode?
5,352 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »