Reviews for In Spirit
whitehound chapter 33 . 7/4
Pity this wasn't finished but I suppose it was a lot of work.
whitehound chapter 28 . 7/4
Yarrow is also associated with charms to determine the identity of your true love, and with the folk belief that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene:

Yarrow, sweet yarrow,
The first that I have found,
In the name of Jesus Christ
I pluck you from the ground.
As Jesus loved sweet Mary
And took her for his dear,
So in a dream this night I pray
My true love will appear.

I've never been able to trace the origin of this but it's quoted in some books of traditional recipes and spells.
whitehound chapter 24 . 7/4
I can't review the previous chapter this time around because I already did first time around, but I see now that the reason Snape's death has not been discussed in the press is because history itself doesn't know if he's alive or dead.
whitehound chapter 20 . 7/4
Just re-reading this, because I don't think I've seen the most recent chapters and I don't know where I left off.

Yes, it would take two or three weeks to walk from London to Hogwarts - although technically I suppose Hermione could Apparate to Hogwarts and then come back with a Thestral for him, which could do the job in a few hours.

This chapter contains an odd little Britpick which is almost universal in US writing about the UK because it never occurs to Americans that this is something which might be different. A kettle here is, almost invariably, an electrical device. You have a sort of docking station attached to the wall by a short lead, and then the kettle - which is usually a white plastic thing shaped like an upright jug - sits on the docking station, and it has a switch on the handle. When you switch it on an orange light comes on on the handle, and once it's boiled it switches itself off and the light goes off. Of course, it's possible Hermione's magic would interfere with it.
FeyFortchyn chapter 33 . 5/24
Hey there!

I absolutely love this story, and even though it's been a while since you've updated it, I thought I'd make you aware of my hopes for an ending regardless. ;) I started reading this several years back, and was oh-so-happy when you began updating again after the first hiatus. I'm now re-reading (thanks to nostalgia)
Mostly I just want to thank you for such a well-written beginning to a story, as well as all of the other stories you've written. A Walking Shadow being my favorite, of course. I didn't love SS/HG until I read your work. You've inspired me.

Keep writing! Hope you're doing well!
Tarsieh chapter 33 . 3/31
I've absolutely fallen in love with your story. Just the detail. Wow. Time travel fics always bored me but yours put a new twist in all that. Using cats to speak through time? How could you possibly explain that? Magic. Love that part.

And I know how busy life can get and you tell yourself that fanfiction writing isn't worth it. Wastes too much of your time. But I really enjoy your story and hundreds do, too. You have a wonderful talent. Hopefully, you'll come back and see how much we appreciate your exquisite writing.
cryskylar chapter 33 . 1/16
My gosh, such brilliant writing, had me frantically reading through each chapter onto the next, gleaming anything I could from the brilliantly written interaction between the two. Id say the fact that Im even writing this is proof to the point how amazing this is - Ive never posted a review before. Imagine my surprise/disappointment when I reached the end of chapter 33 to find no Next button! Resigning myself to a weekend of pent-up angst. But yes, thank you, I really enjoyed it (while this lasted) x
MyLovelyHorse chapter 33 . 11/21/2015
Merlin on a muffin – what an entertaining story!

You write the most sophisticated and beautiful fan fiction that I have yet to encounter, and this splash-out into humor is no exception. It takes someone with wicked intelligence and a devastating sense of humor to write Snape and Hermione properly, and boy oh boy do you pull it off.

So many unique and interesting ideas, such as using Snape-scented Amortentia to ward Hermione’s pristine collection of schoolgirl uniforms, transcending time and space with a couple cats and some prototype cereal, Professor Trelawney finally making actual sense, and author notes that had me howling with LOLZ. (The opening line of Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot, a bit of light-hearted existential fluff in which Godot takes longer to arrive than the play takes to perform.)

To mention some truly memorable lines:

“The outcome of the war probably hung on your charisma more times than even you know”

“I’m saying, Professor, that when you were alive, you were dead sexy.”

Demetrios floated back down to her, beaming.
“You found what you were looking for?”
“Yes – or, more to the point, no.”

He looked uncomfortably at the ceiling. “Hermione.”
No response from his lap.
Strictly speaking, that was a lie, but there was none from Hermione.

Miss Granger had grown into her elbows.

"You will address me as befits your…" Here he faltered.
"My what?" She laughed sharply. "Age? That hardly applies. My height, perhaps?"
He said nothing.
"Well, get used to it, sir; I don't get much taller."

Such a pleasure, thank you!
Night of shadows chapter 33 . 10/18/2015
WOULD YOU PLEASE CONTINUE THIS STORY?!I'm waiting for years you finishing it! Greetings...
trit19 chapter 33 . 6/30/2015
I am certain that real life must have been very busy for you as you stated a few chapters back that you were going to school and teaching, and I hope that nothing bad has happened that kept you away from writing. I am not one to scold authors for not writing in a timely manner because I think writing is for the writer and us readers are just along for the wonderful ride, so I'll just say that I hope you can find your way back to this story. It is wonderful. I would love to read more about the hilarious Mimi and cat speak cereal.
Mel chapter 33 . 6/28/2015
So I just found your story while I was looking through the archives. Oh my gosh I've just stayed up all night reading it. It's awesome and then I got to chapter 33 and was like NOOO! Well I thought I would leave this for you anyway. I love what you have done. It's an incredible original and refreshing look at these characters and story lines.

Thanks for a the great work!
adara1103 chapter 33 . 4/22/2015
Awwwww... Son of a... Please don't abandon this story. I was enraptured. I hope you will come back to it eventually. You really have a talent for writing.
Bonnie Gaynor chapter 33 . 4/19/2015
Aaaah, now here I am again!
I'm utterly fascinated by how thought-through and detailed your story is! Although it confused me a little at first I love the time travelling via the owl and how Hermione slowly earns enough of the past Severus's trust so that she can tell him about Mimi - or is it the fact they touch? Anyway, your storytelling is most marvellous, my greatest respect!
Ahm, what else to say... as there are too many gorgeous moments to cite I'll just say I love the whole of it and hope for another update! :)

Best wishes,
Bonnie
Bonnie Gaynor chapter 4 . 4/17/2015
Hi,
I've only had time for four chapters yet but I'm already totally excited about the story!
Severus with his invisible revenge, the kitten thoughts spelling cereals (x'D), Hermione as a whole and then the amazing Demetrios with his love for good music - Heaven Can Wait is among my absolute favourite Jim Steinman songs *-*
I love your story! You'll hear from me again, take it as a promise, a threat, or both ;D

Best wishes,
Bonnie
Fifitheflowertot chapter 33 . 2/20/2015
This is such a great fic! I hope you continue it - it's well written, well thought out and so unique. Plus I love how you use cats :P I love cats :) x