Reviews for In Spirit
LunarMeridia chapter 33 . 3/19
I'm so sad that this fic remains unfinished. I do hope that one day you may return to it. However, if you never do, I'd sincerely like to thank you for what you have written. I thoughly enjoyed it. I think your characters, both cannon and created by you are spot on and wonderfully written and it's a wonderfully unique premise that I've not read before. Thanks again!
TheEdgeOfTheDeepGreenSea chapter 33 . 3/4
Oh, this has been a wonderful read! I'm absolutely gutted it just stopped, as I've not enjoyed many fics this much. Thank you for what you've written so far, and I do hope you come back to it one day.
Trouble and she knows it chapter 33 . 12/5/2016
I love this story, it is well researched, inventive and AMAZING! Please continue soon (or now)!
zaubernuss chapter 33 . 10/29/2016
Wow - what a brilliant, wonderfully written story! It was so intelligent that I had a hard time following everything, but I was hardly able to put down my iPad. Your Snape was amazing, so in-tune with his character that he seemed even more snapish than in Mrs. Rowlings novels. The same goes for Hermione, and I loved your funny ideas with the Archive.
So now I'm all the more and thoroughly disappointed and close to crying because you abandoned this story! How can you do that? Please - get back to it! Pretty please?
lagunacarta chapter 33 . 10/18/2016
Blast! I found this story after No Loyalty in the Moonlight and it is beautiful and haunting and amazing AND ABANDONED! AGGGHHHH
brokenheart10 chapter 33 . 9/9/2016
No! There aren't any new chapters and this was such a good story. I couldn't stop reading it! This has to be the biggest cliff hanger..
Ingo chapter 33 . 8/1/2016
Hi - I like this story very much! Please, please finish it.
greatings
whitehound chapter 33 . 7/4/2016
Pity this wasn't finished but I suppose it was a lot of work.
whitehound chapter 28 . 7/4/2016
Yarrow is also associated with charms to determine the identity of your true love, and with the folk belief that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene:

Yarrow, sweet yarrow,
The first that I have found,
In the name of Jesus Christ
I pluck you from the ground.
As Jesus loved sweet Mary
And took her for his dear,
So in a dream this night I pray
My true love will appear.

I've never been able to trace the origin of this but it's quoted in some books of traditional recipes and spells.
whitehound chapter 24 . 7/4/2016
I can't review the previous chapter this time around because I already did first time around, but I see now that the reason Snape's death has not been discussed in the press is because history itself doesn't know if he's alive or dead.
whitehound chapter 20 . 7/4/2016
Just re-reading this, because I don't think I've seen the most recent chapters and I don't know where I left off.

Yes, it would take two or three weeks to walk from London to Hogwarts - although technically I suppose Hermione could Apparate to Hogwarts and then come back with a Thestral for him, which could do the job in a few hours.

This chapter contains an odd little Britpick which is almost universal in US writing about the UK because it never occurs to Americans that this is something which might be different. A kettle here is, almost invariably, an electrical device. You have a sort of docking station attached to the wall by a short lead, and then the kettle - which is usually a white plastic thing shaped like an upright jug - sits on the docking station, and it has a switch on the handle. When you switch it on an orange light comes on on the handle, and once it's boiled it switches itself off and the light goes off. Of course, it's possible Hermione's magic would interfere with it.
FeyFortchyn chapter 33 . 5/24/2016
Hey there!

I absolutely love this story, and even though it's been a while since you've updated it, I thought I'd make you aware of my hopes for an ending regardless. ;) I started reading this several years back, and was oh-so-happy when you began updating again after the first hiatus. I'm now re-reading (thanks to nostalgia)
Mostly I just want to thank you for such a well-written beginning to a story, as well as all of the other stories you've written. A Walking Shadow being my favorite, of course. I didn't love SS/HG until I read your work. You've inspired me.

Keep writing! Hope you're doing well!
Tarsieh chapter 33 . 3/31/2016
I've absolutely fallen in love with your story. Just the detail. Wow. Time travel fics always bored me but yours put a new twist in all that. Using cats to speak through time? How could you possibly explain that? Magic. Love that part.

And I know how busy life can get and you tell yourself that fanfiction writing isn't worth it. Wastes too much of your time. But I really enjoy your story and hundreds do, too. You have a wonderful talent. Hopefully, you'll come back and see how much we appreciate your exquisite writing.
cryskylar chapter 33 . 1/16/2016
My gosh, such brilliant writing, had me frantically reading through each chapter onto the next, gleaming anything I could from the brilliantly written interaction between the two. Id say the fact that Im even writing this is proof to the point how amazing this is - Ive never posted a review before. Imagine my surprise/disappointment when I reached the end of chapter 33 to find no Next button! Resigning myself to a weekend of pent-up angst. But yes, thank you, I really enjoyed it (while this lasted) x
MyLovelyHorse chapter 33 . 11/21/2015
Merlin on a muffin – what an entertaining story!

You write the most sophisticated and beautiful fan fiction that I have yet to encounter, and this splash-out into humor is no exception. It takes someone with wicked intelligence and a devastating sense of humor to write Snape and Hermione properly, and boy oh boy do you pull it off.

So many unique and interesting ideas, such as using Snape-scented Amortentia to ward Hermione’s pristine collection of schoolgirl uniforms, transcending time and space with a couple cats and some prototype cereal, Professor Trelawney finally making actual sense, and author notes that had me howling with LOLZ. (The opening line of Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot, a bit of light-hearted existential fluff in which Godot takes longer to arrive than the play takes to perform.)

To mention some truly memorable lines:

“The outcome of the war probably hung on your charisma more times than even you know”

“I’m saying, Professor, that when you were alive, you were dead sexy.”

Demetrios floated back down to her, beaming.
“You found what you were looking for?”
“Yes – or, more to the point, no.”

He looked uncomfortably at the ceiling. “Hermione.”
No response from his lap.
Strictly speaking, that was a lie, but there was none from Hermione.

Miss Granger had grown into her elbows.

"You will address me as befits your…" Here he faltered.
"My what?" She laughed sharply. "Age? That hardly applies. My height, perhaps?"
He said nothing.
"Well, get used to it, sir; I don't get much taller."

Such a pleasure, thank you!