Reviews for Glass Shard
IVIaedhros chapter 5 . 7/2/2008
A fascinating behind-the-scenes look...well-done.
dis is unsown chapter 5 . 5/12/2004
Wow. Just...wow. Write more! _
Wow wow wow wow wow...
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 5 . 12/27/2003
Your story is simply amazing - very deep, complex, emotional and undeniably touching... not to mention beautifully written. I read it about two years ago and ever since then, I love it. It's just so very different from the usual crap serves us... Seriously, you're such a talented author... I'm impressed. I wish I were half as good a writer as you are...
Quick Brown Fox chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
This is a beautiful piece of work. I really like the way the story is told - it really feels like you're inside a half-mad woman's mind, the way the story jumps from one scene to the next - this is an example of writing technique fitting to the material. Excellent!

Anyway, I'm kicking myself right now since it was only now that i got to read this fic - a whole year! Anyway, I guess it just goes to show that great works never die.
Lawn Gnomic chapter 5 . 9/6/2002
I loved it! It was a really good, if not time consuming read, and it's clear you didn't spend the average 5-seconds proofreading your work. It's really hard to find fics like this on FFN, mostly because no one really seems to read them, sadly enough. I thought the way you portrayed the relationship between Vincent and Lucrecia was right on, and the whole broken glass metaphor really made the whole fic stand out to me. I did think the ending was a little rushed compared to the other chapters, but it is rather un-noticeable. I also liked your work with FF9, since that is one of the hardest sections to find good fics in these days. I could rant on and on about how over half the fics in all of the FF sections are just poorly written excuses for bum-sex, but that could go on awhile. I hope you'll not be discouraged by lack of reviews for this fic and continue to write fics like this, because it's so hard to find fics that aren't all scatological humor, foils to get two characters together, random killing, or mindless sex. Keep up the good work!
GoldenSilence chapter 5 . 3/5/2002
Wow. I'm just in shock right now. As corny as it sounds, this isn's a story, it's really more of an experience. I actually cried reading this-it's very touching. I'm so glad you didn't just conform to writing a happy ending!

Oh, and I agree with much of what that other reviewer said. It's a terrible shame this hasn't got more reviews, because out of all the stories I've seen, it deserves them the most. You are very talented-don't ever let lack of reviews get you down! My opinion is the reason you didn't get many reviews is not that everyone else at are preteens and stupid (there are a ton of beginning writers, true, but everyone has to start somewhere:)) but that simply, this story is so good, people that read it weren't sure what to write for a review. Like I said earlier, it just leaves you stunned. Plus, it helps you understand things from Lucrecia's side of view (in the game, I personally always hated her for leaving Vincent like that.)

The minute you write a book, I'll be sure to seek it out and buy it.:) Excellent job!
Negative Creep chapter 5 . 2/24/2002
Reading works like yours disgusts and depresses me.

...Disgusts because absolutely no one should be able to write as well as you and people like Very Metal and Themis56 do, and depressed because I know I'll never be able to pen works like this. It's just not fair.

I think you got remarkably few reviews for this because the target audience of is composed of pre-teens with limited vocabulary skills who don't have the patience or brains to sift through 5 chapters of painfully detailed introspection. This story does not have a happy ending, you actually have to - god help me - THINK while reading it, and there aren't any scenes where Vincent and Cid have hot, grinding butt-sex.

Nevertheless, the fact that this story only has a piddling total of two reviews is proof undeniable that is a seething, maggot-ridden ocean of shit, where the few diamonds produced get sucked under and ignored before you ever get a chance to take a look. It's really sad, and really depressing, and people like you should just go write a bloody book so your talents won't be wasted on idiots. Just...just go.

(I apologize for this string of run-on sentences disguised as big fat paragraphs; I just HAD to leave some remarks. Forgive me.)
Lily Rosier chapter 1 . 2/11/2002
Now now, don't go off on these poor, depraved people. I LOVE Meriko's works, ALL of them, and especially this one, because it's so different from Affair and Reaching Out (Which, btw, you need to finish, Meriko! I'm dyin' here!) Some people just don't know how beautiful and powerful language can be. This is a shining example of that truth!
EntreNous chapter 5 . 1/11/2002
Dude...I can't believe I never read the end of this. o_O Beyond that, I can't believe no one has ever reviewed this fic! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? You praise anything that barely manages to string two correctly-spelled words together in the whole body of the work, and yet here lies a masterpiece completely untouched.

Feh. Screw them. I loved it.