Reviews for Combustion Countdown
Evani chapter 1 . 7/12
This just got sadder and sadder the farther in it got and I love it. That k you for writing this, I always love reading Azula character studies.
ShadowRose-SCW chapter 1 . 6/22
This is ... touching. And beautiful. You were able to show so well the way Azula develops over time. It's particularly fascinating the way you wrote the timeline backwards. It made it more ... poignant, somehow.

This is beautiful. I love it.
kazenoseiren chapter 1 . 6/4
Great story :) so deep and heartful
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 4/13
I always love fics about Azula and Zuko's relationship. This one, backwards chronologically, is heart-breaking, and only gets worse the farther back you go. I love how it compares Azula and Zuko, shows how each is jealous of the other and yet loves the other, and how the love grows cold and complicated, and I love how it brings you back to a simpler time, and Azula's first word being Zuzu. So great.
Houndini chapter 1 . 1/12
Is this like Flowers In The Attic?
Jessikitt chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
I love this and how it's arranged backwards. Thank you for writing this :)
Azile-san chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
SO BEAUTIFUL OH GOD I CAN'T EVEN
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
That was deep.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2015
Beautiful. I'm glad you went backwards instead of forwards. It really helped to show the changes in Azula after time. The ending was heart-breaking, if only in comparison to the start.
rainyrhapsody chapter 1 . 7/21/2015
This was very twisted, I'm going to have to agree, but it was very entrancing, and I found it difficult to look away once I began.

I'd expected it to be in chronological order, but I guess it was better this way, and made more sense.

The way it ended was very unexpected. I'd thought you'd write Azula cackling maniacally in a strait jacket or something...but I liked it loads better this way.

But anyways, this is fantastic. I really enjoyed reading this, and your writing's awesome. Great job.
RBMIfan chapter 1 . 7/18/2015
Brr. This is chilling. The non-linear format works really well, and gives the whole thing a really tragic ring.
harblack chapter 1 . 7/18/2015
Incredible little story, amazing portrayal of Azula, fascinating spin on their childhood, and deeply sad without going overboard. Always great to find the oneshots like this that put a spin on the character that is so good it feels like it could have come right out of the source material. Hope to see something else like it again
TheGoodINTJ chapter 1 . 5/20/2015
Azula is one of my favorite characters in fiction because she is so complex. She's not a psychopath but she is disturbed. She wasn't "born bad." Whatever battles for good and evil that existed inside Zuko exist in her as well. Like you said, all she wanted was her mother's love and all she got was her father's manipulation. Thank you for writing this. It is amazing in its precise simplicity. I am so glad you shared this.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/10/2015
Hauntingly beautiful.
My5tic-Lali chapter 1 . 5/3/2015
I could read this all day and still be in love with it, because you have gotten their characters so correct and the writing style is just beautiful. These siblings are two of the most complex I've run across, and you did a great job of portraying their relationship. I love this so much! :)