Reviews for Combustion Countdown
That was deep.
Beautiful. I'm glad you went backwards instead of forwards. It really helped to show the changes in Azula after time. The ending was heart-breaking, if only in comparison to the start.
rainyrhapsody chapter 1 . 7/21
This was very twisted, I'm going to have to agree, but it was very entrancing, and I found it difficult to look away once I began.

I'd expected it to be in chronological order, but I guess it was better this way, and made more sense.

The way it ended was very unexpected. I'd thought you'd write Azula cackling maniacally in a strait jacket or something...but I liked it loads better this way.

But anyways, this is fantastic. I really enjoyed reading this, and your writing's awesome. Great job.
RBMIfan chapter 1 . 7/18
Brr. This is chilling. The non-linear format works really well, and gives the whole thing a really tragic ring.
harblack chapter 1 . 7/18
Incredible little story, amazing portrayal of Azula, fascinating spin on their childhood, and deeply sad without going overboard. Always great to find the oneshots like this that put a spin on the character that is so good it feels like it could have come right out of the source material. Hope to see something else like it again
TheGoodINTJ chapter 1 . 5/20
Azula is one of my favorite characters in fiction because she is so complex. She's not a psychopath but she is disturbed. She wasn't "born bad." Whatever battles for good and evil that existed inside Zuko exist in her as well. Like you said, all she wanted was her mother's love and all she got was her father's manipulation. Thank you for writing this. It is amazing in its precise simplicity. I am so glad you shared this.
Hauntingly beautiful.
My5tic-Lali chapter 1 . 5/3
I could read this all day and still be in love with it, because you have gotten their characters so correct and the writing style is just beautiful. These siblings are two of the most complex I've run across, and you did a great job of portraying their relationship. I love this so much! :)
HikariNoTenshi-San chapter 1 . 3/23

This hurt my feels like you wouldn't believe, and I can totally believe this to be their backstory.
Head-canon accepted.
Gonna go cry now.
JagerIV chapter 1 . 3/12
Very touching. Not sure what else there is to say after all this time.
K.B.Maillet chapter 1 . 3/4
Wow, just wow...

This is simply amazing, beautifully written in its simplicity. It wrenches at the heart and makes the mind wheel around, realizing things that we've never stopped to notice.

I applaud you, as do many other fiction writers. Truly, this is a work of art.

Happy Writings, K.B.
erisol chapter 1 . 1/11
Cool I like it. well done
Magyk Knight chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
This is kinda sad and a little disturbing. But a well thought out story nonetheless.
Firebird chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
Well, that was unbearably precious. Actually painfully adorable. So twisted. Well done. Very, very well done.
smylealong chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
This was brilliant! I love the way you showed Azula's progress backwards. It's just, phenomenal, dark and so perfect!