Reviews for Private Pomegranate
Lolapola chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
I just wanted to say that you have emulated Heller's style almost perfectly - I genuinely felt as though I was reading an extract from the book. Kudos!
draco-severus-mmm chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Ah, Catch-22. A brilliant drabble about nothing, as Catch-22 was loath to do a lot of the time. You had your work cut out, but it could very well fit in to the rest of the story, too.
bowlerhatfringe chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Wow, just, wow! You've really captured the esscence of Heller's witty and boggly writing technique; you have maintained his characters and made some excellent banter between them! Although the Catch-22 Fanfiction fandom is small, this story shines brightly! I hope (hope hope HOPE) that you'll pursue writing for this book sometime in the future (however, the chances of that appear dim). :/

Loved it!

Jankz
Formerly Chilltown chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Nice, simple oneshot. Captured the spirit of Heller well, with the inverse statements, Dunbar seeking boredom, and such so. Successful fanfictional attempt.
lovova chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Awesome in its simplicity. Great job!
Jewboy Extrordinaire chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
haha I'm really happy that people have written Catch 22 fanfics, cuz the book was such a revelation. good job
minderbinder chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
You nailed the characters. I loved the imagery!
The Joe and Gromit Show chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Impressive. You've captured the frustratingly bewildering style of Catch-22 perfectly. Characterisation is excellent, and the characters themselves are all suitably nuts. Well done. :)

For the only Catch-22 story thus far, you've set a good standard for others to follow.

-Joe
silverflight8 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Sounds exactly like Catch-22...bewildering. You mimic the style very well.

However, after a character says something, it's usually followed by a comma, apostraphe, and then a _lowercase_ letter. Not "Gimme a seed!" Yelled..., but instead "Gimme a seed!" yelled.

Other than that, it was a good piece. Keep writing!
TheGreatChude chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Hey. Nicely done. Definetly(I never spell that word right) in Heller's style. I enjoyed this. Brief though it was
Nongarak chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Very nice. You have captured the spirit of Heller perfectly!
HappyStickofTNT chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
That was a funny story. And I agree. It is better than the actual second book. We need more people to write fanfiction stories about Catch-22. *nods to self* yup. Sure do...
bjkatcher chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
It's better than the real life sequal, that's for sure.