Reviews for Sawdust and Sandalwood
propelled chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
I've read this story a few times since you published it, and just now realized that I never reviewed. It's absolutely stunning. I love the flow of the conversation between Ziva and Gibbs. I love the way Ziva is silently reflecting on everything - absolutely stunning.
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
I love good Ziva backstory, ergo I really really love this story. Sometimes it seems such fics all blend together, but yours had elements that really stood out, made it all fresh again...I liked the framing conversation with Gibbs, and the eventual reveal of his motives. Very perceptive, very Gibbs. I also really liked the attention to the origin of Z and Jenny's friendship. It's not something I've seen a lot written about, and you did it beautifully and realistically (as you did for the story as a whole). (Oh, and the repeating of the what-have-they-turned-you-into/the whole rumination of her relationship to men So. Good.) Okay, I could list things I loved all night. Thanks for writing!
pirate-princess1 chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
AW! I love it! :)
Merlynnod chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Beautiful prose, and a lovely exploration of the character of Ziva and the tenuousness of the middle/end of season six. Really lovely writing. :)
vividDaydream chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
This is just gorgeous and sad and so apt.

Here via the Fic Filter.
Swingflip chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
I love all the detail! You explain everything so beautifully - I love your way with words.
tigerlily25 chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
I'd read this before, pre-finale, and just stumbled across it again then - beautifully written and especially bittersweet now we know how season 6 ends (or at least we think we do).

Characterisation spot-on as always - I really enjoyed seeing flashes of Ziva's past (I wish the show would delve into that more often, but who knows what s7 will bring). Gibbs and Ziva really are both people of actions, not words, and the way you wrote their conversations was artful, like they're dancing around each other.

Loved it then (although I didn't review), and still love it now. Fantastic job.
Infinite-Endings chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
i love the fluidity in this story. great read.
dress without sleeves chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Um, wow. Talk about great minds! I absolutely LOVED this. Loved it!
ScarletCourt chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
An interesting look at Ziva's life. Very powerful and concise. Nice positioning between her and Gibbs to help explain the changes we've seen so far in S6.

She and Gibbs have an interesting relationship. It's hard to describe as it doesn't fall into the usual mentor/student, father/daughter, lovers, or just friends relationship. It's almost equals (despite the disparity in age) who trust one another implicitly, but Ziva can't read Gibbs as well as Gibbs can read Ziva. This is very well expressed in this story.

Interesting ending. It flows nicely when you read it, but afterwards, common sense questions come to mind such as: How did Tony know that she was at Gibbs? (Did Tony drive her there? though it's implied that she didn't expect him to be there?) How did she get to Gibbs and if she drove, is she leaving her car at Gibbs's?

Nonetheless, the whole story is very powerful, evokes a lot of imagery, and reveals a background that make sense based on what we've seen of Ziva. Wonderful!
Aurora2424 chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
Well-written with just enough detail to allude to deeper implications.
serendipitous-15 chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
That was a wonderful look into Ziva's psych and how the relationships she had developed have shaped who she is today. I have to admit that Ziva is the one character that I have a really hard time playing out snippets of scenes in my head because I really don't know what makes her tick but I think that you've done a wonderful job. I think that you've captured Ziva perfectly. The ending, to me, seems quite ambiguous but holds promise.
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
This is a very sad story to me.

sniff

sniff

Good but sad.
Waiting for my Soulmate chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
I tried to stay away a decent time!

As always, you do a great Ziva, and I have been reconciled to a great many things by your writings (S/W for one, and Tony not being such an idiot for another!)

I love the ending, it seems full of promise. I may have to find out what sandalwood smells like though!

x
dkscully1121 chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
Wow, that was incredible! Very deep and thoughtful. I love Ziva too and this was a great 'look' into her.