Reviews for Sellsword
Kitsune1818 chapter 10 . 2/17/2011
Yor fic are really good! I hope this will be continued, just like Ellipsis. Its been a lot of time since the last update D
ej8012 chapter 10 . 8/1/2010
I'm surprised you have so few reviews for such a good story. The plot is still solid, and the characters are all IC.

Very nice chapter, btw.
ej8012 chapter 2 . 7/31/2010
I've read two chapters and I'm already impressed. Writing second person is extremely hard- yet you seem to have it down. I like where the plot is going- although I must admit, the start could have been longer (nothing terribly with short chapters).

An enjoyable story, I can't wait to read some more.
ShinigamiDeathscytheSan chapter 10 . 2/17/2010
awesome fic! please continue :D

-ShinigamiDeathscytheSan-
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 10 . 10/21/2009
*giggles* I really like where this seems to be going. Nasir, you have just (re-) won the tittle of "Awesome." I really like how he just runs roughshod over their objections and worries so they have no choice but to join Ike. Does he know that Ena is a dragon in this world?

I'm glad not as many people died as Soren and I thought... I was kind of freaking out about that.

I love Ike's character. Pulling Soren out of himself the way he has... (No, Ike would not know tack if it hit him over the head.)

Well written. Good read. Please continue!
shions chapter 10 . 8/12/2009
Ike is acting kinda like Micaih by trusting everyone he sees. XDD But it IS Soren, soo...

Anyway, great story. I hope that it gets more Soren x Ike soon! :D
Sargent Snarky chapter 10 . 7/17/2009
I read this and added it to alerts a few days ago, but I've only just now gotten to reviewing it, because life is busy. BUT I'm reviewing now! Sorry for the delay.

Anyway, firstly, it is nice to see someone playing with the second tense - I always have felt that the second tense, when properly written, can be much more personal than first or third - and it combines the very personal with the detached: how it's not 'I' who am doing something but 'you,' though it seems like the narrator /is/ the 'you.' ... if that makes any sense. Basically, it's like when you're telling a story about yourself but you use the vague 'you' instead of I. ... right. It made more sense in my head than on the screen. Sorry. xD

Point is, I really enjoy a good second person narrative, and it is so very, very rare to find them in more than one shots and drabbles. So, I applaud you for that.

Secondly, I really enjoy stories with different takes on Soren and how his life could have gone - things that explore his relationships with Ike and others, if things had been a wee tad different. They're my favorite FE fic to come across, actually.

So, to find this fic delighted me to no end! I've really enjoyed reading it, and I do hope you continue to write it.

With the idea of Ike and Soren as a couple, I've always waffled. On the one hand, Ike seems to be (at least in canon) Soren's everything, but I'm not so certain Ike reciprocates in quite the same way. He alternately seems oblivious and not interested in romance. And as for Soren, my mental version of him pegs him as content to remain Ike's companion - he's emotionally damaged to ever consider a healthy romantic relationship.

Nonetheless, I deeply enjoy fics about those two, exploring their relationship (though I'm sad to say that many authors don't seem to have a full grasp on how to write Soren). So... yes. Rambly review is rambly. xD;

I really do look forward to reading more of this. I like it better than Ellipsis, as far as your alternate versions of things go. I'm especially keen on seeing the dynamics of Ashnard and Soren, when facing each other across a battlefield.

The only real complaints I have with this story are that perhaps it is a little /too/ fast paced. The pacing certainly keeps you on your toes, but I don't think it would hurt to slow down a little in places and delve into things a little bit more here and there. But at the same time, there are some lines and observations I just love. Little details sprinkled throughout that give wonderful glimpses into poor Soren's twisted, miserable mind.

Rambling review is even more rambling now. My apologies for going on forever. I look forward to chapter eleven!
CURUS chapter 10 . 7/6/2009
this is a well thought out and well written story. i hope to read more soon.
WingsOfADream chapter 6 . 7/2/2009
Hmm...Gotta be honest here; wasn't a fan of this chapter for obvious reasons _; The writing and style and all that were as excellent as always it's just the way the story is going that I'm wary of now (don't really mind that you killed off Illyana though XD).
WingsOfADream chapter 5 . 7/2/2009
Woo, you go Soren! Impressing everyone with your tactics :D As with evey other chapter, I enjoyed reading it and am finding the 2nd person perspective quite refreshing :)
WingsOfADream chapter 4 . 7/2/2009
O, Titania's being a bit harsh about Soren being a "Spirit Charmer". Found him muttering "it's a birthmark" quite humorous though XD
WingsOfADream chapter 3 . 7/1/2009
Ah, so Soren knows who he is! Nice, I like that twist.

I also really liked the conversation between Ike and Soren at the end. Such a sad out-look our little prince has. I'm sure Ike will teach him a better way to see things :D

Hmm, have to go to bed now (work at 5:30am tomorrow -.-) so the other chapters are going to have to wait to be read unfortunately.
WingsOfADream chapter 2 . 7/1/2009
O, nice moment with Ike carrying Soren :D Liked that a lot. And now there's the question of what Soren's gonna reveal about himself...If anything 'cause he might just tell a pack of lies XD
WingsOfADream chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
I don't read a lot of fanfiction anymore but having just got the internet on my DSi and being in the mood for some Ike/Soren I thought I'd see what was around. This was the story that caught my attention the most.

First chapter is both impressing and intriguing. I certainly haven't read anything like it before, plot-wise and second-person-wise. I'm looking forward to more so I'm gonna toddle onto chapter 2.
RandomTopic chapter 10 . 6/17/2009
Very interesting. I like your writing style. Works very well for those among us with a short attention span.