Reviews for The 2am Rule
Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
That was such a sweet thing of Sam's to do for his big brother. *hugs Rose as well*

Even if Dean won't let Sam help him in plain daylight, once he really needs his brother at night, he's willing to get out of his way a bit more. chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
You know I don't think a lot of us really realise the kind of toll mentally and physically living a life with out the healing powers of sleep can take on a person.

When things get really stressed for me I sometimes get to have a Winchester dream. Yup,the boys are there, guns drawn, Dean takes the first watch at the seedy motel we're holed up in. The reason I'm there being protected by them is never made clear. Its enough to know that Dean and Sam have made me their charge for the night and that before the light dawns Dean will stand down and Sam will sleepily rise to take his place...watching for the monsters, making sure I sleep soundly through one more night.

And on those mornings after I've had such a dream I am better rested, I do have a reserve of's like I've got a less worn out lease on life cause they had been keeping watch.

So it took me a couple of respite sleeps for me to imagine how tired, how drawn and hopeless Dean must feel every freaking day the sunlight stabs his eyes open. Does he ever feel rested at all? People die or go crazy from lack of sleep. But Dean can't do either. He's got to get up, and feel like during the day is the best rest he'll have before he returns to hell at night.

Freaking demons.
LivingForTv chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
SO beautiful!
Dreadedfemale chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
This was just perfect. I really loved the end line. Great drabble. :)
bhoney chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
Aw...*sniffle* I want to see THIS on the show, dang it! I want to believe this Sam is still in there, that it's not all "Boo hoo" Sam (which broke my heart). LOVED the image of Sam comforting his brother when he's having the nightmares. *sniffles some more*
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Man, that was seriously lovely. Pets Dean.
KatyMM chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
So sad the way these two care so much about each other and fail to show it so catastrophically. Wonderful stuff.
SciFiRN chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Excellent. I love the "dude" rules. Ahh, brotherly love at its best. Thanks for sharing.
Mad Server chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
I love that Dean's face is damp with sweat and tears, and that Sam has catalogued the "you can comfort me after 2am" pattern in Dean's behaviour.
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Oh nice!
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Oh, so moving and powerful. Makes me feel for him.
PADavis chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
That was very sweet - wish things like that happened this season.

Soncnica chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Loved this!

seriously loved it!

and I guess the world at 2am seems different and the 'dude' rule 's just not there!

great drabble!