Reviews for As The Crow Flies
Addicted2you chapter 12 . 10/19/2014
Crane is hot! You make me like him (in a strange way).
NightRain2DaySnow chapter 12 . 9/10/2013
Ooh! How interesting! I was a bit, how should I say this, wary, when I first read about Crow. But then I got to know her a bit more and she turned out to be cool. Like Scarecrow said, she compliments them. I hope she can make a name for herself! It'll be interesting, having Crow/Chelsie be Scarecrow/Jonathan's partner. Can't wait to see the sequel!
ASparkleInHerEye chapter 12 . 8/5/2012
LOVE IT!
PurgatoryNymphe chapter 12 . 8/7/2009
cool!

it's sure i'm reading the sequel (and i know i'm late in the readin) but all of it then after the threequel
PurgatoryNymphe chapter 5 . 8/7/2009
why throwing you a bone when you could have a steak? :P
Joker's Lover chapter 5 . 8/4/2009
i happen to love your work but i'm a bit strange i mean i did laugh so hard i fell out of my chair when Crane put the knife to the goth boys thout (And i like goth guys)(Oh and i'm a bad speller)
moony1981 chapter 8 . 6/30/2009
Wow that went slightly sordid great story, could have been better without the crow, she is ...too much
Lynx Klaw chapter 9 . 4/22/2009
And here we see the Crow and its mating dance. The Crow does not stick to a single partner, but may take many over the course of its life, even if it remains in a single nest. ... Heh.

Poor Crane and Scarecrow; they didn't do their ornithology homework! The only way to get someone like Crow is to let her go and let her make her own mind up that she wants ya? Good philosophy... not one many understand. I like the dynamic. I wonder if they (Crane and Scarecrow) will ever fetch up against the answer.

So the antics begin and Scarecrow tries to find out where things went wrong and how he can make Chelsie and Crow love 'im. It's highly amusing, but I suppose some criminals need love, too.

A good chapter illustrating Crow's perspective and how easily Chelsie can be swayed by a simple, logical argument. That could be dangerous! Heh. I couldn't wait to see what she would do.

Lynx Klaw chapter 8 . 4/21/2009
And so the wrath of Crane and Scarecrow makes itself apparent! Poor Chels. And the advent of Crow! Here we see the Scarecrow almost frantic over Chelsie's sudden fainting. Apparently, while violating and scaring her, he still wants to keep her his innocent little pet.

Things change... new things emerge... and Crow promises to create major complications in the future!

Surprises abound! Scarecrow wants love, too... I think he's going about it the wrong way. Heh. It appears he's in denial, too. I'd love to see Crane try to psychoanalyze Scarecrow on THAT!

A rocky start for Crow, almost being choked to death, but we know that "fate promises more turns before the drama unfolds... completely." I can't believe I got to use that quote, but it's so apt! I really liked the chapter and the introduction of Crow! That and Scarecrow's rhyme was very menacing. _

Lynx Klaw chapter 7 . 4/21/2009
A sad chapter, but necessary to the advancement of the plot. It's strange... how Scarecrow seems to want her, wants to scare her, but he doesn't want anyone else to scare her. In his own way he wants to protect her; his own little, frightened pet. I can understand that. It's twisted. Almost sweet in that same twisted way... not QUITE sweet, but almost.

I think if Scarecrow could get his fearful jollies from her without detriment, things would go smoother... but where's the fun in that? Heh. Anyhow, this nicely illustrates the thought process of Scarecrow, and how he realizes that he and Crane are of one body, even if not of one mind on much of anything recently.

He wants Chelsie, too. Like Crane, he can't seem to properly express it. Unfortunately, his methods tend to have worse results. Oh well.

How much more can she take before she breaks? What will happen when she does? Or will she get a reprieve? How will the problem resolve itself? These are the questions that kept me reading! Perhaps not a NICE chapter (nice villains... heh), but a very good one!

Lynx Klaw chapter 6 . 4/21/2009
Criminal fluff! Twisted and evil while being sentimental... it doesn't get much better. Poor Crane, so oblivious that Chelsie doesn't quite get it. He doesn't get that she's oblivious. Heh.

And finally we have the new place! Finally they're out on their own, but poor girl only finds herself in a new world of hurt. Mean Scarecrow... but I can see how, in his own way, Scarecrow needs someone to be afraid for him. It's just too bad that most people don't feel that frightening them is a suitable method of wooing... or something.

Already, we can see she is just as isolated as she was before... just traded one bad situation for another. The more she gets fed up with what has practically become her sell, the more it's gonna pile in front of the fan... ...

I loved wondering how the drama would play out here, how she would reach her breaking point. Really spurred me on to keep reading, even though it was really late (or early, depending on how you look at it) and I had a meeting to attend around noon! Heh. I survived, though... and now I'm back to reviewing after a good day's rest!

A good chapter for giving us insight into the "new setup." The new scenery promises much. Loved what all you did with it, but that's for a later chapter's review!

Lynx Klaw chapter 5 . 4/20/2009
What a pair they make, as troublesome for each other as for themselves! Another day in the lives of. I liked their little interactions over seemingly unimportant matters. It adds more realism to the characters to see them in such mundane situations.

Lives of crime and insanity can't ALWAYS be as interesting as they are in movies and books. ... Sometimes you just sit around and Youtube and watch Naruto. Heh.

This perfectly illustrates the calm before the storm and we know perfectly well that it's on its way. This fragile barrier holding back the flood is bound to break. Who will break with it? Who will break first?

All the questions that build up during to that inevitable crescendo. Like chords plucked from the strings a piano. What will the tone be like in a few chapters?

And the mastermind behind all of this mayhem to be? Why, the answer is simple: Moosie.

I like your pacing of the story and chapter sizes. It's very easy to read and can be taken all at once, in a few chapters at a time, or singly for a quick read.

Lynx Klaw chapter 4 . 4/20/2009
Ah, the start of a beautifully twisted relationship. But can he get her to reciprocate those feelings? Hm, a definite wonder, to be sure. I loved reading this part.

Foreshadowing of Scarecrow's growing impatience to interact with Chelsie in a negative way. With only Crane capable of keeping him in check, it leads us to wonder what will happen since Chelsie is a passive type, watching the world pass her by...

The end of Damian's poor treatment. At first, I wondered if Crane really would slit the boy's throat. In the end, it was over rather quickly. Most things are.

I like how passive Chelsie was during the whole of both altercations. It illustrates just how little seems to get through to her on a personal level. Even what does get through seemed muted... blunted. I liked this chapter very, very much!

Lynx Klaw chapter 3 . 4/20/2009
Manipulative Scarecrow... poor Damian. He's no Omen devil-child. I liked the conniving nature of Scarecrow as he maneuvered Crane to deciding to take Chels for himself.

What a twisted little sense of romanticism!

When I read this, I knew Damian would get his. Wasn't sure how or when, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I had to wonder if Crane was going to scare him, gas him, or off him.

All would have been acceptable to me, but... I had to wait to find out what you had in store for me!

An enjoyable insight into the temporarily scattered mind of Jonathan Crane. That smooth-talking Scarecrow... you can already see the issues and problems lining up from such a decision. Heh.

Lynx Klaw chapter 2 . 4/20/2009
So here we are! A day in the life of! What a perfectly ordered world so very well adjusted for one so maladjusted to the world. I love her rituals and her monotony. A CD for every day of the week. She's practically got herself set up in her own little universe. No need for anything to exist outside... well, not until grocery shopping or the like. I like this chapter very much.

When I first read, I figured Crane would take her away and she would have to adjust within her little schedule and routine... accommodate herself to whatever new world the Scarecrow took her. You surprised me with what you decided to do.

This insular life so easily accepted Crane into it. So malleable, she is... her apathetic, fearless, blank nature. Lovely little chapter. _