Reviews for Death, Lies, and Videotape
Spitfire303 chapter 19 . 2/10
Awesome work i normally dislike red john fics but i find this one compelling
LouiseKurylo chapter 19 . 6/23/2014
Terrific job of a complex plot. You managed for it to make sense and tie up all the loose ends (more than TM series did in season 6). Too bad you didn't let Red John die, but then the series would never be the same. Thanks for writing it.
whashaza chapter 19 . 3/4/2013
What a well written story. Spelling mistakes here and there, ;-) but it didn't subtract from the well thought out story. Hope there's more from you. Thanks for a great read.
phoenixmagic1 chapter 19 . 2/6/2010
I really liked this story..the drama..the action..the friendship between VP and Jane and R/VP...great job!
souperwoman chapter 19 . 11/22/2009
That was awesome! :) I didn't see the ending coming! This was a great story. OMG can't wait to read sequeal now :D
inkspire chapter 19 . 11/19/2009
You are completely EVIL. Not Red John level, but still. I was supposed to go to bed an hour and a half ago, but refused to stop reading this, whooshing through all 19 wonderful chapters in one go. (I really need to pee!) This story is an AWESOME Mentalist story, you supplied us with RJ and then exposed him, and all the Grace mind issues were scar, and Jane was frightening when he left Jason Copola to die (as was Rigsby), and everyone's interaction with every other team member was just perfectly in-character and awesome. My mouth dropped open in shock on several occasions, the most notable being... the red face on Lisbon's wall, the realization a split second before they named him that RJ is the manager guy, when Grace is first tailed by someone, and we come ot kow that that is Red freaking JOHN... Oh, and of course, that he IS ALIVE. Hence the anger and calling you evil. ;) Just amazing, really. The introspection and thoughts and dialogue were exquisite, and you made me cry a few times too! (I can only remember at the beginning of this chapter when he visits his wife's grave, but I know there were other times). I love Jace, myself, and was happy that you stayed within the parameters of the show when it came to both Grace and Lisbon, gave us Jacers a teensy bit, and made the story completely your own. It's bittersweet that I have to work early tomorrow and then have a lot of tv for TV night, because otherwise I would dive right into your sequel(s?). Shesh. Amazing story, I love it, and you know I'd love any Jace you may write in the future, including that new story! Awesomely done. :D
Famous4it chapter 19 . 11/11/2009
This story is absolutely fanstatic!

It is very hard to pull off a story like this (not that I've had any experience... but regardless!)Every one was perfectly in-character, the plot was amazing...every little thing was unexpected! I love your style too. It was almost like an X-files episode:the conspricies, the twists and turns!

It was very relistic as well, the entire Rigsby scernario... it is scary what some people can do out of anger.

I cannot wait to start the sequel...though there is the matter of my evil exams looming round the corner, but I will sacrifice my study time!

Thanks for the hours of fun!
Wuchel1 chapter 19 . 7/12/2009
Ah, a nice twist at the end. Good job. And off I go, reading the sequel.
stargatemagic chapter 19 . 5/29/2009
AH! Why would you do such a thing?

Good fic otherwise. You've got each character's dialogue down pat.
dimensions-in-space chapter 19 . 5/14/2009
That was a great story. I really enjoyed the ride and cannot wait for the sequel. ;)

House Calls chapter 19 . 5/14/2009
You know, the ending shouldn't really surprise me as it's coming from you - the master of the last-minute twist. But I do hope in the sequel you do not put Jane and the team through the wringer like you did in this one because I honestly don't know if I could take it! Good job, though. :)
IntoDarkness chapter 6 . 5/14/2009

Great writing and character developement.

Well done. I stopped reading just to tell you how much I am enjoying your story.
bluedragon1836 chapter 19 . 5/14/2009
okay, this had that ending where it was like *gasp* 'oh-no' if you know what I mean. Does this sequel have a name so I can keep an eye out for it?
music-and-fairytales chapter 19 . 5/14/2009
OMG! Okay I am officially dying to see the sequel. That was such an amazing story! I loved it. Seriously. I feel so sorry for Grace though. Oh and for some reason, at the start of this chap when it said Jane was standing at her grave, I thought Lisbon had been the one who was shot and I was like omg no! But it was okay hahaha. Loved this story. Can't wait to see more from you x
superwoman1015 chapter 19 . 5/13/2009
I'd like to say that I saw this coming, but honestly, I didn't. I mean, I figured the whole Grace needing Jane to comfort her, and Cho being pissed as Rigsby. But the whole RJ/Misty thing, totally didn't see that coming.

So many thoughts, and so little time, also 2 year old still awake and trying to get me to go to sleep at midnight, so it's hard to type.

Umm, I would love to see Jane's reaction when he see's that note, and when he realizes that Misty played him.

I'm looking forward to the sequel, I can't wait. I want to see how Rigsby handles Grace preferring to be with Jane than him. I think that will be interesting, and there's always the conflict between Rigsby and Cho, and Lisbon trying to hold the team together. Oh, I can't wait!

Oh, and the graveyard scene, when you said the opening was in a graveyard, I so hoped that they would be at RJ's funeral. But this, this is better. Now we get a sequel :)