Reviews for Life So Far
Atarah Derek chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Great story. You did really well taking the second Doctor's perspective on meeting himself and explaining it, and it really helps to explain all of the multi-Doctor stories.

I've always felt that the Doctor never really changes all that much, and I think you've captured that with this story. He still remembers; even the things he knows he needs to forget for a while. And that's what makes him the same man regardless of the face and clothes he wears.

"A man is the sum of his memories, you know. A Time Lord even more so." -the Doctor. Just the Doctor.
korasami chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I nearly cried! So sweet!

By the way, I had the name changed from 'Jaime' to 'Jamie'. I wonder who thought it was spelt that way? Obvously not someone who cared :(
Sunfall E chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Good story. I found out today that Jaime Escalante died. He was who I always thought of when I noticed the misspelling of Jamie's name. What are you called on Teaspoon? I may have asked this before, sorry.
werewolfatemyphoenix chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Brilliant! There really aren't enough Second Doctor/Jamie stories around.
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
Really good. I love the Second Doctor and Jamie, they're one of my favourite Doctor-and-companion teams, along with Four and Sarah Jane, Seven with Ace and Ten with Donna. I also appreciate how you focused on the Second Doctor's frequent encounters with future selves - it was enlightening to see what the Doctor was thinking in those instances, how he reacts to these situations, etc. Patrick Troughton was lucky, getting so many opportunities like that.

Only thing is, you've ignoring how the Second Doctor was working for the Time Lords in 'The Two Doctors'. Have you heard of the 'hypothetical' Season 6b. It's a theory that, judging by his knowledge of Jamie and Zoe's wiped memories in 'The Five Doctors', and because he and Jamie were on a mission for the Time Lords in 'The Two Doctors', that the Second Doctor was, rather than immediately exiled, sent on several missions by the CIA (Celestial Intervention Agency) for an unknown period of time before his forced regeneration. In addition, Jamie's knowledge likely means that his memories (and Zoe's too, possibly) were restored by the CIA, at least temporarity. Plus, if you ignore Season 6b, then 'The Two Doctors' would probably have been set, for the 2nd Doctor, BEFORE 'The Five Doctors' (as he mentioned Victoria in the former, and Zoe in the latter). Remember, time isn't a straight line.

However, I'm still impressed by your style and you depth, especially with his observations as to the different Doctors' reactions to him. Well done.

gODSPEED!