Reviews for Not Like the Other Girls
Kriftonucci chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
To the third reviewer (Somebody):

I understand that what you were trying to do was be helpful, and I thank you for that, but I can't help but notice a bit of venom within your words.

The main reason I haven't written on in years is because I am in fact focusing on not one, but three stories of my own, with my own characters and own origins. But I can't ignore the fact that writing fan fiction is what got me to that point; to take original characters and take them out of their usual surroundings and use my own imagination to create something new. That pushed me to use my imagination more and more and rely less on already created sources.

I simply wrote this story because I wanted to reflect on that old inspiration from my teens and just touch on it; to see what may come of it. I have no intentions of revolving my life around fan fiction because I do believe that just doing that can't further you as a writer. But I hardly find it "shameful" that I every once in a while return to my starting ground, to what inspired me to move on and create.

I don't really understand the need to explain myself to someone who won't even give me the opportunity to properly respond to them and instead use an open forum to make contact, but that's alright. I know what I'm doing with my life and my own creations and feel no shame in indulging in a little guilty pleasure and reliving old stories of my past.

Thanks for your input :)
Stor-E-Phool chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
It was hard to understand what was going on. You should work on sentence structure because it was confusing. sorry
Meowmie chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Hey just wanted to say that awesome story! :)
icemaiden-darkangel chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
i love this story
Somebody chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
I hope you will not be offended by an honest opinion.

You have the potential for talent. Your writing is not nearly as crude and mediocre as most of the twelve-year-olds on this website.

So-why are you wasting yourself on out-of-character, useless fanfiction?

I've been thinking about things like this more and more, and the conclusion is inarguable. How many successful novelists do you see writing things like this? Perhaps you could make original characters. Work with ones provided to you within their typical range of emotion. There is no reason to be doing something like this.

I understand if you "enjoy it". I wrote things like this when I was eleven. Then I matured. You realize it isn't practical-instead it's almost shameful. Budding talent going to waste.

And you're seventeen? Seventeen?

So why?

Just a few thoughts from a lurking writer. I'm really not expecting any epiphany to come from this review. Do what you like.

Just know some of find it incredibly painful and baffling, reading things like this.
Sinshana chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
If the episode "Phineas and Ferb Got Busted" is the ep when Candace undergoes a dream that turns out to be Perry's dream, then I guess it's safe to say that was my favorite episode :), despite the fact I didn't watch the whole of it. :(

But this story most definitely was nice, with deep words sinking into a deeper mind which Candace appears to posses. You have incredible writing style. You are a great author, which makes me wonder why you won't be here anymore. Are you quitting?
blahblahblah628 chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
are you saying that you may not be writing any more stories?