Reviews for In Care Of
Catch! (ノヮ)ノ
clairef52 chapter 16 . 10/13
was a really good story
Hot48cricket1 chapter 15 . 10/6
Good story - BUT you really need a child abuse warning before the first chapter
Hot48cricket1 chapter 13 . 10/6
So no healing of Harry’s injuries?
Hot48cricket1 chapter 10 . 10/6
You don’t like Harry do you?
Hot48cricket1 chapter 8 . 10/6
Dudley’s birthday is 23 June - and Hogwarts let’s out towards the end of June!
And Harry has been home almost a month?
You’ve got your dates wrong
Hot48cricket1 chapter 9 . 10/6
Jumped the shark at the end of this chspter
I'm kind of tired of stories featuring a manipulative Dumbledore, like most 'abused Harry' stories seem to do it, so I really appreciate your characterization of him! Of course, he made mistakes (in canon), but most fanfictions don't do him justice, I believe

Oh, and the 'you bit me' part was hilarious!
TobiSullivan chapter 15 . 9/7
Omg I'm cracking up about the whole 'you bit me' sequence and what Madam Pomfrey must think. Very well done. This whole thing is extremely well-written, very moving, just the right amount of details in setting vs. internal character experience vs. dialogue.

Oh wow! I wasn't expecting it to end there because I thought there was another chapter.

As I said above I find this extremely well-written. My only dislike of it is that it takes physical abuse for others to take Harry's suffering seriously. For me, this level of physical abuse is not implied in canon, but that doesn't justify leaving Harry at the Dursleys. I would like to see compassion for him even for what we are actually shown that he goes through.

Still, thank you for this story.
TobiSullivan chapter 14 . 9/7
Hmm...was the Headmaster's trust 'badly abused'? He did leave a child with people against their will and consent.

Omg...that comment about it being the least Spartacus could do for him had me thinking 'aw,' which confused me. I am not used to thinking 'aw' about Snape.
TobiSullivan chapter 13 . 9/7
I'm honestly relieved that Snape didn't secret Harry off to heal his injuries in private. I could see that being a way for them to bond, but...

Oh wow. I actually feel sorry for Snape there at the end, being left out of the 'family.'
TobiSullivan chapter 12 . 9/7
Great comparison to Ron finding out about Scabbers.

Interesting that he thinks of a room at Grimmauld as 'his room.' He should, really, given that it could have been his home with Sirius.
TobiSullivan chapter 9 . 9/7
Well, presumably Harry had comforting arms around him during his first year of life...but he doesn't remember that consciously.
TobiSullivan chapter 8 . 9/7
The whole getting Harry expelled thing does seem rather incompatible with protecting him.

This is really set up well for Snape to be a 'captive audience' as you say.

Hmmm...it seems to me that Harry also holds his cards close to the chest. All those times that adults ask him if anything else is going on and he says no, for example. That could be attributed to the mistrust of adults, but even with other young people he often holds back, not really talking openly about his feelings.

Harry doesn't talk about the Dursleys because he's trying to check out from that. Having lived with guardians I was miserable with for three years, I know.

Will Snape found out about the murtlap soon?
TobiSullivan chapter 7 . 9/7
The line "I have money, for all the good it does me" makes me think that on a practical level, Harry could really prepare better for summers where he might be deprived of food. Couldn't he tell the Dursley's they don't need to pick him up, buy some non-perishable food in Muggle London, and put it in his stuff to keep over the summer?

I hope to see more of Snape reflecting on what an awful person he has been...it's hard to forgive him without that.
2,236 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »