Reviews for The Other Girl
Hathor-Aroha chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
Wow, you have truly captured Anita's reaction toward the death of Bernardo and how it affected her over not just the short, but also the long, term. It was poignant to see how she had drifted from her former friend, Maria, and the different paths they had gone down after the deaths of both their loves. I always liked Anita more than Maria in the show for some reason, and I think you definitely did her justice in my eyes, particularly in the way she grew more solemn and withdrawn, as compared to Maria marrying to save face and kept her old ways. When I think of Anita and Maria, I always picture Rita Moreno and Natalie Wood from the 1960s musical movie version of "West Side Story".
Cybele3 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Interesting fic, and one of the few I've found about Anita so far. Believable and well-written, and I adore the way it's bracketed with that particular quote. So - belatedly - thanks for this!
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Oh, this is so lovely, and sad. I really like how you take the longest time to let us know who, exactly, you're talking about, because really, it *could* be either girl. I also really like the image of two girls, once so close, going their separate ways. I don't think I'm expressing my opinion very well, but maybe what I mean to say is that you've found something new in these characters and made me think, and that impresses me.

One tiny nitpick - it should be Rosalia, not Rosalie - but other than that, well done! :)
chainofcommand chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Awesome, very awesome ... I don't know what to say now. There's a lot I would like to but I don't know how to...
musicgal3 chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
I can't think of anything to say other than that it's very well-written. Great job.
Noel Potter chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Gosh, I'm not sure what to say, but that was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

You really have a talent for this. I loved this story even though it's not the kind I would usually read. It just sucked me in and I'm sad that it's over, but also kind of relieved becuase I hate seeing someone like Anita, who I like to remember as a girl who was free spirited and happy, so sad and cold.

Just goes to show how good this is, huh?

Peace, Love, & Happiness,

TwiRidePotterGirl
S. Snowflake chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
This was lovely! I couldn't tell at first which girl you were talking about, but that was just the beauty of it. I could see that happening to Maria and Anita both; rejecting the world for the loss of their loves and losing what made them themselves. This was well-written, and I enjoyed it. Thanks for that treat.

-S. Snowflake
HistoryintheMaking chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Oh my goodness. That was absolutely heartbreaking but fantastic in the same respect. You are magnificent. Absolutely magnificent.