Reviews for Shadows at Dawn
Westel chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
"There was a lot of ground I wanted to cover when I started this story: how Frodo feels knowing that in the end, he really failed and it was only Gollum's intervention that sent the Ring into Orodruin, and Legolas' Sea-Longing, but in the end I can't see either of them burdening one another with those things: Legolas out of respect for Frodo's continuing recovery and Frodo because he's pretty reticent. But nonetheless I hope it was a short and enjoyable read!"

All fodder for other stories. A lovely little slice of Frodo's daily struggle, and for the care of the friends around him.
n0kturne chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
I really enjoyed this. It's not often that you see Frodo and Legolas together like this, even in fan fiction. I always wonder how they must react to one another when it's just the two of them and this seemed well handled to me.

I must also say, I am overjoyed to see that you are writing LOTR fiction again. I read all of your earlier works when they were first posted years ago, and I'll admit that I do drop by your profile a couple times a year ~*just to check*~ if Unblinded has returned from its lengthy hiatus. It's just nice to see something LOTRish from you again!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
A great story. Very good.
Elraen chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I really enjoyed this. It's refreshing to see Legolas portrayed as the elf he is, not some romantic figure. More please !
Laurenke1 chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I liked it a lot. It was very pleasant.

Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
I really liked how you showed the characters of both Legolas and Frodo in this fic. (And Sam, too, although he had only a brief appearance.) It was nice that Legolas was able to life Frodo's spirits at least a little! And poor, dear Sam, still worrying about Frodo even when the worst is over.
Ariadne chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
This was very good. I really like how you captured Legolas. It was the Legolas from the book, and you did a great job with it. It seems that most people have trouble writing Legolas as he was in the book rather than in the movie. Job well done. I really liked this moment they had. Friendship played a huge roll in LOTR, and many people overlook that in movies and books.

Keep writing, you have talent. :)