Reviews for Loyalty, Faith and Magic
rune1806 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
You just think you can resist, plot bunnies are mean and want you to pay attention to them or else the will mess with your mind. mawha
xBELLATRIXtheSTRANGEx chapter 1 . 3/22/2009

that was absolutely amazing!

truly wonderful!
madbrad chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
It's hard to believe that you'd leave the story like that! I suspect those bunnies will prove difficult to put down ...

I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope/assume that Bellatrix proves unable to change things.

I enjoyed the H/Hr component to this story. Nice to think that *this* particular timeline ended up so much the better due to Harry and Hermione's efforts.
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Great to see this here, and really find myself nodding along, if Bella had survived, then she'd sure do all she could to somehow revive her master or keep him out of harms way, and then wouldn't it be something if what she did led to that anyway? Really liked the intensity here, and hope that we might see more of Mr Bun one day.
immortal7 chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I can only say I hope you good luck with defeating your attacking plot bunnies. I know from experience that they are a vicious and evil race of creature. I also would like to ask if you can defeat them, can you tell me how please.

Other than that even as a one shot it has promise. If Bellatrix ended up at the night the Potter's die, how long could the mental image of what she say Tom to be hold up. I mean thirty years is a long time to plan a revenge. Even though she is not that accepting of the new ways. Could she really look down as the Master she idolized for so long cast a curse with a look of fear on his face. Would her belief structure beable to handle the most respected man in her life be brought down to meer mortal levels because he was afraid of a half-blood baby?

Also in Hermione's book about the war. Wouldn't the fact the Tom was a Half-blood have come out? So in her own beliefs how could she follow the man anymore? Or what would Harry be like raised by Bella? I'm babbling and probaly not helping the plot bunnie so I'll stop now. Nice one shot or great begininng to a fic till than later.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
: ) nice writting
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Bellatrix Black disappeared in a flash of light...

At the same time, instruments in the Department of mysteries, of several nations, registered a huge pulse of temporal magic.

Within hours, a team led by Hermione Potter converged upon the house rented by one "Bellinda Dark".

Six months later, Hermione stood before a closed session of the Wizard Congress (which consisted of the old Wizengamot and the "new" House of Muggleborns).

Hermione cleared her throat and began, "Thank you, honorable Mugwump. Today I will present our findings on the last act and death of Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Before I start however, I must ask everyone to activate their secrecy oaths to the fullest extent. Per law and per international treaty, the following information will not leave this room on pain of death."

Hermione waited until every seat turned green and she verified that the gallery was sealed off and that the privacy gem, at the Mugwump's dais, glowed green.

"Very well. As you all know, a tremendous pulse of temporal magic was released last Guy Fawkes day and was detected by ministries around the world. Even muggles detected anomalous neutrino and gamma ray bursts, but we have successfully stopped non-carded muggles from investigating further.

"We have determined that this pulse was caused by one Bellatrix Lestrange, who many of you will remember was a follower of the penultimate British dark lord, The pulse was her successful attempt to travel over half a century into the past." Hermione paused as the chamber erupted into outbursts of shock, disbelief, and shouted questions.

"Some of you are asking how Bellatrix could have successfully traveled to the past when we have no historical record of any likely interference by her. The answer is that she made a grave miscalculation and died within a minute of her arrival. Here's what apparently happened.

"As you all know..." Hermione's lips twitched as she knew that most witchards (the new "PC" term) did NOT know. "As you all know, any form of time travel must also be a form of space travel. This is because we live on a revolving and orbiting body that is hurtling through space at astounding speeds.

"Now Bellatrix's spell included an apparition component while, as you know, time turners use a modified flue technique. Only apparition would work with the magnitude of the jump Bellatrix was attempting, however." Here Hermione paused and smiled again as she could see many eyes glazing over. She caught Lord Potter-Black's eye just as he faked a dramatic yawn.

"The problem with apparition is that it can only be loosely coupled to the time component - which means that you must have muggle-like precision when calculating your trajectory. There is a reason that most witchards never apparate more than 300 kilometers at a time. It is also true that no wizard has yet to survive an apparition into space - probably due to the distance from the Earth's magical field.

"We believe that Bellatrix grossly underestimated the magnitude of the apparition required. First, during the span she apparently attempted, the Earth moved about two TRILLION kilometers, relative to the 'fixed' galaxies.

"More importantly, her flight path would take her within 0.5 AU of the Sun. At that distance, the Sun's gravitational and magical fields would have significant effects on her trajectory. Indeed, an anomalous, solar magicon burst was detected that we now believe was triggered by Bellatrix's passing.

"That burst matches our predictions exactly and indicates that Bellatrix would have been deflected to deep space, about ten-thousand AU's distant, in the direction of Canis Major."

As Hermione droned on, diving into details and projecting vector calculus equations, the "honorable" members of the Wizard Congress reverted to that time honored skill of politicians everywhere: ignoring the issue (and speaker) at hand while planning their next fund raiser and/or blackmail attempt.

Meanwhile, in the coldest, darkest reaches of space; billions of bacteria laid dormant in, and somewhat protected by, the frozen body of a long-dead witch. There they would remain for many millions of years; before a chance encounter with a young planet. A young planet with liquid water and soon, thanks to the perverse twists of fate and magic, life.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Oh yes! I hope she had just a moment to realize that she failed! Thanks for sharing.
Dreamweaver Mirar chapter 1 . 3/16/2009

a time travel fic where its one of the bad guys who goes back!

I like this! You shall continue it!

If you do decide to continue it, and have Bella go to the right place and time, there are few different ways you could go... and they all seem interesting!

keep up the good work and write fast!
kubas89 chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
good start :)
Gundum M chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
frankly while i know it isn't going to go this way i see the dark lord killing her for dareing to insiuate he can't win.
Agent Jaid chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
oh. FASCINATING! I love how rational your Bella is, I really do. If the bunnies gnaw you into submission and you do end up writing these, I'll be here to read them. If they attack someone else and then are written elsewhere, would you mind linking us to them? Because really. Rational!Arithmancy!Bella time-traveling to save Voldemort is AWESOME. :D

- Melody
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
VERY nice touch. I had some notions about creating a "Death Eater Draco" version of my time travel fic, but discarded the thought as being twice as much work (and you can see how far I got as it is! :P ).

This is the first major twist on a time travel fic that I can see where things would go all pear-shaped. Would Dumbledore or anyone in the Dept of Mysteries cotton on to Bellatrix's changes, or would it be too late? *eep*

Good work. :D
Lady Mage chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
You could do a sequel one-shot. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. It's just that this story and plot-line has real potential and I'd hate to see it be wasted.

Nice work.