Reviews for Forgiveness
Spidey Legend chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Despite that one can be piss off when Snape calls Lily a mudblood, nearly everyone seems to forget that Lily calls him Snivellus and makes fun of him about being poor. To add more, Snape was the only one who feels remorse of his actions and try to amend for. Lily and the Marauders never. What a bunch of hypocrites.
s chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
Interesting idea, though. Fascinating viewpoint. and not bad writing. I like the Harry-forgiveness stuff.
s chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
Lily-bashing generally pisses me off immensely; the Harry-hating part I can understand much better.

What the hell is this - a Snarry setup?
Black-Rose23 chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
Bravo, bravo! I admit I felt much the same about Lily and her unwillingness to forgive one horrible moment. This was wonderful.
hotxhotguy again chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
I had to logout and had to reply to elyse comment.
Excuse me ? I know name calling wrong but it is normal to lash out when you are very angry. When Sev called her mudblood, James and is fucking gang was harassing him, and she did nothing but embarrass him further. Beside, I had a lot of fight with my best friend, we even called each other hideous words. But we reconciled. It is wrong to end years of relationship just for one incident. Lily also knew Sev had no friend, and it might push him further to wrong crowd. But she did it anyways. She choose a rich husband.
Beside he asked for forgiveness many times, but did she gave him second chance?
Money grabbing bitch...
hotxhotguy chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
YES! FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTAND WHAT I FELT ABOUT THE BITCH!
I mean why would Sen needs Lily's forgiveness? what has she done for him? she is a total back stabbing bitch!
aurebesh chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Yes! Take that, Lily!
Great, great, great job! Keep it up!
Sevisabottom chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Finally, someone who does not idolize Lily Potter nee Evans in their fics and yet still Manage to give Sev the redemption he was looking for. You. Are. Awesome
QOP chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I loved this. I really hate tha b*** who threw away years of friendship for just one word, but married the bully of Hogwarts because she was so terribly vain.
elyse chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Some of your reviewers sound like they haven't read the books properly. "mere name calling"? Excuse me? The word "mudblood" wasn't just "mere name calling". It was an incredibly loaded and offensive slur used by "blood purists" to exercise their prejudiced and harmful opinions about Muggleborns. It was the Wizarding equivalent of a racial slur, like the "n-word" (just see the reactions other characters have to it-the whole Gryffindor team jumped at Malfoy, James didn't even want to SAY the word; it had the same taboo). And Snape was calling EVERY OTHER Muggleborn by the slur, as Lily pointed out. He was also joining in with his creepy friends, laughing off dark magic attacks on a muggleborn... that's a hate crime, and he laughed it off. He was inventing violent and lethal dark magic himself. He was aiming to become a Death Eater and didn't even try to deny it when she accused him of it. Think about it from her perspective: her friends and family were being targeted by Death Eaters, the group that would gladly torture and/or murder her for blood status, and Snape was planning on joining them. And he didn't see why that might be a problem to her.

So, no... it's not just name-calling. She stuck by him for several years while he treated muggleborns like shit, effectively telling her she was inferior in his eyes. She defended him even while he went around making racist remarks and enjoying his dark magic, not making any effort to listen to her warnings. It wasn't her duty to save his ass and she put way more effort than she should have. And Snape wasn't bullied into doing these things-he chose the people he hung out with. He had his little gang, and as Jo put it, "he wanted Lily, but he wanted Mulciber, too". He made his choices, he wasn't forced to be racist.

It's funny, Snape actually acknowledges all this yet some of his fans don't. Even HE knows how much he fucked up. HE recognized his mistakes, while his fans lay all the blame on everyone else. It's so ridiculous to me.
civilwarrose chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
I have mixed feelings about Lily and the mudblood incident- for her defense, Sev was falling into a nasty crowd and she felt the need to distance herself from him, not just the Mudblood comment, but on the other hand, as a poster said below, she did join James in mocking him, didn't she say something about his old shorts in a mean way? And her falling for James so fast was probably like a knife in his heart, so his reaction is VERY believable! Wonderful job!
Sheankelor chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Ha! Take that! Thank you for having the same opinion as I, and letting Sev have it too. -
asterisms chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
I agree with you about Lily. A real friend wouldn't have not forgiven him. I liked how Snape told Lily off too. This was amazing, loved it.

Sorry if my spellings off anywhere, I'm really tired.
momocolady chapter 1 . 7/24/2010