Reviews for Butterfly Wings: A Chelsea Story
Warnock23 chapter 9 . 4/9/2013
upload more please
lori0108 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
The only chelsea and terry fic. And its freaking incredible. I definitely hope you can continue and update this story because I believe its written incredibly well.
LoPe21 chapter 9 . 9/27/2010
I get that the clothes are important considering clothes are chelseas thing and all but...

its starting to kind of dominate the story. Though terry and chelsea's relationship is moving along in a very believable fashion.

but anyways keep up the great work.
LoPe21 chapter 8 . 9/27/2010
Sweet very sweet. Not a bad thing but Batman Beyond as a whole is very dark so I cant help but wonder just how if at all you plan to fold batman in to this fic.

but overall very well written with no jarring or obvious grammar/spelling mistakes.

still interesting so ill keep reading.
LoPe21 chapter 5 . 9/27/2010
Cool story. I just got through the first five chapters in one go.

My first impression of dana was that she was a snob but now I think that she's just a regular girl who simply got tired of being stood up by terry. neither good or bad just normal

Where is this story set canonically? also this story is very unique. Maybe its just your style but there seems to be a larger than normal emphasis on clothing. not a criticism but not strictly necessary unless the clothes are a plot point. most people will just dress the characters in their canon outfits in their head while they read.

Im also wondering how much batman will be involved in the story or if this strictly a high school au with batman in the background.

Still an amazing start and I cant wait to see what happens next.
laidler123 chapter 9 . 10/23/2009
love the story so far, dana is a total snob. anyway is Chelsea going to find out terry is batman?
Silo666 chapter 9 . 10/22/2009
nice i hope u update soon
Phoenix07 chapter 9 . 9/29/2009
please please please update i love this story
lori0108 chapter 9 . 7/26/2009
Holy crap this is the best! I started reading the first chapter and couldn't stop. You have great talent. Please update soon. Amazing story
DesertedMirage chapter 8 . 6/24/2009
I love the awkwardness. Who doesn't? It just makes the relationship start more realistic and enjoyable. I also like how you're developing their chemistry and the time you took to explain Terry's living status and the contrast between their lives. I think what makes this seem more like a real story being told as opposed to just the usual fanfic is the realism and characterization you add. You didn't just pair Ter and Chelse up with the snap of your fingers, but you're being intentinoal and analyzying the parts of their lives that we all face in reality. It's not just a random romance, in other words. And I like that. I also like the way you added Terry's dad into the picture, and how it effected the McGinnis family.

And while I'm on that subject, I know that not author follows the Epilogue storyline with Terry not being biologically related to his father. Or some people write pre Epilogue or post Epilogue - it's whatever. But I like that you're not taking the Epilogue route because it gives the story a uniqueness and an interesting element with Terry being tied by blood to his dad.

I don't really follow the Epilogue thing either in my stories, just because. And it is genetically possible for a child to not exhibit the same hair color traits as their parents, so I think it works.

Enough of my biology lesson! Lol. This was a solid chapter that accomplished a lot of things, and I admire your steadfastness. I'm eager for more!
Borrowed Twenties chapter 8 . 6/23/2009
Haha, I was beginning to think you wouldn't update, and I'm glad you did.

Again, I love the characterisation here. Terry's boyish and rather rugged charm is very apparent, as is Chelsea's views on the different classes in the economy.

I liked the way how you exposed the different status of Gotham City. Chelsea feeling uncomfortable about Terry's house and socks etc was pretty realistic, given her high-flying status in the society. But for them to get together, they will have to get used to this and accept the other for who they are, so I think this is a welcome step for them that you showed very nicely (:

Ohh, and Matt, I personally find him fairly cute. The twip little brother is something that Bruce never had but what Terry has to deal with, and I'm glad that you added him in. I also liked how you subtly hinted at how Matt changed when his father died - he used to smile when he was young and all that. I wonder if you're going to show Mrs McGinnis' reaction to Terry's new girlfriend? That would be cool.

Hmm, though I'm interested that you made Chelsea say Terry looked a lot like his dad, uhm, well, because technically speaking, Warren isn't exactly Terry's real dad. Bruce is, because of all that complicated DNA schemes Amanda Waller put up (from JLU, Epilogue). In my opinion, Warren and Terry don't look quite the same, haha. Could it be that Chelsea was just finding something to say, or you were trying to show that although their DNA aren't the same, Warren will still always be Terry's father, or something along those lines?

Can't wait for them to grow closer and more serious with each other. Also, Terry revealing his BB secret would be awesome, though take your time with that to develop the story further.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Kairan1979 chapter 8 . 6/23/2009
Mr. McGinnis wasn't dark-haired, he was red-haired. Terry inherited dark hair and blue eyes from his biological father, Bruce Wayne.
WolfDaughter chapter 7 . 6/19/2009
Well, this isn't a pairing you find very often. I think I like it. _ Anyway, I'm looking forward to how you decide to develop your characters and the storyline.
Ferlinda chapter 7 . 4/16/2009
Nice to see another chapter up again.

I like Terry's unfailing persistence, it's really adorable, in a way. I also enjoy how he can easily 'trick' her - well, I wouldn't exactly call it 'trick', I suppose - into spending time with him.

I would say more, but I have to go now, so keep writing and I'll be looking forward to more!
DesertedMirage chapter 7 . 4/15/2009
Oh man, this was so lovely.

Terry's trickery is utterly perfect. Their rainy day date was so sweet. I was smiling through the whole event, until the final sentence. WHY DO YOU END CHAPTERS SO WELL? Haha.

That skillful contrast between all of the fun that they had (set to such a great song) and then the empty house and Chelsea alone. So great. Such a difference. Written in such a way as to pull the reader in to your characters.

I love this chapter. Did it come easily to you while writing it? Either way, it was nice.

MIGHT I ADD THAT THE PLAYLIST TO THIS STORY IS SO GOOD! Wow.