Reviews for Sunrose
Equilly chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I've always wondered about Sarugani, but you did an amazing job describing her life and her character! I feel as if I know her so well; I love Mequen and her perspective of him, and of course Winnamine is the same as ever. Your writing is beautiful, vivid, and colorful- such a pleasure to read!

Best!

-claire :)
icecreamlova chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I can honestly say I have never seen such beautiful writing before. It's so rich and colourful, deep even though you've compressed events into single paragraphs. Just. Wow. And Saraguni and Winna both come so alive in this.
bellachaos chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
I liked the way you fleshed out Sarugani's character. The mix of brash and dutiful was an interesting counterpoint to the people she surrounded herself with. Good story.
LunaSphere chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
This is as beautiful as it is heartbreaking.

I love the perspectives you offer in this to a generation of characters that exists on the sideline of the Trickster books. Your writing style is at once so evocative and ruthless. The exploration of race, duty, and politics blends seamlessly into really inspired characterization. You make me love them all, you make me really understand for the first time how it could have all worked and then not.
Danceronpointe chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
wow amazing quality and story i love it
sophia666 chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
You characterised Sarugani so well. Her rashness, her beauty, that cunningness we saw (how she got Mequen), her relationship with him, Winna, Mequen, the girls. I loved it. great writing.
sarabistarfire chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Huh. Its sad that Sarugani never loved Mequen- that she married him in deceit. Who is Murtebo- I think I remember that being another house- but is it a raka house?
Rowena of Naxen chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Very cool...I like the Trickster's books and you did a really good job showing Sarugani's personality.
Lady Mage chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Wow, this was done really well. A little confusing at the beginning (I thought we were talking about Gunapi the Sunrose) but really good.

Can't wait to see more from you!

Lady Mage
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Haha! Love the authors note- yes, we do, and its quite sad considering your story ends with her so happy!

This was really well done! I enjoyed your writing style immensely. You have lovely descriptions in here, especially in the opening and closing of the oneshot.

I really enjoyed the structure of it- how you went through such a large portion of her life without making it seem at all rushed! Great spelling, grammer, punctuation and use of paragraphs- there was nothing to comment on there.

I think you really captured Sarugani's character. She's a lot like Sarai, but there are also some differences, which made her fun to read and which made the story much easier to get into. I loved all the little foreshadowings that you had in here, as well as the lines from the novels that would be mirrored later.

Adding in that it was her family's plan that she should marry Mequen was a great idea. I had never thought of that- but of course it makes sense. How often do you think they would have had an elible daughter at the same time as there was aa royal bachelor? They must have been desperate for Sarugani to catch him.

I love the descriptions of the characters- they are perfect to the people they become later on in the canon.

The ending was lovely, with the almost drawn-out goodbye and her anticipating not only a lovely day but a lovely life, as well, what with her pregnancy- and of course we do all know how this ride ends. I loved it, definately going into my favorites. Good job!

KrisEleven