Reviews for An Ordinary Life
SadSleeps chapter 7 . 10/18/2013
I love this story! The portrayal of Harry/Elijah is wonderful! I like how you stayed true to some of the character's personalities and backgrounds. Great story, and I can't wait for the next chapter!
hermonine chapter 7 . 7/17/2013
Nice story
sannipan chapter 7 . 7/15/2013
Wha! Finished, and I think this story is on hiatus?:( Too bad, I really like it!
sannipan chapter 5 . 7/15/2013
Severus' life is so horribly hard! People just use him, never really appreciate him it seems. The guy just heard his love remarried and died only just recently. He'll have no one to share that with.
sannipan chapter 3 . 7/15/2013
Sirius! Poor doggy:(
sannipan chapter 2 . 7/15/2013
Oh my! I'm reading this with a smirk on my face that I'm trying to hide, quite unsuccessfully I might add, since I'm at work right now. Love this story! Can't wait to continue reading!
DUH chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
the most blatant self-insert i've seen in a while
DDwelling chapter 7 . 5/14/2012
i love it! keep it up! gl in grad school
Tam chapter 7 . 5/9/2012
why havent you updated thisssss?

please update soon!
Kay chapter 7 . 5/6/2012
"Are your parents Muggles, then?" Elijah asked curiously. While he still felt a bit uneasy around the four teenagers, he was quickly beginning to warm up to them. "Professor Dumbledore explained to me how sometimes magical children are born to non-magical parents like my mum. If magical ability is a hereditary trait passed on from parent to child, then shouldn't it be quite impossible that a magical child is born from non-magical parents?

Ron and Ginny exchanged a horrified look, but Hermione seemed very pleased by Elijah's question. "I have often asked myself that very question! You would think that there would be some sort of scientific basis for magic, but there simply isn't! It defies logic which is just mind-boggling to me."

Hi there! I love this story so far. However, you should probably change the part above because there is a genetic basis for the "magic gene." If you have a solid foundation in basic genetics, you might be able to figure it out. Basically, it seems that magic is an autosomal recessive gene. So, when two Muggle that have the Aa non-magic allele pair have a child, there's a 25% chance that child will have the aa allele pair and be magical. Thus, the fact that magic children are born of non-magic parents makes the genetics of magic all the more sensible.

Also, if a Squib is born of two magical parents (which is rare), that is probably due to some rare mutation of a gene that is essential for magic. Perhaps, if that squib had two parents that were too closely related and shared this rare mutation, the Squib had that rare mutation on both alleles. Thus, this then opposes the Pureblood lore that marrying Muggleborns is bad - it is, in fact, genetically healthier and better for your magic!

LOL. I spend way too much time thinking about these sorts of things. Great story! Elijah's character is fantastic and very believable.

Kay
Shannon the Original chapter 7 . 4/15/2012
please update soon and severus must have told voldemort about elijah being harry shouldn't he? so he will know soon?
StarkidLuna chapter 6 . 12/9/2011
i love this story i hope you can write soon
notyourkind chapter 7 . 10/9/2011
oh no! not get another story that I start to love and then notice it hasn't been updated for a year! please, pleeease update
Cpt. Typho chapter 7 . 7/2/2011
I was really surprised to see this story only have 75 reviews. Its really different in a good way and well written. Do you have it where only account users can review? Maybe its the summary. I almost did not read the story due to the summary but tried it because it was in one of my favorite communities. If your disappointing that you did not receive many reviews, I feel you because I'm quite confused is to why there are so little reviews. The story was amazing and hope you update. Maybe try re-posting it with a different summary like "A young green-eyed boy wants nothing more than to be ordinary. Fate, however, has other plans. When he sets out to prove that the red-eyed man he dreams of is real, he discovers much more than that: he is the missing Boy-Who-Lived, savior of the wizarding world." I thought until I saw the last three words that this was a story about a muggle. Most people read only the first sentence and if its not interesting skip it. Hope I helped and that you write more!
Vaughn Tyler chapter 7 . 6/14/2011