Reviews for What the Children See
labasignai chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Nice story. And it would be even nicer if there was a sequel to it.
moodiful819 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
I liked this. Not only because it had Shiho in it, but because it was one of those quiet and mysterious oneshots that are so subtle that you miss something and when you go back, you find something more.

And I think I'd like to see something from Shiho's perspective (only if you have time). And is Shiho really that old? Just curious.
chibiraistgaaravamp chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
why! what happened? nice story though
Colourscape chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
Ahh...so sweet! C: I like the mood you set and the way you characterized Shikamaru. And not many people write about Shiho so props for that! _ Very nicely written; I like the overall mood and where this took place; for a graveyard this story isn't especially that sad; rather it sounds very...oh, a story that makes you smile in the end.

Ah, I'd like to see more works like this in the future~ ) Good word choice, and I especially liked:

"She didn’t answer. Her hands held together as she prayed, that wisp of a smile already gone… He looked at her and wondered. He’d been outside the village a couple of times, and had heard the saying- “old soul.” Someone who had seen more than their generation, and aged with its knowledge. Though he knew civilians hated shinobi, and despised them as killers, their children that would grow up like them were pitied, and called by such a saying."

I don't really know how to explain it, but that really stood out to me. C: