Reviews for Shattered Frames
Mysterylover17 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
wow powerful! Very powerful...I don't think murder would stand up in court because Holmes was defending a child. It would be interesting to see how/if Holmes recovers after this incident. Good work so far.
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
I realize I already reviewed, but it was a selfish and very self centered so I just wanted to say fabulous job overall. If I find some links for you, will you please continue? I also liked how the conversation had the feel of being said inside the comforts of Baker street. You had me shocked when I found out it was in a prison.
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
Your title is very deep. I am, at the moment, having extreme trouble finding a title for a fic. It is a dark fic like this, but for the Les Miserables fandom. It is about how one of the students comes from an abusive family and when his mother gets ill he has to go back and face it again. I rather like this fic though and sorry to make this review all about me.
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
I thought the story was wonderful but the title self-explanatory and subtle. The second note probably removed some of the subtlety.

I really loved the story though.
Olivia Greene chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Wow... that was... wow! Good grief, what on earth has happened to my vocabulary? This just leaves you stunned and staring at the screen for a moment after reading it. Intricate and deep. *gives up looking for her vocabulary* Wow.

Don't worry Holmes, what with you track record and the fact that you shot in self-defense (apparently even though HE wasnt in danger, if you're able to help someone else and do, it's still self-defense - or something like that. Guess I should pay more attention in Law class... ,) I'm sure you'll be let off the hook.
shedoc chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
i don't have any links for you but temporary insanity is a law thats been on the books only recently, however he was acting in the defence of the remaining child, and argument could be made in self defence if the deceased had continued his murderous spree

thats assuming that holmes doesn't crack uner the pressure of solitary confinement

mycroft would help. watson would go to him
VHunter07 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Oh gosh, that is depressing! But very well written and emotive. I almost cried at the end. And the only flame you'll be getting from me is WHY aren't you continuing this? There's whole story in here somewhere! I can feel it! :)

Great job and thanks for sharing it with us!
Osa chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
I'm sorry. I like your writing, but I do not like this story. Anyone who saw what Holmes saw would have done the same thing to protect the other child and there is no law, that I know of (and my husband was in law enforcement for 31 years) that would call anyone a murderer for saving a child's life. Actually, he'd probably get a medal!
gabrielsangel79 chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
This is a very dark story indeed, but still I think it could be a likely situation.
KaizokuShojo chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Aw, that's so very sad...D:

Blargh, you've evoked a strong emotional response again. XD Not a frequent occurance...

Excellent. I would love to see more but would be far too sad to see it through. :(
Cat chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Dark indeed, but very well-written...and I must say, I can see how it might have happened...
Wirral Bagpuss chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
*sniffs and blows nose* I need to get a new box of tissues. That made me cry. Thank you for such a touchingly beautiful chapter. Will there be more?
sherlockiANNE chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
You did a good job, but now I think you need to write a sequel to this... like you know maybe the trial, what happens after...
KCS chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Woah. Dark indeed. But I think it's sadly IC, because I firmly believe Watson was the only anchor that kept him from straying over that very very fine line between justice and law byeond repair. Where the heck was he when this happened?

Legally speaking, too...I doubt a case for murder would hold up in court, specially in those days and in defense of a child.

Though granted, the media will be having a field day. Ergh.

*steels self for more depression*
AmatorLinguae chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
No flames from this quarter! Quite an original topic, and I can actually see how that might happen... especially considering the 3GAR incident. The description was chilling, and Watson's dialogue very in-character. Please do continue! :)