Reviews for Getting to Know You
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 6/27
That was the funniest thing I have read in some time. Brilliant.
TA Salmalin chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
This story is completely hilarious. Nothing like a (sort of) outside perspective to show you what a complete mess of crazies Avalanche is!
Sulphurya chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Oh Cid how I love thee! xD

This was brilliant! You really captured his personality and the world behind his blue eyes. I may never look at Vincent seriously again, tho...

*faves*
sakR9 chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
You're making me love Cid.

I think Tifa should have been named Busty, not Chesty :P

Loved everything, but there wasn't enough Cloud bashing :D ahahaa
VeelaChic chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
Oh Gaia, I was dying laughing the entire time.

My favorite part:

"Cid couldn’t decide whether the builder of that thing had been on really nasty shit or really awesome shit."

Hahahaha, gotta love Reeve. For that matter, gotta love Cid.
Teyke chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
The pound-dollar-percentage signs are showing up fine over here! And I snickered the whole way through this, hee.
QueenAhems chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
What a wonderfully, delightful and humourous story from Cid's POV! It's rare to find such interesting tales like these, and I'm glad to have found it.

It was certainly fun and entertaining to see him potter around his ship in almost comical despair and confusion at the ragtag team along for the ride.

I'm glad you chose Cid, because who wouldn't love him? LOL. His humour never ends, along with the smoking and vulgarities.

Thanks for a great fic.

Till then, happy writing. :)
serenbach chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Yeah, Cis is probably the sanest member of Avalance. I really enjoyed reading his first impressions, but I think my favourite line was: "Cid figured he’d be useless in their current predicament unless he could somehow figure out a way to harness the mystery cape wind."

I should stop reading your fics in work, they're making me laugh too much and I'm going to into trouble!
Ron and his Sakura chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Perched front and center of the wing was the broody guy, face staring stoically over the sea while his cape flowed out majestically behind him in a breeze Cid was pretty sure wasn’t there.

That would be a fun task. He could rig up his spear as a mast pole, tie one end of the cape to the top and one to the bottom and then start reciting emo poetry to get the wind howling. They’d be at cruising speed in no time

I don't know why but this thing about the non-existent wind had me ROLLING. for not knowing who half the chara were, i really enjoyed this. btw, i don't think i've ever seen u write someone with such a potty mouth before. i guess cid's quite the salty dude.
Qwi-Xux chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
This was fantastic. The whole thing made me giggle, but there were parts that had me in stitches. You did an amazing job with Cid's perspective on his situation and on each character. If I put quoted every line that I loved I'd end up quoting a quarter of the story. I think the one that made me laugh the hardest-okay, two...darn it, three? Well, here are some of my favorites:

"Normally, he just didn’t give a crap. But Chesty was a whole other kettle of fish. She could pound the giving of a crap into him while pounding all the other crap out of him."

and

"Cid couldn’t decide whether the builder of that thing had been on really nasty shit or really awesome shit. He couldn’t figure out why these people, upon seeing it, decided not to run screaming away, but to travel with it instead."

and

"Even if Chesty borrowed Pinky’s staff and did a little dance around it along the roadside, the moment the driver got a look at the bunch of freakjobs that would come along with her, they’d all be eating exhaust fumes."

There were other parts that stick out too-Yuffie's "conversation" with him, Vincent and the emo poetry to get the wind howling...

Yeah. All around, it was great fun. Thanks for the laughs. _

(Your symbol curse words showed up fine on my end.)
Mr. Qwerty chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
"He could rig up his spear as a mast pole, tie one end of the cape to the top and one to the bottom and then start reciting emo poetry to get the wind howling". Simply priceless.

This is professional-level writing, which should not really surprise anyone who follows your work. I hope to read more from you soon.