Reviews for Allusions
thealluretodarkness chapter 51 . 1/30/2015
I wish the show went down like this, with that awful storyline. I don't get how Chuck could fall for Elle. I mean, seriously? Most beautiful woman he had ever seen, the best night of his life, for real Chuck? It made no sense to me. Because we all know that the best night of Chuck's life and the most beautiful woman to him is Blair. He was so OOC in that episode. I love the changes you made to it, and the fact he thought it was Blair, it makes more sense that way.
thealluretodarkness chapter 50 . 1/19/2015
I really enjoyed the first segment. Chuck and Blair getting jealous and possessive, even back then when things where just starting between them was just so them. You write Chuck and Blair so well. Also love the second segment with her comparing Chuck and Nate to an angel and the devil, but the devil (Chuck) had won. The way you capture Chuck and Blair is just so interesting.
thealluretodarkness chapter 49 . 1/19/2015
This chapter was fantastic. I've never actuary seen Gilmore Girls before, but I've heard about it from friends. Now that it's on Netflix I may end up watching it. I loved the comparison of Rory and Jess, to Chuck and Blair, and hearing Blair's thoughts on it.

Also really loved the last segment. I think you described Chuck so well in that segment. Loved Chuck comforting her as well.
thealluretodarkness chapter 48 . 1/19/2015
I really loved all the segments here. I really like how Blair was trying to be there for Chuck, despite how hard it was for her, and despite his self destructing. I like how at the end of that one he asked her in his own way to come to Bart's will reading.

I also love how you contrasted the limo scene and her night with Jack on New Years. How she practically wished it was Chuck on new years. It shows how things change between them with the night of the limo, compared to New Years. New Years she regretted it. The night of the limo sex, it changed things between them. Loved those comparisons. Also love your analogy of Chuck and Blair. That they would either be lovers or enemies, but that there is no in between. There would be no warm friendship, no acquaintances. It's just so true in my mind.

Also while the last one was angsty, it was also angst written well. And I love how you contrasted what marriage would be like with Nate, someone else, versus being with Chuck.
thealluretodarkness chapter 47 . 1/19/2015
I really enjoyed this one. Probably one of my favorites so far. I too think Jack's reasoning for hating Chuck goes far beyond him being made CEO of a Bass Industries. I think he's jealous of Chuck having captured Blair's heart. That he fell in love with her and vice-versa, but she regtetted what she did with Jack, when he thinks he wants her. I think you wrote Jack's POV so spot on.

I also love c that he confessed he loved Blair to Jack. It proved his belief that Chuck didn't love Blair notion to Jack wrong.
thealluretodarkness chapter 46 . 1/18/2015
Loved this. I think you write Jack perfectly in character, with his usual creepiness. Love how Blair got Jack to bring Chuck home, and how she basically told him he will never be Chuck. That's how I could see it going down too.
thealluretodarkness chapter 45 . 1/8/2015
Loved how you added some lighter stuff with this angst. It makes it easier to swallow, although I think you write angst extremely well. I loved Blair confronting Chuck about going to prague when he needed her. Glad at the end they where there for each other. Because truthfully Nate wasn't and Chuck was like her only friend at the time.

Also love how you went a bit dark in this chapter with the whole Jack/Blair thing. Loved how you did that scene, and she still thought about Chuck when with Jack.
thealluretodarkness chapter 44 . 1/8/2015
Really loved Chuck's phone call to Blair. His need to hear her voice somehow making Chuck feel better. But of course Blair not wanting to go through that again. So in character. You write emotion so well. I also loved the last segment with Jack bringing Chuck back from Thailand, but him wishing it was Blair.

I can genuinely see it going down like that based off the Chuck, Jack, headmistress Quelled scene we got in 2x14. He seemed quite surprised to see Chuck, like he didn't even remember seeing Jack in Thailand. So I don't think he knew it was Jack, and I could see him hallucinating and thinking it was Blair.
thealluretodarkness chapter 43 . 1/7/2015
Really loved this chapter too. I could picture Blair doing that to Chuck when he got drunk, because she genuinely cares. And of course Nate being completely oblivious to it. Love the scene he walked in on with Chuck and Blair curled up next to each other. And of course Nate being too clueless to understand.

I also really loved the last two segments, they almost go hand and hand together. I love your thought process for Chuck. How even though he knows he loves her, he doesn't believe he can be with her. That he believes he has to let go of her for her to be happy. Feeling that he will be her downfall. Was very spot on I though, and I loved it! You write angst so well.
thealluretodarkness chapter 42 . 1/7/2015
This chapter was hands down, my favorite so far. The emotional turmoil the characters when through this chapter was written so realistically and written very well. It was angsty, but it was angst written well.

I love how you really showed how it was Blair who has really been there for Chuck all these years, and probably will always be the one there for him. The one that genuinely cares for him, even if he doesn't want her to be. I also love the emotion you put into it. From the way it is tearing Blair a part, to who Chuck is hitting rock bottom. And how he feels he is dying inside, yet Blair is the only who can see it, or understand it. Nate is too oblivious, and Serena just doesn't understand it.

The last segment was also really interesting. In this segment I also really saw a lot of similarities between Eleanor and Bart. Both in the way they parent their child, and the way they put their business before family. It was an interesting observation I think. Really love how Bart is so taken with Blair, and how Blair is not afraid of Bart at all. Really shows how strong and intimidating she is herself. And that Bart see's it as a strong quality in her.
thealluretodarkness chapter 41 . 1/7/2015
Really loved how in the first two segments Chuck and Blair got possessive of each other. From Chuck sabatoging Blair's date, to Blair urging Justine to Take Chuck Bass as a date, but demanding it would be nothing more than dancing, in particular Blair Waldorf fashion. Loved it!

Also the last segment was ready good. How Chuck and Blair went from having a really genuine sweet moment, with dancing in everything. It was very intimate. A part of himself he only does Blair. Then in a heartbeat it turns sad and angsty. Got to admit, I love angst, and love the way you write it. So great job on that.

Looking forward to more :)
thealluretodarkness chapter 40 . 12/30/2014
Loved the Chuck and Bart interaction in this chapter. Kind of thought he would have a PI to spy on Chuck with. What surprised me is how supportive Bart served to be of him and Blair. And I loved that fact.

Also really like the segment about the AU Pair. And how Chuck went from disliking Blair, because of his friendship with Nate, to starting to become fascinated with her. Which we all know develops into something so much more later on. I also thought the Narrative about the AU pair making Chuck his womanizing self was spot on.

I really liked the last segment as well. With Chuck and Nate getting drunk, but being invite to Blair's for thanksgiving. I like how he seems to be so inviting of Chuck, and even seems to like him.
thealluretodarkness chapter 39 . 12/30/2014
I loved this chapter. Each chapter v just keeps getting better and better. I really loved Chuck's late night visit to Blair's. I'll never understand why we never got a scene like that in canon
I'm surprised that in canon he didn't show up to her birthday party. This makes up for it, and is completely believable.

I love how Eleanor seemed to be approving of Chuck, and Cyrus too. I think in season 2 is when Eleanor became more approving of Chuck. I also love his gift for Blair, and his difficulty of restraining himself. So CB.

The last segment was also very interesting. From Serena's constant judgment of Blair's affair with Chuck, her not understanding what Blair sees in Chuck, and constantly encouraging her to tell Nate. I love how she was honest with herself as well as with Serena why she wanted to keep it a secret. Because she felt it was real.
thealluretodarkness chapter 38 . 12/29/2014
I really loved all three segments here. Love how Limos became Chuck and Blair's thing after their first time. Love the idea of Chuck bringing other girls into the Hotel banned, it's something I could have seen as a rule between the two of them.

The last segment was really cute. Chuck and Blair being completely honest and understanding of each other. From there problems with there parents, to Blair's troubles with Nate and Serena. I also love the foreshadowing you used in that segment.
thealluretodarkness chapter 37 . 12/29/2014
This chapter was angsty, but well written and I loved it. The third segment at least. The c way you captured Blair's emotions and heartbreak over Chuck was ready l really realistic to her character. It was sad seeing her go back to her old ways because of it, but very realistic to her character. Poor Blair.

I also really liked the first segment. I'm guessing it's during their affair between 1x07-1x10? Truthfully, I can never get enough about reading that, and you write it so well. I loved Blair using the necklace he bought for her against him, as we all know Chuck Bass has a weakness for the nape of the neck.

Segment two was interesting to hear Blair's thoughts about how she feels about loving Chuck Bass and she knew she was in love with him. How she didn't plan to, but did any way. You capture emotions really well.
502 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »