Reviews for Great Sorrows
GWBear chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
A great story. Really enjoyed this.

While I am a faithful holder to the Doyle canon, I have always regretted the rather haphazard way the details of Watson's personal life, especially his marriages (more than two?), were handled. How long did they last? Where there any children somewhere? Some divorces? What were all their names (besides Mary, the first one)?

It's always nice to see the way details are filled in by those that came after...
Deleted11152015 chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
A great story. I especially liked the part where Watson had gotten the Bsskerville case written up for Holmes.
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
Lovely! This nearly made me cry. Well done.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Ow...My jaw hurts from clenching it so tightly. Wonderdul one-shot, I really liked it. I'm a little jittery from reading something else.

Keep writing!
Swamp Adder chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Oh, wow. You're quite right that losing stuff like that is something that everyone can sympathize with; but it would have been about a hundred times worse for Watson, losing a part of what little he has left of his friend. This was very moving.
smallrose chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
beautiful explanation for the time of the publication of the Hound of the Baskervilles
VHunter07 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Wow, that was just...amazing. I don't believe I've ever read a oneshot that was so packed with emotion and fact at the same time. Completely amazing. I am quite sorry for KCS' loss, but I'm glad you shared this story with us! :) Definitely one I will be reading again.
pebbles66 chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
This is so well-done! Excellent.

I had planned to write something for KCS along these same lines, but I have no doubt that yours is infinitely better. I truly think this is one of the best things you've written.
Westron Wynde chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
You wrote it that quick? Well, I'm... staggered. How do you do it? :)

All those stories lost to fire... the Victorian equivalent of modern day computer failure. A great sorrow indeed then as now.

Well done. Enjoyed it!
Account Not Found chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Ahh...the Malfunctioning Computer of Holmes' many of us have experienced that before...

Great writing! So sad to think that Watson lost 'The Hounds'...
ScarletteQuill chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Wow. I mean, WOW. That pained me more than some of the better deathfics I've read, but I'm a magpie to the ninth degree. Excellent work, especially on such short notice. & my condolences to KCS computer death is tough, and evil.
KCS chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I was completely taken aback by how fast this was written and put up - so much so that it combined with the subject matter made me emotionally incapable of reviewing until now.

I cried along with Mrs. Hudson and Watson at the end; many times I've wondered just how bad the fire in Baker Street was, and this was heartwrenching. Ten years is a long time; it never occurred to me that he might have it done that long before. I'm still teary about it, actually.

But a theraputic kind of sadness, I think, and so thank you very, very much. And it ended on a lovely note, not a sad one at all, and so thank you for the smile as well. I really do appreciate it.
Pompey chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Oh gosh. I'm blown away by the speed this was completed in and the topic of the heartwrenching death of a story . . . untold numbers of stories. It never is the same rewritten.

But I'm eternally grateful Watson did get the case written, and that you wrote this.
Sarai chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I like it. Dead computers, been there done that, bought a portable hard drive.