Reviews for Master of None
rose.tinted.lies chapter 3 . 8/6/2010
I'm speechless!

This story was so amazing and breathtaking and nerve-wracking, oh my goodness. Poor Sammy!

Thank you for the fantastic read! :)
DragonChild85 chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
*blinks at her now shredded thumb* Wow. Not many stories can pull me so far in that I actually start chewing on my thumb...this one did.

Great story. The ending felt a bit abrupt...I really would have liked to see another chapter, just some closing more than this. Nothing against this ending, not at all, doesn't sit well with me. I still have the feeling that Dean and John may find Sam hanging in the bathroom later, ya know?

But still...great, amazing and stunning piece of work here. I'm a bit at a loss on how to further praise this...what I read in the last 3 chapters is of higher quality than I usually find in books at the library. Just...excellent work here guys. Amazing.
Gohanzgirl chapter 3 . 3/25/2010
absolutely loved it!
Me chapter 3 . 12/9/2009
That was beautifully written! You did an amazing job of capturing each Winchester's voice, personality and motivation.
ASadisticWhim chapter 3 . 5/22/2009
I love this story, even though I find the ending to be horribly depressing. But I think that's only because the ending is realistic.

I love how there were resounding elements that kept reappearing through out. I think my favorite one was that all three of them at one time thought "He just doesn't get it." I've felt this way a million and three times in my life, and looking at the Winchesters, it so fits them perfectly. They're a family and they love each other, but they're so different that they're not even sure where to begin coping.

Okay, I'll stop blabbering on. I just wanted to let you know that I loved the story, and that you did an amazing job. D
Johanna C chapter 3 . 5/20/2009
loved the story! great writing and pacing! and it totally tugs at the heartstrings... -sniffles- thanks for the great read! :)
TammiTam chapter 3 . 5/18/2009
Really awesome story here! Words just can't describe, your writing truly moved me.
amyblair chapter 3 . 4/27/2009
I finished and I've been meaning to reply. I want you to both know how much I loved this story. I've never seen a Jack before and I so love the way you wrote it. The way it speaks - "What's that you say?", how it edged closer with the "Too scared? Too hurt? Or perhaps you were damaged from the start?" LOVED IT.

I also really enjoyed Dean's Clint Eastwood moment - the "I can hear you fine asshole, can you hear this..."

I really like how you keep this depressive tone/feel throughout the story, but it still MOVES. I love the flashes to John and Dean and how they are each dealing differently.

I like that we find Sam in the 2nd chapter and then we go to the hospital and all of the recuperating. You write it all very well.

I also like that you let us see what they are all feeling but they never really achieve an expression of understanding. Even at the end, it ends nicely, but it's not a happy ending which is exactly how it should be.

Totally enjoyed this. Bravo to both of you. You had me.
amyblair chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
I'm sorry it's taking me a bit to get to this story. It's been in my alert basket to read. I'm finally getting around to it.

I am LOVING this story! I don't think I know who Authoressnebula is, but I will have to check her out. Also, I don't remember ever reading anything by Faye. I am so behind.

So, I don't know if you are taking turns writing with each chapter or if you are taking turns within the chapter, but this first part flows so poetically I felt like it came from one person.

I loved the little lines like "Keep it simple, Sam." A nice knock off of KISS, with Sam switched out for Stupid. Nice job.

I liked the 'It was so black and white. Nor margin for disagreement.'

I loved the 'There were some battles to fight, some to let go and some to fight in secret.' That is so true for this whole show and especially this season with all of Sam's current issues. I have thought this before and tried to say it but you girls said it perfectly here.

'Now if there could just be a spur of the moment wet t-shirt contest, he'd be in heaven.' I thought that was great!

I LOVED that when Dean went to interview the college girls, that you changed their names until one finally stuck. Loved it, loved it. And then you hit with a whammy with 'The other lesson? That he had missed out on a lot by not going to college. Aw. Poor Dean. Made my heart ache for him.

The Spring Heeled Jack in general was cool and creepy and awesome! Love his description (complete with the cape) and totally dug the way he talked. I adore him in a horrible kind of way. He kind of reminded me of an odd version of Jack the Ripper.

I knew Sam was going to get taken, but you wrote it so well that I was on the edge of my seat.

Great, great job. I'll be reading the next chapter tonight!
Farrahmack chapter 3 . 4/14/2009
Wow ! Awesome! poor Sammy!
kalina-blue chapter 3 . 4/5/2009
Great story. I really liked how you described Sam's depression, both before and after the hunt.
Floralia chapter 3 . 3/29/2009
I just love the tone that you kept up all the way through this. It manages to be SO depressing, without it feeling like you're really trying to, and without being manipulative. The fact you can see where they are all coming from just makes it worse, because they’re each trying, just not seeing each others view point.

I love John and Sam in this, how as much as he defers to Dean, John is still there to comfort and be a care giver. And Sam’s decision at the end is all the more heartbreaking because we know exactly how the effort worked out for him.

This is so good on so many levels – an interesting and creepy baddie, more gross home surgery, and some interesting character observations. Pluse Sam was all sleepy, which always gets you bonus points.
Lucian32 chapter 3 . 3/28/2009
awesome fic thank you
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 3 . 3/27/2009
Beautiful honey! Loved this ending...poor Sammy!

*hugs him*

*Smishes you!*

Madebyme chapter 3 . 3/27/2009
Congratulations on a great fic, you both certainly work well together and I hope you are planning on working on another project.

What a heartbreaking ending to a heartbreaking tale. What with all the miscommunication and misunderstandings and despite everyone's best intentions, it seems that the Winchester's are setting themselves up for the big blow out before Sam's departure to Stanford. You've done a great job of capturing this complicated time-period, so well done guys.

The character introspection was awesome and you really delved deep into each character’s mindset, giving them valuable reasoning for why they act the way they do. This really helps to keep the story balanced and I especially liked seeing a softer side to John.

Great fic and thank you for sharing. Take care, Madebyme.x