Reviews for Master of None
Angel Spirit chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
wow...((gets all starry eyed here)) you and Faye should team up in writing fics more often, you know that? Seriously, I couldn't list all the wonderful things I have to say about this fic because then this review would go on and on forever! And I feel like I already leave long enough reviews sometimes...LOL!

I *loved* the interraction that you guys had with Dean, Sam, and John and the fact that it was set preseries before Sam went to Stanford-that time setting for some odd reason, has become one of my favorites for a read...so thank you for that! You guys had a lot of things going for this fic that made it all seem so *real* like it was something that could've happened-John pushing Sam to his limits, Dean being incredibly overprotective of Sam and yet at the same time pushing him to do better as well...and Sam...I just wanted to give Sam a big hug half the time! Poor Sammy...he tried so hard and yet still didn't get the acceptance that he wanted from Dean and John, even in the end-it was just starting to slowly go in that direction. *Grins sheepishly* though I do say the Sammy angst and hurt was beautifully well done, so major kudo's for that. Kudo's also, for making Sam strong even when the Jack was beating on him...I like it when Sam get's picked on and yet he still holds his ground till' the end. In all honestly like I said before, I couldn't continue listing all the wonderful things I have to say about this fic, so I think I'll simply leave it here and add it to my favorites!
vonnie836 chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
How sad that by protecting Sam from the truth John actually separated him from the family. Sam remembers what happened when he was six month old, yet he doesn't and he feels that John knows and keeps it from him. Everything John is doing to bring Sam closer and to protect him makes him drift further away, because they don't speak the same language. No matter how well John means, as long as he doesn't learn to speak Sam, he just can't win. And even Dean understands only part of it. Yet it is so awesome to see how hard John tries. His love and dedication to his youngest comes out so much when he collapses. No time for drinking or peeing or doing anything then sit by Sam to make sure he will be okay. Yet this is all it is, he is sitting beside him but not with him because of the language barrier. And when at home, he feels so helpless that he goes back to being the marine and orders Sam to do what he feels is right, not because he doesn't love him but because he does. And that's where the first breakthrough comes. He understands what Sam is trying to say even when Dean doesn't. Yet once again he hurts Sam first and in turn makes Dean hurt Sam, all in good intentions. And then it dawns on him that for once in a life there might be instructions for Sam. Post Concussion Syndrome, good one, it explains everything and the miracle happens and there is a favorable response from Sam. And everyone is amazed by it. Now if only Sam would have come with instructions like that when he was born, things actually might have turned out or maybe it would have just taken Mary to live to teach both father and son to understand each others language.

Sam, he feels scared and disconnected and misunderstood and with the way he feels just is unable to break through. He feels like a complete failure and every effort his dad makes is misinterpreted by him. That is until John reads the instructions. And as the miracle of his dad asking him what he wants unfolds, Sam is suddenly thinking that maybe he could make an effort to change things. Maybe if he gives his dad what he wants then his dad will give him something he wants also. Suddenly there is an understanding that family is give and take. And there are a lot of things his dad and brother are doing that really means a lot to him.

So things are not going to get worse but they are not going to get better. And might I add, maybe if they just stay where they are at right now, it would be okay because sometimes you just have to look at the world through the other persons eyes.

And now that I have done it again, also I really didn't want to, I just have to tell you that you make an awesome team. I also want to say thanks to the people who inspired this story and the ones that helped make it what it is by betaing. What a great bunch. I really loved this. Thanks again and hugs to all of you, Vonnie
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
This is so sad! I really feel for Sam knowing that Dean and John don't understand him completely!

excellent ending!
skag trendy chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
A fantastic final chapter and completely heart breaking. I really don't know what else to say, there's so much that's good about it, but it's easily one of the best fics I've read of late.

Well done darling. Great story. And I love that the villain originated from my home country.

Kind regards,

ST x
ziggy.uk chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
You really got the gulf between Sam and John and Dean there, no matter how hard they tried Sam was still an enigma to them. Not that they didn't care, they did but somehow often missed the mark, like with the tomato soup, not realising that it was too acid for Sam until he managed to get the words out. John tried hard to make amends for his shortcomings with Sam but it was so alien to his youngest that it was hard to believe and he still felt it was all his fault. And Sam's slow road to recovery from his injury was hard for all of them to adjust to.

Great final sentence - And sleep came to Sam, warm and cold all at once, as he tried to be okay with the fact the day probably wasn’t going to get any worse, but it certainly wasn’t going to get any better, either.

A really enjoyable read, thanks.
Just A Fan chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
Ah, that was absolutely wonderful! You are truly a gifted writer with the most tantalizing story ideas. I only wish I could do my own work as much justice as you do. Haha, thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us, and I hope to see more from you soon!

- Just A Fan
Dianne chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
This is an amazing story and I love the long chapters. Sam's recovery is more realistic than most stories with that type of injury. Most stories have that type of thing recovered in a day or two and certainly, it is a lot more serious than that and mentioning the post concussive syndrome was clever too because coupled with Sam's not breathing, that would would take a long recovery and be very painful. I think Dean and John are very in character as well as Sam. Well done, looking forward to more.
calcium77 chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
It's over? Already? I loved it! So much angst...so much hurt Sam!

Great job. Thanks so much for writing and sharing!

kat
DreamShadows chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
That was perfect! So angsty and chocked full of despair and regret in the beginning and the start of understanding and even pride in the end, all winding up to a great read. :D

Wonderful story.

Take care,

DS
Darkest Water chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
wonderful :D
SamDeanLover28 chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
excellent.
carocali chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
“Wake him up. I’ve got soup, it’s tomato, you said that’s his favorite. Make sure he eats it all. The kid is nothing but skin and bones.”

That just broke my heart. John has to rely on Dean for "all things Sam." This family is just so warped and sad. For as much good as they do for others, they do no good for themselves.

Sad, engaging and sometimes a little bizarre with lots of limp; exactly how I love my SPN stories. Thanks for sharing!

:D
IheartSam7 chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
*claps furiously* That was lovely
gidgetgal9 chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
In my mind you girls captured the turmoil that was Sam's life growing up with the hunting minded John and Dean. You captured that so well but also were able to show that John and Dean really cared a lot about Sammy- they just didn't understand him. Wonderful angst filled story- loved every minute! You both are such wonderful writers and make awesome partners in crime! :0) Gidget
Thorny Hedge chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
Wow. Dark ending. Not what I expected. Nice. :)
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »