Reviews for Master of None
Just A Fan chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
Ah, that was absolutely wonderful! You are truly a gifted writer with the most tantalizing story ideas. I only wish I could do my own work as much justice as you do. Haha, thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us, and I hope to see more from you soon!

- Just A Fan
Dianne chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
This is an amazing story and I love the long chapters. Sam's recovery is more realistic than most stories with that type of injury. Most stories have that type of thing recovered in a day or two and certainly, it is a lot more serious than that and mentioning the post concussive syndrome was clever too because coupled with Sam's not breathing, that would would take a long recovery and be very painful. I think Dean and John are very in character as well as Sam. Well done, looking forward to more.
calcium77 chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
It's over? Already? I loved it! So much angst...so much hurt Sam!

Great job. Thanks so much for writing and sharing!

kat
DreamShadows chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
That was perfect! So angsty and chocked full of despair and regret in the beginning and the start of understanding and even pride in the end, all winding up to a great read. :D

Wonderful story.

Take care,

DS
Darkest Water chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
wonderful :D
SamDeanLover28 chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
excellent.
carocali chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
“Wake him up. I’ve got soup, it’s tomato, you said that’s his favorite. Make sure he eats it all. The kid is nothing but skin and bones.”

That just broke my heart. John has to rely on Dean for "all things Sam." This family is just so warped and sad. For as much good as they do for others, they do no good for themselves.

Sad, engaging and sometimes a little bizarre with lots of limp; exactly how I love my SPN stories. Thanks for sharing!

:D
IheartSam7 chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
*claps furiously* That was lovely
gidgetgal9 chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
In my mind you girls captured the turmoil that was Sam's life growing up with the hunting minded John and Dean. You captured that so well but also were able to show that John and Dean really cared a lot about Sammy- they just didn't understand him. Wonderful angst filled story- loved every minute! You both are such wonderful writers and make awesome partners in crime! :0) Gidget
Thorny Hedge chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
Wow. Dark ending. Not what I expected. Nice. :)
Von chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
Whoo hoo!

Great chapter. Amazing how you managed to save the best angst for last!

'He tried to think about his father asking him what he wanted, the couch or the bed, and tried not to think about how maybe he didn’t want either after all.' The best line in it, I think. Very prophetic.
Madebyme chapter 2 . 3/23/2009
Lovely chapter guys! Great description of the Jack here with his creepy moustache not to mention his distinctive personality and unhealthy motivations. Great baddie, I was almost sad to see him go!

The tracheotomy was expertly written. Not too gory but gruesome enough! And the fact the John had to do the procedure on his own son was a wonderful plot development, as was the fact that poor Dean had to watch.

As always your character POV's were skilfully written as they each picked apart their actions mentally. I find it hard to read some of John's feelings about Sam - he shouldn't have to earn his place his own family, it's sad to read.

I’m guessing that things aren’t about to get any better any time soon. Looking forward to more - I’m greedy like that! Take care, Madebyme.x
skag trendy chapter 2 . 3/22/2009
Sam's in a right state eh? Poor kid. Hope he survives surgery, and I suspect, knowing you like I do, that you won't make it easy on him.

John and Dean are pretty hard on Sam in this story, in fact it's rather interesting even when Sam's fighting for his life that John is still being hard on him. The notion that Sam still has to prove his worth, to earn his place as a Winchester is really so sad. That kind of acceptance should be given readily and unconditionally. I have the feeling Sam's going to be feeling pretty depressed when he eventually wakes up, and not just because of a crushed throat. I fear that any ideas John has about training him harder and longer are going to fly out the window when faced with his youngest sons's emotional state.

Wow! I really rambled on there eh? Sorry!

Love this chapter; it catered to all my Limp Sam needs and the angst was superb.

Kind regards,

ST x
Floralia chapter 2 . 3/22/2009
Every time I thing you aren’t going to be able to come up with a new and interesting (and gross) way of taking Sam down, you always manage to prove me wrong. But having John perform the trach and Dean have to watch adds an extra dimension to the whole thing. I love how you get into each character’s head and really make them question their choices. Their thought processes are always believable and in character, even if they don’t take the healthiest approach.
calcium77 chapter 2 . 3/22/2009
Geeze...how can John blame Sam for not being prepared since he did not train enough. he should feel like a failure as a father for putting him in danger in the first place.

Great story! I am really enjoying reading it!

Thanks!