Reviews for Hooded Sweatshirts, Candle Wax, and Burnt Coffee
Neverthetruth chapter 2 . 3/19/2014
Nice story :) No offence, but when I finished ch. 2 I really couldn't stomach another chapter - despite how much I wanted to. Gianna's thoughts are way too monotonic: a lot of these sentences begin with "I" and don't really vary in length, and it gets a little frustrating to read. Sometimes I just wanted to skip the whole paragraph because all those I's make it seem like Gianna's too self-centered to see beyond her own nose, even if I know it's not the case. It's astounding how sentence structure can affect an otherwise good piece of writing... You might want to vary your sentences a little :)
Guest chapter 17 . 10/8/2013
Loveddddd it
KeJae chapter 17 . 3/2/2012
I loved the story! You did a great job of understanding the perspectives and fellings of the characters!
ppl chapter 8 . 1/14/2012
Wow! IT all came out! In a DIFFERENT way.

I'm enjoying is so much I got tears in my eyes.

This story is what I've been looking for a long time. Something different in a very good way.

Cheers!
Laura chapter 8 . 3/3/2011
I don't usually review but, I love this story. Your style and characters are original, but also like the Persuasion characters. The plot is great, you've put your own stuff in. Yay, best fanfic I've read in a while :D
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 17 . 5/21/2010
I went through this all in one day, and really enjoyed it! Although I'm more of a Mr. Knightley kind of girl, I really loved this - I thought the gender swap was really cleverly done.

It was really interesting to see a female Frederick and a male Anne - I'm totally in love with Ben (just as I love Anne for her kindness and quiet strength of character), and it was interesting to note that while I deeply sympathised with Gianna, in the first half I almost disliked her for the way she was acting towards Ben. It's funny that although I've always felt Captain Wentworth was immature and resentful in the first half, I've never condemned him so much for it - maybe because I have a crush on him? This isn't a criticism of your story, btw - just some observations.

It was really good - although I would perhaps have liked to see a bit more of the Mr Elliot character, so that Gianna could have experienced a bit of jealousy and despair in her turn. But the ending was so quietly and realistically satisfying that I can totally overlook that.

Thank you for a really fun read!
tasw chapter 6 . 7/8/2009
i don't have much to say, except that I am really enjoying your story.
Crookshank chapter 17 . 7/4/2009
Very nice story, i loved reading it!
Crookshank chapter 12 . 7/4/2009
well it's nice!
Crookshank chapter 8 . 7/4/2009
oh my god! this kind of scene could not happen in an Austen book but is really realistic in the modern world. You mastered it!
Crookshank chapter 7 . 7/4/2009
the conversation in the car was great
Crookshank chapter 4 . 7/4/2009
It seems both or them are genuiely persuaded that the other doesn't like them!
Crookshank chapter 2 . 7/4/2009
so Gia/Frederick is not so ready to have a flirt now, it seems
Crookshank chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
very interesting idea, mixing the genre swapping and the change of point of view in one story
Kathy chapter 17 . 6/19/2009
Wow I loved this story! Gianna and Ben were great characters and I loved all their friends!

I have two teeny-tiny suggestions: there wasn't a lot of Ben/Gianna interaction, so as a reader I never to really see them together. I really only knew how great they were for each other from other's opinions and Gianna's thoughts. Also, the ending was a little abrupt. I would have loved to see their wedding, or maybe their friend's reactions to their getting together/wedding.

I really loved it though! Usually I don't like Persuasion fics but yours was really good! Keep writing!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »