Reviews for Romancing the Black Pearl
BookFinder chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
this is the funniest thing i have ever read. jesus christ i cannot stop laughing.
obsessivesyndrome chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
LOL i think i died laughing! I love how clueless the pirates are and how Ragetti gets all these bright ideas. And the macaw is the best! I love how it interjects those explicit innuendos in the middle of the planningXD
sm.bean chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Oh..my...goodness!

This was so comical and sweet. I loved it! I don't know if I laughed more at Cotton's parrot or at Pintel's off-kilter suggestions.

Your nautical innuendos are perfect, right on key. Of course, the one I found most hilarious is the last line. It actually made me snort.

""Salty wench! Raaaauuch! Prepare to be boarded!""

What I most favor about your stories, is the relationship between Barbossa and Turk. Imagining this part in my mind made me smirk:

"Barbossa glanced at Turk, who was giving him a questioning look about where the awkward one-eyed gunner was coming up with the romantic ideas, and he shrugged a little, having no idea himself, but thankful that he was doing so."

Thank you for sharing this.

-bean.
Bloodsired chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Lol, The preparation for the Romantic night with May is so hilarious. Im so impress to Ragetti's idea, his really one hell of a smart guy. No wonder he able to free Calypso. Great job!
ThePirateFangirl chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
I read this back before I had an account, and I'm re-reading it. Again. :D

You've probably heard all of this before, but I'm going to say it anyways.

I love how you make Ragetti such a romantic! He's one of my favorite characters, so reading him like this makes me squee.

I also liked Pintel's suggestion for jam. Because, everyone loves jam. XD

And finally, Cotton's parrot. I suppose that's where the 'innuendo' bit comes in, but it's just so funny in it's own way.

All in all, very nice! :D
White Shade chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
I love how you showed Ragetti's romantic/caring side. I do agree that Pintel wouldn't be the right person to ask for the romance type of stuff with what he was giving out as suggestions (which also made the story funny too). I liked this a lot, and even though it didn't fit into the big story, it works great as a one shot!

~White Shade
The Imaginative Light chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
XD This whole bit is so true and I can just see this happening! That bird will receive a bullet if he doesn't hush up soon XD

Cap'n's trying to impress and had no know how. So incredible!
Kimauri chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Cotton needs to shoot that bird...;) Poor guy. He's lucky Barbossa has such a skewd sense of humor. The darn parrot's more amusing than offending, and really...that is REALLY lucky.

And yes, thank goodness for Ragetti. Never take romantic advice from Pintel. Eugh. Just...Creepy. Ragetti is definitely the unknowing genius, and apparently, romantic.
LittleVampirateXX chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Hey,

That was really funny and I loved the reference to the 'Calypso bit'. That made me laugh so much in the film! My friend was sitting next to me and he said (quite loudly may I add)"Well, he clearly gets a lot(!)" Anyway, I'm sure you didn't care about that little story, but whatever.

I felt sorry for Barbossa being teased so much! Without wanting to sound like an idiot... who is Turk?

Hugs to you.

XX
That Patriotic Chick chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
I just love your stories! My favorite part in this one was when Turk sugguested decorating the Black Pearl with floweres and I laughted at almost every word that came out of the parrots mouth. Poor Cotton!
katilia chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Hahaha... I swear I laughed every other sentence of this chapter... it's so odd hearing pirates try to plan something romantic.
Blue-Starlight92 chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
That parrot made me laugh so hard!

And "peasday rusty ants" was hysterical!
Belphegor chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
I think I would go "MWAHAHA" if it didn't sound like some drug-crazed cartoon villain. But it would be heartfelt if I did, I can assure you.

Between the infernal trio of Pintel, Turk and Ragetti (which I despaired to see, given that Master Turk has retired from piratin'), the parrot's saulty comments AND especially poor Cotton's reactions to it ("Cotton just buried his face in his hands" - poor man, I love this bit :D) his story is an instant favourite. Which I don't often do.

Oh, where to start, where to start... Ragetti? I love it when you expand the "speak like a lover" bit in AWE to have fun with his quirky but genuine sense of romance. Which makes you wonder about the kind of sexual experience the lad must've had, at least at some point. Do you Honorat? She's one of my other favourite writers in the PotC fandom; point is, she wrote "Ragetti is such a divine idiot-half the time you swear he's not got the sense to come in out of the rain; the other half he's ahead of everyone else." You portrayal of him reminded me of the description.

“The peasday rusty ants.” Big, big laugh here. Are you a Discworld reader? Because this reminds me of Sgt. Colon (from the Watch) mangling some Latin and French phrases (making "tout de suite" sound "toot sweet" for instance and I find it cute, actually :P).

Oh. (snorts) I can't tell you how much this story made me laugh. I do love it when you're being naughty. After all, some of the best comedy is actually about very violent stuff (or am I the only one who laughed at some over-the-top, Grand Guignolesque moments in "Kill Bill" or "Sweeney Todd"?) - why couldn't it be about sex, too?

It is, now, though :D

Thanks!

:o]
lfuller711 chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Wonderful Story, Nytd!

But now, you've got me desirous to read those other chapters that would have led up to this one.

Yeah! that means May obviously will choose Barbossa in the end! What other choice could she have made. Give me a Pirate over a Lieutenant any day of the week.

I love the innuendos and that parrot. Poor Cotton. I can see him cringing in my mind's eye. As another of my favorite writers of Barbossa said in one of her stories, Barbossa is the kind that would make a woman scream and enjoy every moment of it. He's not the kind for sweet talk on the pillows.

Please post the other chapters soon!

Turk is a great character and I'm dieing to find out how Barbossa and Turk get back together again. I've become a big fan of Turk's too. Of course, he still comes in second to my favorite swaggering peacock of the seven seas .

Thanks for sharing your stories with us!

Lynne

Las Vegas, NV
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
I'm so glad you decided to post this chapter! I remember when you first told me that you were thinking about writing something like this.

Jam, is all I have to say to that respect ;)

This was a really wonderful, funny, yet touching piece. I love how they're all attempting to help Barbossa in his "wooing" of May. It really does remind me of that great scene in A Knight's Tale, but better! Because it's been piratized.

Of course, Ragetti knows what he's bloody talking about! I always figured he would know more about women than everyone thought. He's a sweetheart