Reviews for A Brief History On The Theory of Chaos Emeralds
Starbolt Stories chapter 1 . 2/14
By this premise then, given eight years have gone by, what would've been next if the babylonian lore was being kept as inspiration for Sonic's canonical endeavors? Granted only perhaps Colours, Generations and Lost World could fit within that tonal premise of games, and the outlet of the series has loosened considerably since Unleashed happened.

Secondly, where might the other entities such as Chaos fit into this lore, or could it simply have been that Sonic Team only started using Babylonian texts as inspiration post Riders?

I'm also intrigued how you assigned the emerald colours, and how they would be assigned now, given their colours have changed since the original game. I ask because their god representations bear some very uncanny similarities to my own, albeit lesser researched connotations I have for the chaos emeralds, of a more elemental nature.
thesoniczone11 chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
The official colors of the Emeralds are Blue, Cyan, Yellow, Green, Red, Purple, and White
EmberQuill chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Wow, I found this totally by accident. It's certainly an interesting idea. When you mentioned the Dome of the Rock, and how it contains a stone that holds the earth together, I immediately thought of the Master Emerald, though I guess that wasn't the case. Then again, I was thinking about Sonic Adventure (where Chaos shatters the emerald when it emerges) since I haven't played Sonic Unleashed yet.

Once again, a very interesting idea.
Couragefan09 chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
That other reviewer is being rather simple minded LOL
Silhouette chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
I think you're looking too deeply into a nearly twenty-year-old videogame series with only the vaguest of canons; I don't think Yuji Naka was thinking about Babylonian creation lore while he was putting Green Hill Zone together and cursing out the water traps in the Labyrinth Zone.

You've evidently put a lot of thought into this, don't get me wrong. But trying to apply our universe's sense of logic and continuity to a game series that was never designed with an overall 'storyline' beyond 'fast blue guy jumps on the fat red-and-yellow guy' is like grabbing at smoke. So try not to get worked up, finding 'facts' to fit the puzzles :-)