Reviews for Degrees of Poison
An excellent short story. Artemis is a totally awesome character and you captured him really well. Your Holly is pretty good too. This scene was believable.
Estavius chapter 1 . 11/20/2016
I had half an expectation that this would continue after the sentimental and thoughtful ending, with Foaly breaking back in and just asking "So, what did he mean by 'elf-kissing'?"
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2016
This is so perfect, I don't like fanfiction in general, but I totally can see this happen. I think you kept the charakters perfectly.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
this is a great story. it's refreshing to see stories like these.
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 1 . 10/24/2015
Strong and well written
whitealmond chapter 1 . 4/19/2015
Wonderful and detailed character analysis. Would love to hear Artemis' thoughts on this exchange...
Guest chapter 1 . 4/19/2015
A thoughtful story and interesting too. One of my favourite fanfiction's as well.
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
Dear Tears:

It was the dry bite that did it, I think. Not that this story hadn't set itself apart from nearly all others even before that moment of greatness; it's rare indeed to see someone posing the right questions about good and evil, much less posing them so artfully. What does it mean for a villain to be redeemed? Must some of his villainous gifts necessarily be suppressed, or can all of them - even the most destructive - be turned to good ends? And what, in any event, are the ultimate loyalties by which ends are rightly judged to be good or evil? Even when ff is legitimately thought-provoking, it rarely provokes thoughts that good.

But then came Foaly's gentle reminder of just how subtle the matter really is, and I knew that I was reading something truly unique. A good metaphor always contains unexpected truths, but the power to see those truths and bring them forth at just the right moment - and to make it look effortless and inevitable: that's the mark of greatness. I only hope you can regard my Favorites list as a somewhat worthy setting for such a jewel.

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
shaadiaThePrincessOfWeird chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
I...love...this...SO MUCH.
Spannerspoon chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Brilliant! A very fitting way to describe Holly and Artemis - the bit with Foaly cracked me up!

Fantastically written, I loved it
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Very nice job with the extended metaphor. They're right in character, but canon tends to gloss over quiet moments like these.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2012