Reviews for Degrees of Poison
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 1 . 10/24
Strong and well written
whitealmond chapter 1 . 4/19
Wonderful and detailed character analysis. Would love to hear Artemis' thoughts on this exchange...
A thoughtful story and interesting too. One of my favourite fanfiction's as well.
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
Dear Tears:

It was the dry bite that did it, I think. Not that this story hadn't set itself apart from nearly all others even before that moment of greatness; it's rare indeed to see someone posing the right questions about good and evil, much less posing them so artfully. What does it mean for a villain to be redeemed? Must some of his villainous gifts necessarily be suppressed, or can all of them - even the most destructive - be turned to good ends? And what, in any event, are the ultimate loyalties by which ends are rightly judged to be good or evil? Even when ff is legitimately thought-provoking, it rarely provokes thoughts that good.

But then came Foaly's gentle reminder of just how subtle the matter really is, and I knew that I was reading something truly unique. A good metaphor always contains unexpected truths, but the power to see those truths and bring them forth at just the right moment - and to make it look effortless and inevitable: that's the mark of greatness. I only hope you can regard my Favorites list as a somewhat worthy setting for such a jewel.

shaadiaThePrincessOfWeird chapter 1 . 10/6/2014 MUCH.
Spannerspoon chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Brilliant! A very fitting way to describe Holly and Artemis - the bit with Foaly cracked me up!

Fantastically written, I loved it
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Very nice job with the extended metaphor. They're right in character, but canon tends to gloss over quiet moments like these.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
oh god... so good.
Endfall chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Epsilon Scorpii chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Great writing!
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Loved it
Marcus Absent chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Ah yes, the fallout of Artemis' betrayal of Holly in "The Time Paradox."

This is, in my opinion, a near perfect demonstration of why "The Time Paradox" is the best book in the series. Because it solidifies Artemis' nature as (per the metaphor) a viper. That, even after all the good he has done, he is working for his own ends, and sometimes he has to make sacrifices for his goals. He may not like it, he may resent himself for it, but he will do it. And from a storytelling perspective, his betrayal of Holly is a bold move on Colfer's part. Most authors, when they have a pair like that, it almost always ends with either with the pairing becoming canon, one of them dying, or the whole thing becoming a ship passing in the night. Very rarely does it end with a backstabbing, but that was Artemis' way.

Anyway, excellent job on this story. It has a great grasp of these themes, as well being very much in character, as well as insight that is not usually made explicit in the canon series, but definitely fits.

I applaud you.
Electricboa chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
This is quite well written, and you did a remarkable job in keeping everyone in character. I especially liked the extended metaphor, nicely done.
Lord Xantos A. Fowl chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
that was amazing

distilled awesome

your characterization was well done all of it

could be continued but works on it's own

better than the original in some ways
Guest chapter 1 . 10/15/2011