Reviews for Die Mauern
Angelic Phantomcrow chapter 1 . 7/31/2016
This is a nice piece, I like it
And I must say your german is better than many other I've already read
and I would know considering my habitat, so if only ff would not always put me back into Romania...
So, Thank you for sharing this!
Sonra chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
Your German is lovely. But why, WHY, must Prussia disappear. Des ist so traurig. Well done
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
cool
Melody Syper Carston chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
This is such a saddening ficlet! Awe all the emotions portrayed here... Wondrous job!

And the "geil" bit made my night. XD

~Awesome
DLHKM chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Short, but to the point and exceedingly bittersweet (although I'd have to say it's more bitter than anything after that ending).
Bikami chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Über geil! - It's an ongoing joke in my class, and I'm not even German xD

- This is a very simple and very... I don't know... soft and heartfelt story.
Allen.Nara chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
so sad... it made me shiver! and god punch me in the face if it isn't hot in july.

nice fic! :)
Aoi-Joou chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I just don't know why I even get surpriced by this; figures you like sad endings. Good but sad as always.
00Touya chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Great, great, great story!

I love it.

Though it really made me cry when Gilbert vanished at the end ( never read an ending like this before) it just fits the history of Germany and it really is a great ending of a great story 3

( I hope you understand me? Im not really sure about my english xD Im actually german, haha. Love 3)
Victoria Alatamir Wan chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
...I don't get the 'geil' thing. Why?

Anyway, great job! I love it~

V.
Boote chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Geil... -snorts-

This was beautiful. And sad. You had me in tears.

I love the use of German! It works perfectly to have all the dialogue in German in such a short story, and it really added a lot.

I thought Germany's slight coldness to Gilbert when he wasn't sure who he was fit him perfectly, and the ending, like I said, brought me to tears.

Gilbert's slight awkwardness in response to Germany's hug was brilliant, too. He doesn't strike me as the sort of person/nation that would be very comfortable with physical affection, especially not in serious situations, given his heavily militaristic background.

There are a few points where the wording is a little awkward (such as "He looked out across the other side", where 'onto' might work better than 'across'), but the description of Ludwig climbing up the side was stunning. I could visualize it. There was a nice amount of ambiguity in it that left the details to the imagination, but enough details to make the reader connect with it.

Hab ich erwaehnet, dass ich Ihre Geschichte liebe?
Caleigh Barksley chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Holy fuck...

this actually made me cry...

Kudos to you, your stories are amazing~

now where'd that damned tissue box go...?
Myrdschaem chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
That was really heartwarming... and "geil" fits Gilbert perfectly! Besides that, I must compliment your German - I can't see anything wrong and it's sounding very good. Your teacher should be proud at you! ò_ó
Prussia ftw chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
It was sad but poignant. You did a wonderful job.
shitgoesdown chapter 1 . 4/18/2009