Reviews for If I Had a Sibling
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
My older brother must've felt the same, too. I was always the smarter child, the one able to spell 'specifically', able to know the answer to 13x13 faster than him. I was always the one my parents compared him to, talking about how although he was older, I was tidier, smarter, more efficient, and helpful. Ouch. Sometimes, I'd stand there and watch while my mom slapped my brother for disobeying her for the 106th - or was it 107th - time.
you were the ocean chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Elizabeth is an idiot.

I kind of got confused once in a while because you said "she" after, let's say, Hermione's name, yet you meant Elizabeth.

I liked it. :)
MarginalMary chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
A rather beautifully wretched piece. Well rounded. The OC more interesting than stock

Complex but Immature. It's old so I hope you don't mind me saying that you use cliches "dropping on her head" and "pulling stunts" and a comparison to Lily and Petunia which is actually a contrast.

You love that word "one," don't you.

I think this whole thing could be achieved in-scene. No need for intro.

I love the dialog. Wit and Grit.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
This was an interesting perspective/idea, although I feel like at the beginning of the story it might be interesting if there was a bit more variation-e.g., instead of just description maybe a few anecdotes about specific incidents or a dash of dialogue to help capture the characters, since it seemed to me that the dialogue at the end of the one-shot did a very good job of capturing Elizabeth's personality. Two other quick notes: one, is that I might have just missed it while reading, but I think it would be helpful to know the age difference between Hermione and Elizabeth.

Two is random trivia that you might already know, but if I recall correctly, J.K. Rowling said that originally Hermione did have a sister, who she ended up getting rid of to simplify things while writing. So, I think it'd be pretty plausible canon for Hermione to have a sister.
Tamira chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Hi,

this is pretty good. - I feel sad for Elizabeth. She does not sound like one of the people I'd like in real live, but I still wished she would not have killed herself. - OR that Hermione would have had her wand with her. Even Hermione would have broken the law that no underage witch orwizard is allowed to use magic, if it would have meant xshe could have saved her sister!

I spotted one little mistake in this sentence. Quote: "Petunia and Lily had always been, up to the point of when Lily had met Severus Snape as a child." When I first read it I was confused what Lily and Petunia had been... but I figured out soon you meaned they had been close. - Right?

I think Ron would have listend to Hermione if she had told him about Elizabeth. - But he would have ben SO unconfortable! ;)

Sorry, if my English is not perfect, it's not my mother tongue.

Bye, Tam
Halan Lore chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
A.) I am gonna start stalking your page if you keep churning out cool stuff like this.

B.) She intended to die all along didn't she?