Reviews for Eyes Open Wide
InsanityIsClarity chapter 1 . 4/19
I only wish that the writing was bad, so that I could hate this. I want to hate this; I want to hate the fact that you killed off one of my favorite fictional characters. I want to hate that you made me sad, but I can't, because the writing was anazing, and the imagery was spectacular, and Zuko wasn't OC, and you write death... like it should be written. And yet I still want to hate this. But I can't.
Crying chapter 1 . 3/19
This was the first ATLA fic I ever read, and I still cry everytime I read it. Its brilliant, and I really wish I could write as well as you someday. Zuko's perspectives of his friends and their views of him are just perfect.
Crying at 1:20 in the morning
Shutterfly Simmons chapter 1 . 2/16
This was amazing on so many ways. This fic contains that indescribable quality of the best Fanfiction. I absolutely loved it!
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Dan chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Phenomenal.
ForestGuardian311 chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
Ohmygoodness... Spirits, I'm about to cry over here. T_T

Your writing is beautiful - the details, especially.

Zuko! T_T

(Of course, you wrote this a long time ago, so it's no longer canon, but hey, that doesn't make it any less awesome.)

Heart-wrenchingly beautiful...
Bleach4Soul chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Crying again... Damn it.
firedragongirl chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Heartwrenching.
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
I was really sad that Mai had died, but really touched and proud of Zuko that he was still working so hard for his country. You do a freakin' fantastic job with his character. The plot progression in this was really well thought out and effective, with how you start with a clear cut perception of dying and then go into the action, which was very well written by the way, and all the experiences and people, both past and recent, that have tempered Zuko's character, and how he doesn't close his eyes. It all fit together and flowed nicely and I really liked how you set out define honor and duty and explore the two a bit. It's nice to have other values than 'follow your heart' espoused. I thought there was some repetition with how he twice thinks of Mai gracing the halls and haunting the shadows, but it could also be read as his thought processes breaking down and starting to run in circles. Especially since they don't actually make an appearance, I thought you had a fabulous grasp on all the characters that Zuko flashes back on and their personalities and affect on him came across distinctly. I liked the bit about Iroh understanding what it's like to lose your wife and how seems like Zuko gave the Earth Kingdom knife to Sokka. Zuko's nobility and compassion, as well as not thinking things through, were very well showcased and it's so gratifying to see the good effect he's having on the nation and how much he thinks about his people. It just makes you happy that he's been able to come so far and become such a redeemed person.

What a way to go, taking the hit for someone trying to assassinate you, but it's such a splendid character moment. Personally, I think you did a terrific job of First person POV death. The way his thoughts turn, the way the world fades, how he tries to communicate his last words, and how he absolutely refuses to give up, which ties in so excellently to one of his core character traits. It breaks your heart but also lifts you up. It's tragic but also very beautiful.
Shara Raizel chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
I thought that this was a beautiful piece. I'll have to read unbreakable next. You did a really great job. I was getting misty eyed by the end. :')
Irish Pirate chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Oh my God I am crying. This is spectacular, and the first person death was pulled off really well. Excellent job.
StarDotStar chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Just finished reading this.

Again, Zuko's voice is pitch-perfect, and... and this was just... awesome - in the older, truer sense of inspiring awe.

I can only hope that one day, you continue Unbreakable, because if the following chapters are even half as good as the first chapter and it's companion, it will be a story for the ages.
always-whelmed chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
O.O
Qir chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I have a feeling that it's something indescribable, and I cannot find right words. So i write only: Beautiful, and sad.