Reviews for In Vino Veritas
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
This was just good. Thanks.
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Poor Spock. Words can often cause much more damage than sticks and stones.
Mariole chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Youch, this is achingly sad! What an interesting thing for you to pick up on and explore. I'm going to have to think about this. Thanks for posting!
Foolmoon chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Wow! Pat, you did it again! You never cease to amaze me with your writing ability. If only I could write so well . . .

Poor Spock!

BTW, I'm sure you've seen the newest movie. What did you think?

Cyranothe2nd chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Love this. Spock's anguish is all too real and McCoy-*sheesh* He's usually more observant and intuitive than that.
Radon65 chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Aw.. That was sad. It was an interesting idea, the loss of inhibitions, and Spock pondering over what Kirk said to him. I was surprised it didn't work out more by the end, but it was well done.
KarraCaz chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
I'd agree with Danny's assessment here. Kirk was no longer under the influence of the spores - although your point was, I think, that they might have still affected him. But there was no way that Kirk had an ulterior motive in what he said to Spock. His words were chosen most carefully to anger Spock enough to break himself free. Still, that said, it was a good story, well told, and the characterizations of Spock and McCoy perfect.
trecebo chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Talk about crossed wires. Yikes! This lil' shot is a doozer, alcohol and all. *hic*
Ster J chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Poor Spock! Sometimes the pain is of his own making. All he needs to do is go and talk to Kirk, or have Kirk come and talk to him. Perhaps that could be the basis of your follow-up to this story-Chapter Two: After the Hangover...?
degustaciones chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Aww, no, Spock, aw man! Poor kid. Poor silly lost homeless sod.
Em chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
I always like your interaction between Dr McCoy and Spock. They've got each other's number.

Good characterizations. Thank you for posting.
Melissa chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Very Good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you!
sandsofvulcan chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Great, Pat. It reminds me of one of my favorite sayings, "In teasing there is truth." Kirk chose the things he knew would hurt Spock enough to make him react. I liked how McCoy unknowingly reaffirms Spock's suspicions about Kirk's behavior.
cobalt-blue chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Very good story. However, I would point out, and it's a mistake that I don't see Spock making- Kirk was NOT under the influence of the spores when he said those things. They were not things he was feeling but were chosen logically to be the most emotionally charged for his first officer and friend.

Darkover chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Dear Pat: I loved this story, as I love almost anything you write. It was sad, but touching, and even sweet. IMHO, you wrote Spock and McCoy perfectly in-character. Thanks for writing and posting this! BTW, have you thought of writing a sequel in which Spock has his first hangover? Just don't use such a story for laughs-as I'm sure you wouldn't.