Reviews for A Primate's Party
oh!
TheApathyImp chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
xD Video on youtube. 3
Captain Zex chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Lol, sounds like some of the parties I've been to...

Good story.

-Zex
HeartWritingM chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
a silly tale, but a fun read. I loved the last line.
PengyChan chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Ahah, this was so funny that my belly is still hurting for laughing XD There were so many funny bits here that I don't know form where I should begin.

...no, wait, I know. The beginning.

It was simply awesome how serious the beginning was XD Hadn't I known already it was going to be a humorous story, I would have never suspected. Heck, even knowing where it was going, I fet like jumping on the seat in surprise as I got to the "SURPRISE!" part! XD

But I'm getting ahead of myself. As I was saying, the "serious" beginning is a joy to read - that musings about villains and homes was great, and really interesting. I really love your take on Monty's past, and overall, the prose is simply great - you're getting better and better at that. I'm envious XD

Ahah, his reaction to the surprise party is too awesome for words! XD Poor guy, he definitely hadn't seen that coming, and he seems simply horrified. I especially love it how he didn't manage to utter a sentence and the other characters tried to guess what he was about to say. Each line they said was simply perfect for each of them! XD And I laughed so hard when he snapped at Drakken to not remind him how old he was turning XD Awesome.

And man, the cake was just...just...dangit, I can't stop laughing XD I demand you to tell me what you were smoking when you came up with it, and where can I get some XD Seriously, that was a stroke of genius.

...dangit, I WILL stop laughing sooner or later. Sure. I will. Maybe XD

And you know, it was a great idea skipping to the next morning to only fill up the reader with what had happened the previous night later XD It leaves us wondering what the heck happened (okay, not that much of a hard guess, but still! XD) And man, the description of the various couples/bunches/whatever lying around. The bits about the switched boxers and how Rufus popped out from Monty's...well, Drakken's boxers simply cracked me up. I can just picture Monty screaming like that. Who wouldn’t anyway? XD

And man, the videotape! XD That was just hilarious XD I really don't know which part of "truth or dare" I liked better, they all rocked! The interaction between characters was so darn hilarious XD And I just love it how everyone ended up getting less and less lucid and doing more and more stupid stuff. It was simply great. And know that I will never manage to look at banana pudding with the same eyes XD

The ending was simply hilarious as well. I mean, on youtube! Poor Monty. No, wait, poor everyone - it's not like any of them looked at their best in that tape, so I wonder who would put it on youtube. Maybe Rufus? XD

Overall, this was hilarious! I had a great time reading it! :D
VampireNaomi chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
I love the completely serious beginning of the story. The musings about villains and homes felt very real to me because that's exactly how it must be. I've never really thought much about it, but it's true that the villains keep chaging lairs and hideouts all the time in the series. This serious intro also kept me on the edge of my seat since I was continuously waiting for the punchline that would shatter the illusion and show that this was a comedy after all.

The backstory about Monty's past was very interesting to read! I've never really seen it portrayed like this. Most people either give him a very happy childhood with loving parents and some later tragic events while others portray it as utterly miserable with beatings and so on. Your idea of generally "loving" parents who didn't really love each other and didn't pay proper attention to their son is an intriguing concept. It feels realistic in a way, and I'm sure it could partly explain why Monty turned out the way he was.

Hehe, the line "And what a path that was" cracked me up. :D It felt so dry and humorous that I couldn't help but chuckle.

And then the punchline finally came! I love Monty's first reaction to the surprise party! Poor guy; he certainly wasn't expecting that. XD I can just imagine his face when he sees all the people there and screams at the top of his lungs.

I love the detail that Monty doesn't like his age. It makes sense that it would frustrate him to no end that he's growing older and still isn't the Ultimate Monkey Master. It must be quite hard for him, especially since Ron is young and has his entire life before him.

That is one brilliant birthday cake! XD I couldn't help but laugh when I read the description of it, especially the thong. You really have an interesting imagination, Lily. Do I even dare ask what you've been drinking?

And just when I thought that the story couldn't possibly get any wackier, you had to move on to the morning after scene. Man, that was hilarious! XD All those characters snuggling together in those random combinations will keep me laughing for the rest of the day. My favourite part, however, is definitely how Drakken and Monty were wearing each other's boxers! And when DNAmy asked what had happened last night, my first thought was "Do I even want to know?".

The video tape was a really good idea! There lots of great details there that I loved. For example, the fact that Dementor refused to answer that question was hilarious and I really like the idea that Senior can drink everyone under the table.

However, my favourite part in the entire fic is Monty's revelation about how he dyes his hair black! That's a stroke of complete genius! XD Mad points to you! I was laughing at this so hard that I completely failed to register the YouTube joke at first. I wonder who uploaded it there? XD