Reviews for Impasse
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
I agree. I can't go a day without a B&B fix.
BandBfan chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Hi H,

A day without BB is a day wasted, may I borrow that motto?:]

I loved Responsible Booth in this epi... What's more is Brennan comes to love him just a little more as well!

I loved how you gave her the courage to try and ask Booth...don't think HH would give Brennan that benefit at all, maybe if ever.

I loved that you gave us more of our B&B ending that we all look forward to in every episode.

I hope we still get to have these moments now that Miss Hannah is here?

Thanks again Heather

Cindy
cmf227 chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
I always did wonder what she was thinking about as she watched them talk. I really loved that you likened it to her sitting there and listening to Booth impart whatever wisdom was appropriate for that experience. Great job.
bluemuriel chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
After reading The Bet, which is DELICIOUS, I have just discovered your S4 ep tags. Wow! They were so needed, to make up for HH’s cutting corners with the baby bombshell. Your back-story is totally believable, very clever and logical about Brennan’s thought process-from thinking men are unnecessary, to them (one of them) being very necessary.

I still think her not wanting children is common sense, and not purely trauma from her own childhood…but that’s me.

Very nice self-analysis on Brennan’s part: “I have a shameful, selfish reason as well. If I have a child, and he is the father, he would never leave us. He would never leave me. My deepest fear would never come to light.” I love how lonely it is, how honest and fearful. How she doesn’t quite feel worthy, or that his life is full enough without her. But of course it’s not true!
thetruetruth chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
I haven't seen the whole episode yet (well, I peeked at the end - sh!) and as ever I love your ending a whole lot better.

This was a great line :

"If I have a child, and he is the father, he would never leave us. He would never leave me. My deepest fear would never come to light." and so true. I like to think that's why she asks what she does of him.

Love your work. x
Grrlnorth chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Just lovely! You have such a grasp on them.
doulikecheeze chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
so awesome! love it very much! xx ~doulikecheeze
sheltiegrl chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Amazing as always! I can't wait for the next one!

and as always, you've made my day!

~B
Chicklit chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Lovely, as always. Thanks!
mumrulz chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
I see that you are still on a roll...no sooner had I posted my review for the last chapter of The Bet, than this alert came through...& once again I have to apologize for the lateness of this review...Just as well as my personal motto is 'Better Late Than Never'. LOL.

**A day without BB is a day wasted.

...is there even such a thing?

Not in my world! :-)

I was very wary of reading this, once I read 'end-of-season rumors/spoilers;'... I worried that it would be another baby fic...where a clinical Brennan only wants Booth for his sperm - no emotions involved, as I find it hard to believe that Booth would readily agree, (hear that HH & Co.) given his family values, his morals & knowing how hard it is to already deal with the current situation involving Parker. I am also finding it hard to reconcile the fact that Brennan is now desiring to have a baby of her own. This goes against everything that she has said in the past. Why now? What has changed her mind? What are her real reasons? Has her maternal instincts caught up with her?...or just her insecurities?

But having said all that (well ok...having a rant, is probably more like it)...I really liked the way that you have presented & laid a realistic foundation for this possibility - put forward a feasible explanation for her decision:

**If I have a child, and he is the father, he would never leave us. He would never leave me. My deepest fear would never come to light.

I loved the way that in the first paragraph, you have described, so perfectly, the way that Seeley Booth has turned Brennan's life upside down. In this fic you have Brennan realizing that Booth is different, that he is NOT a loser - grr - but someone to be proud of, proud to have as your baby's father. You have captured Brennan perfectly, her ruminations on how Booth had changed her & the way that she looks at things, at life.

I am inclined to wish that the writers would end the upcoming episodes (that deal with this topic) at this point - as you have. I think that the writers are continuing to short change Brennan's character by portraying her as lacking in emotion, empathy & depth. Sorry, but this is definately not one of my favourite future storylines...okay, stepping off the soapbox now.

Loved this version of the episode - how could I not...you wrote it! :-):-):-)
LooseSeal chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
I've been trying to keep away from the season finale spoilers, but at this point, it's near impossible. But you know what, I've had a lot of trouble rationalizing Brennan's sudden decision to ask Booth to father her child, given what we know about her standpoint on kids, but with this story, you actually made it make sense to me, what she could be thinking that would lead her to make this out-of-character request. For one thing, this was very well-written (but really, what stories of yours aren't?). But the logic, the way you've worked it out, is understandable: Booth has taught Brennan to think in the abstract (loved this line: "This is an inexact, nebulous thought, and it makes me unhappy"); he's shown her that he's someone she can count on; he's shown her that people can be there for their children. Infinitely sad, though, is her feeling of inevitable loss associated with Booth-if she doesn't ask him, or if she does. This line was extremely powerful: "If I have a child, and he is the father, he would never leave us. He would never leave me. My deepest fear would never come to light." I think this is where you got me; because yeah, this would be another substitute for the real union she can't fully admit she wants with Booth, and a more permanent one.

Ok...makes sense now. Thanks for this lovely one-shot! I'll definitely have this in mind, however things come to pass on the show.
EmmasAngel chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Great Story! I loved it! The "hints" from the spoilers surfing around are well played here!
DoctorSweets chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Very lovely as usual
alyss19 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
excellent work! more stories please!
iheartjimhalpert chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
That was so good! You really captured Brennan's thoughts so perfectly. Throughout this whole season she's been trying to become more aware of people's emotions, which I think is going to pay off HUGELY in the season finale. I'm so excited!